Happy Birthday Preity Zinta: 5 Movies of the actress that makes us miss her on the big screen

Preity Zinta, who turns 44 today, was amongst the leading ladies of Bollywood in the early 2000's. Let's take a look at her memorable roles to commemorate her birthday today, i.e. January 31, 2019.
Preity Zinta celebrates her 44th birthday today, i.e. January 31, 2019.Preity Zinta celebrates her 44th birthday today, i.e. January 31, 2019.
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

In 1998, we were introduced to the bubbly actress Preity Zinta, who managed to make a mark with her debut performance itself. The film was Mani Ratnam's Dil Se... and Preity starred alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Manisha Koirala. After the film's release, there was no looking back for her. It was Kya Kehna opposite Saif Ali Khan which showed us her true mettle as not only a bonafide performer but a lead actress as well. Then came Kal Ho Naa Ho which marked her stamp in Bollywood.

Kal Ho Naa Ho was and will always be the highlight of Preity's career as she stole the show and won millions of hearts all over the world. She has also been a part of other memorable movies like Soldier, Dil Chahta Hai, Koi... Mil Gaya, Veer-Zara and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. Her crackling screen presence is being severely missed on the big screen and we can all agree that no one could replace Zinta. As the actress celebrates her 44th birthday today, i.e. January 31, 2019, we list down 5 memorable movies of Preity Zinta that makes us want to see her on the silver screen pronto:

Dil Se... (1998)

As Preeti Nair, Preity burst into the Bollywood scene, all guns blazing and gave us a nuanced performance. It came as no surprise that the actress took home the award for Best Female Debut at the 1999 Filmfare Awards.

Kya Kehna (2000)

Kya Kehna was a film way ahead of its time and sees Preity as Priya Bakshi, who has to deal with teenage pregnancy as her boyfriend Rahul Modi dumps her. Her emotional scenes had a gravitas attached and showed us her versatility.

Dil Chahta Hai (2001)

With her bubbliness attached to her character Shalini, Preity immediately became the nation's crush! Her chemistry with Aamir Khan was electric and she added her own spunk in this ensemble movie.

Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003)

Preity's career-defining role came in 2003 when she was offered Karan Johar's Kal Ho Naa Ho. As Naina Catherine Kapur, Preity won our hearts by making us laugh and cry. Just like in Kya Kehna, her versatility was showcased in leaps and bounds.

Salaam Namaste (2005)

Many would agree that Preity Zinta and Saif Ali Khan were one of the coolest on-screen Bollywood couples. In Salaam Namaste, Preity as Ambar Malhotra was in a live-in relationship with Saif's character Nikhil Arora. Due to an unplanned pregnancy, things get meek between the couple. With humour and a tinge of emotions attached, this romantic comedy had all the right flavours and was a big hit in 2005.

Which is your favourite Preity Zinta movie? Let us know your views in the comments section below.

Also Read: EXCLUSIVE: 15 Years of Kal Ho Naa Ho: Preity Zinta: Saif & I were Santa Banta; Shah Rukh Khan was unbelievable

Happy Birthday, Preity Zinta!

Comments

Preity is AWESOME!!!! Happy Bday!

she was and still is the best!

How can you miss Solider?! still love the songs and Preity really was good in the film.

Happy Bday Coke Junkie! U wr super bubbly; then u did Isshq in Paris or something like that!

Veer Zara is one of the best movie of Preity. She looked really gorgeous and nailed her role as both young and old Zara.

Happy Birthday Preity!!!!!
My all time favorite actress, watched her film soldier and fell in love with her beauty and talent . And later on her no nonsense, independent and hard work kept on winning my heart. One of the RARE GEM ( in addition to Kareena, Karisma, Juhi C) who made it BIG on their own ( without having alleged affairs with married men and using their boyfriends)
She is a truly admirable woman of substance,
Love you and God Bless you!!

She had affair with Shekar Kapoor

Happy birthday. Preity Zinta is a very talented actress. I liked her in Soldier film.

LOVE ALL HER MOVIES BRING HER BACK!!

Happy birthday beautiful! Love her so much!

Add new comment