Homemade White Teeth Recipes
Dazzling white teeth are essential to give our personality a perfect appearance. A beautiful smile enhances the overall beauty of the face. White teeth also reflect state of our health and hygiene. The process of teeth whitening is generally performed at the dentist’s clinic. There are many teeth whitening products available in the market. These may be in the form of toothpaste, tooth trays and tooth gel. Dentists perform laser treatment to treat discolor of the teeth. However this is a very expensive and time-consuming procedure. Instead of going for this expensive process, you can get your teeth whitened by using homemade tooth whitening recipes.
There are many causes of discoloration of teeth. It may be
- Drinking too much of tea or coffee
Prevention of Discoloration of Teeth
You can prevent your teeth from getting discolored by following some simple routine procedures. First rule is when you eat or drink anything, rinse or brush your teeth immediately. Avoid drinking too much of tea or coffee. Use toothpaste, which contain mild polishing substance. Drink plenty of water to keep the teeth hydrated and removing plaque from teeth. Eating guava, sugarcane, carrot, cucumber, apple prevent yellowing of your teeth. Brush your teeth properly with a soft bristled brush. Eat lots of fibrous fruits and green vegetables keep your teeth free from bacteria and hence white. Avoid taking too hot or too cold drinks. Do not scratch your teeth with fingernails. It will let the plaque deposit in the scratches and leads to further yellowing of teeth. Do not drink carbonated drinks in excess.
Homemade Teeth Whitening Recipes
- Take the powder of dry neem leaves and brush your teeth daily with them. It keep teeth healthy and hence white.
- Rub table salt on your teeth and rinse it off with water after sometime.
- Make powder of dry orange rinds and massage your teeth with it.
- To replenish the mineral content of the teeth and hence getting back the whiteness, you can use sodium bicarbonate as a tooth powder.
- Prepare a mixture of ½ tsp of baking soda, ½ tsp of vinegar and a pinch of table salt. It will look like a paste. Apply this on your teeth and wash after some time. It will make your teeth bacteria free and stain free. It is a very effective homemade teeth-whitening recipe.
- Another wonderful homemade teeth whitening recipe is to prepare a mixture of ½ tsp of baking soda and 1-2 drops of hydrogen peroxide. Apply this mixture on your teeth just twice a week. It will bleach the teeth. You may feel some irritation on your gums but it won’t harm your teeth and gums.
- Take one tsp of baking soda and a pinch of iodine rich table salt. Rub it on your teeth to make them pearly white.
- Brushing your teeth with Sage leaves is another remedy to keep your teeth sparkling white.
- Using twig of Babul as a disposable toothbrush for ten minutes daily can make your teeth healthy and white.
- Basil that is Tulsi is another herb, which helps you keep your teeth white. Dry the leaves of Basil in sun and powder them. Use it as toothpowder. It will help you remove many tooth problems.
- Neem twigs can also be used as the disposable toothbrush. Besides whitening of teeth, it fights bad breath by killing of bacteria.
- Take one tsp of fenugreek seeds and boil them in water. Cool this water and rinse your teeth with it keeping it in mouth for few minutes. It will make your teeth strong and white.
- To prepare homemade mouthwash, take 3 cups of boiling hot water, 2 tsp of fresh coriander, 3 tsp of peppermint leaves and 1 tsp of anise seeds. Mix all the ingredients and cover for 30 minutes and then strain it. Store this in glass bottle.
- Sprinkle baking powder on the half cut lemon. Then apply it gently over the upper and lower teeth for one minute each. After that brush your teeth with toothpaste. Do not use this recipe for more than once a week.