How Shahrukh Khan’s Ra.One Will Recover Rs. 150 Crore

How Shahrukh Khan’s Ra.One Will Recover Rs. 150 Crore  0
How Shahrukh Khan’s Ra.One Will Recover Rs. 150 Crore  0

How Shah Rukh Khan’s Ra.One Will Recover Rs. 150 Crore . This has been penned by Komal Nahta for Koimoi.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There have been whispers in trade circles that Shah Rukh Khan’s reckless spending on Ra.One may cost him dear. Although nobody knows for sure what the budget of the costliest Hindi film actually is, it is estimated that the superstar-producer may have spent around Rs. 125 crore to make the film. If one were to add another Rs. 25 crore as cost of promotion and release, the total investment in the computer graphics-heavy Ra.One would be Rs. 150 crore. Shah Rukh plans to convert the film into 3D.

However, the position is not as grim as is being made out to be by the industry people. Rather, there’s every chance that Ra.One will cover its huge cost and, in fact, fetch profits. Here’s how:

Ra.One: Projected Overseas Business – Rs. 45 crore

Shah Rukh Khan is the badshah among Bollywood actors in the Overseas circuit. At least ten of his starrers figure in the Top 20 list of Bollywood films in the US and the UK. His last release, My Name Is Khan, crossed the Rs. 35 crore-mark abroad. Given the fact that it would be almost after two years that a Shah Rukh film would be releasing, one can safely estimate the business of Ra.One to increase by 20% over that of MNIK. Besides, Ra.One is being dubbed in German and given King Khan’s supreme popularity in Germany, one can safely add another couple of crore rupees to the Overseas business of Ra.One from the German version. Therefore, a figure of Rs. 45 crore seems achievable for Ra.One. We are talking of distributor’s share here, not net collection.

Ra.One: Satellite Rights – Rs. 40 crore

It is rumoured that Shah Rukh Khan will be richer by Rs. 40 crore when his deal for satellite rights of Ra.One goes through.

Ra.One: Music Rights – Rs. 7 crore

King Khan couldn’t have settled for anything less than Rs.7 crore for the audio rights of his super-hero extravaganza. The figure may be higher than this, but not lower, for sure.

Ra.One: Tamil & Telugu Dubbed Versions’ Business – Rs. 1 crore

In the worst case scenario, the 3D and 2D versions of the Tamil and Telugu dubbed versions of Ra.One can be expected to yield a combined share of Rs. 1 crore.

Ra.One: India Theatrical Business – Rs. 70 crore

Since Ra.One will come on the festive occasion of Diwali and will be released on a Wednesday (October 26), the five-day weekend (Oct. 26-30) can be safely expected to be bountiful. On a conservative estimate, the film could net Rs. 90 crore in the five-day weekend. For a net of Rs. 90 crore, the distributor’s share would easily amount to Rs. 50 crore. So, this would likely be the share for the first five-day weekend. Add a share of at least Rs. 8 crore for the balance four days and you have Rs. 58 crore at the end of the first week itself. Fetching another Rs. 12 crore in the subsequent weeks should not be a problem for the film. Of course, the five-day net collection of Rs. 90 crore is only an estimation. This figure could go up to Rs. 100 or even 110 crore. In that case, the first weekend’s share could go up to Rs. 55 or even 58 crore! If that were to happen, the first week’s India share alone could be Rs. 70 crore.

So, what does the total business figure come to?
Overseas : Rs. 45 crore

Satellite : Rs. 40 crore

Music : Rs. 7 crore

Tamil/Telugu : Rs. 1 crore

India : Rs. 70 crore

Total : Rs. 163 crore

The calculations and estimations reveal that Ra.One may, after all, not be the risky proposal it is assumed to be by the trade people. Only if, God forbid, the film doesn’t find acceptance will recovery of the unduly high cost of the film be an impossibility for producer Shah Rukh Khan.

Otherwise, SRK doesn’t need to really worry.

Post new comment

• Allowed HTML tags: <a> <em> <strong> <cite> <code> <ul> <ol> <li> <dl> <dt> <dd>
  • Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Images can be added to this post.

More information about formatting options

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Anonymous's picture

i love ra.one. ra.one is the best film. if i am president of indian box office and ifa award , stardust award , zee award , star award , and all award in india give to ra.one .

• 2 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Jo kehta hai ki Ra one bakwaas picture hai wo is duniya ka sabse bada bewkoof hai.SRK is the best.He is evergreen

• 2 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Sharukh is the best hero of boolywood I am fan Sharukh and Salman is bore hero
    Chammak Challo is the best song of the year 2011

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

good shahruk khan

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

i do not thing that any movie is beeter than ra-one on this year

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Ra.One! It was made at a cost of 150 crores and as per box office! When it was clear that it would be a failure,Some dirty paid coolies made the collection numbers 170 crores on the Monday day itself Then 220 Crores on The Tuesday :-) Desi Boyz is a hit.Eros International Themselves have said Its a profitable venture & Moreover no Distributor Complained of loses Employ people with brains.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

The movie just made of childrean.The film not good.SALMAN is real hero of bolywood.SRK is begger of film industry

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Ra.one is more than body guard movie ra.one is so fantastic movie......
    And today is kings birth day....
    happy birthday king of bollywood

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Overseas Business 45 crore is it just the gross ?? .. or distributor share ?

