Whether you have the job interview of a lifetime, a hot date or merely a night out on the town, countless beauty snafus may be lurking just around the corner! Don’t fall victim to some of womankind’s oldest enemies…instead, be ready and armed for whatever beauty blunders may await.
Different situations may call for suitable actions, so consider your destination and any possible snafus that may come up while you are there.
At a very bare minimum, your beauty survival kit should include the following:
Clear lip gloss or chapstick
- No matter how kissably soft you know your lips are, it can never hurt to add some moisture and shine with a deliciously flavored lip gloss.
Dental floss and toothpick
- A single strand of floss coiled up and tucked away can really save the day in case your romantic candlelit dinner for two becomes a dinner for three, if you count the broccoli between your teeth as a single entity!
– Fresh breath in an instant! Just take a small swig of mouthwash after dinner or before you head out the door.
Mini trial size perfume spritzer
- Freshen up anytime you like by carrying a miniature purse-sized fragrance spritzer with you. Scent is often considered the sense most tied to memory, so let your fragrance linger and leave a lasting impression wherever you go!
Hairspray or gel
– Long events often leave much room for hair calamities to engage by the end of the night. If you simply can’t stand to have a single hair out of place, it is in your best interests to pack a miniature bottle of hairspray or gel.
– You never know when your allergies might act up or a sudden event may cause the waterworks to spring a leak. By prepared to sop up any unexpected tears with a few tissues packed handily inside your pocketbook.
Miniature bottle of lotion
– Whether dry hands or peeling skin from harsh sunburn ail you, ward off any unsightly flakes with a few drops of your favorite lotion in a travel-sized bottle.
* * *
Depending on the size of your purse, you may wish to compile your own beauty survival kit and store it all inside a zippered pouch that you can bring with you from place to place.
Keeping a number of these items, if not all of them, in your vehicle is a great idea – especially if you travel a good deal. Add your own beauty items to the pouch to create the ultimate survival kit especially for you!