Happy Birthday Shreya Ghoshal: These songs prove that the singer is the queen of melody

Shreya Ghoshal has turned 34 today. On her birthday, let's take a look at the playlist of her 10 most popular songs. It was Sanjay Leela Bhansali who gave her dream break in the Bollywood industry and since then, there's no looking back for the singer.
Discussion,Shreya Ghoshal,Shreya Ghoshal Birthday
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp
When I look back, I realise that I got such an amazing debut. It was a dream start. Every singer wants to sing for Bollywood films, and Bhansali sir made my dream come true. - Shreya Ghoshal

It was the song Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka from Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas that Shreya Ghoshal gave her voice to and it created a magical spell on all the music buffs. The Queen of Melody, The Nightingale of India, these superlatives have always been reserved for greats like Lata Mangeshkar, but it is Shreya who is one of the contemporary age singers who has been able to make it that big in the music space. 

She has been bestowed with accolades like National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer, Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer, and Filmfare RD Burman Award for New Music Talent in her kitty.

Shreya's voice has a classical bent to it and that's why the singer could able to ace a difficult song like Ghoomar. In one of the interviews, she had said, "Many people feel that classical music is not relevant to film music today, but that’s not true. Even if one doesn’t get to learn classical music, there’s a need to be exposed to good music. If you have a strong hold in classical music, you become versatile, and have the skill toimprovise and make every song better. People like Amit Trivedi (composer) and AR Rahman (composer) give you the scope and freedom to experiment and innovate."

Shreya’s first recorded song ever, Ganraj Rangi Nachato was a cover version of a Marathi song originally sung by Lata Mangeshkar. In 1998, Shreya had her first album, Bendhechhi Beena, released on 1 January with 14 tracks.

Today, she has turned 34. On her birthday, let's take a look at the playlist of her 10 most popular songs. 

Ghoomar

Deewani Mastani

Sunn Raha Hai Na

Chikni Chameli

Agar Tum Mil Jao

Tujh Mein Rab Dikhta Hai

Barso Re

Aashiq Banaya Apne

Silsila Ye Chaahat Ka

Saans

Comments

She us beautiful

Favourite is deewani mastani. There's something magical about the song, the slight echo, the qawali and of course the visuals.

Many many happy returns of the day SHREYA
waiting for your new song

Many many happy returns of the day SHREYA

Add new comment