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

bakwaaaassssssssssss

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

fadu, rapchik & awesome movie of this year....................
    once again king khan rockzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

ra-one is a new kind of movie for bollywood and i'm sure that it will break all the records.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

RA-ONE TOTAL TIME WASTE A ELSE MOVIE A OLD LOOK SUPER HERO AND CHILDISH STORY. FLOP EVERY THING HAPPENED BECAUSE OF PROMOTION SHAHRUKH KHAN MAKE PEOPLE FOOL EVERY TIME BY HUGE PROMOTION.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

owsum film

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

i think so that the srk movie ra one will break all the records

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

where do they get so much money... Wish they donate some to the poor!.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

very good movie will break all records

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Geez, where do they get so much money... Wish they donate some to the poor!.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Sat, 2011-10-01 04:41 — Anonymous

thankyou very much my friend for that information.Now ignorant people praising ra 1 will see how they are used.

Srk has made himself a millionaire by repeating rahul,raj roles.His fans are the cause for this.
    Till the day that we stop watching movies on tv, indian fans will always be taken for granted.
    Srk is shameless and has no dignity else why would a superstar of his level dance in a wedding of unknown people? even amitabh,amir will never do that for money.Srk will do anything for money and refuse to help anyone around him(except in tv).
    Too bad his children will grow up to be like him.

I respect his nonfilmi background and immense popularity he has but he is seriouslly losing his charm,wit and jokes are lame.I used to be a srk fan but later realised that amir khan,hrithik has more passion,dedication to their roles.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

it is the good movie for me i really like this poster,trailer, songs jee one is best from this movie

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

SRK is the best and will rock the box office with RA ONE...I am 100% confident that the movie with be the biggest hit ever.....all the negative commentators go to hell...we dont care what you have to say....we srk fans love him adore him and know that he the bestesttttttt of the best...

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

don't get worried about sharukh , he will recover the cost or he can earn it buy dancing for few minutes in some ones marriage ,advertisement ,or in inauguration or brand ambassadorial for some products ,he will earn that money in few days or much more then that ,think about our country ,inflation ,corruption , black money ,politicians looting us , Anna hazare who is the real hero fighting for country ,
    According to Swiss bank reports :money stashed i swiss banks belongs to politicians , Bollywood Stars,Now u know why do the picturization or shooting of most Indian songs take place in Switzerland ,yes they r enjoying with hard earn money of common man who pays taxes for every thing and they enjoy on that money thats too tax free in turn we make them more rich by watching their movies in theaters ,and also paying entertainment taxes which is about 50% we making them more rich ,they have sold RA-1 rights to television for rs more then 40 crore so it will be obviously on TV , so why don't to watch free ON tv instead of spending our hard earned money and make them rich ,why we should be always loyal and don't watch pirated versions,why only common man is expected to be loyal Yes he will make lot of money and much money ,he will be much richer because there r many fools to watch his movies and fill his pocket and make him more richer and we have to fight for month to earn thousand of rupees and from which we will spend on his movie to make him more richer , They Blocked my video from you tube because they got worried.
    RA-1 Very Bad special effects Made by child, and they say very expensive movie, money only given to stars for parties m why to watch this low budget action film , Ramsey films better, Spend high cost is sham , a gimmick to give hype to the movie, effects taken from X-men, fantastic 4 etc but r of inferior quality sp I down loaded on my face book many ideas r taken from Robot too.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=118832244887085

RA-one has copied bit from here and there even from Tamil films like Robot.
    Every bit is copied from here and there see. It has even copied the posters from Hollywood films at least they must show some creativity
    http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/discussion/raones-ideas-lifted-ro...

http://www.bollysquad.com/2011/09/10/ra-one-new-poster-copied-from-batma...

http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/ENT-is-the-ra-2445414.html?HF-2=

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

SRK RA1 WILL BREAK ALL THE RECORDS AT BOX OFFICE . SALMAN'S MOVIES WILL STAND NO WHERE NEAR BO COLECTION OF RA 1. THE FILM WILL BE THE BIGGEST GROSSER EVER. HATS OFF TO SRK FOR MAKING SUCH A MOVIE AND LET INDIA FEEL PROUD

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Lookin 4rd 2 ih!!!!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

trailers and songs are promising,,,,well an Indian superhero,,,hope it'll do well.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Yes he will make lot of money and much money ,he will be much richer because there r many fools to watch his movies and fill his pocket and make him more rich and we have to fight for month to earn thousand They Blocked my video from you tube because they got worried.
    RA-1 Very Bad special effects Made by child, and they say very expensive movie, money only given to stars for parties m why to watch this low budget action film , Ramsey films better, Spend high cost is sham , a gimmick to give hype to the movie, effects taken from X-men, fantastic 4 etc but r of inferior quality sp I down loaded on my face book many ideas r taken from Robot too.
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=118832244887085
    its has copied bit from here and there even from tamil films like Robot.
    Every bit is copied from here and there see.
    http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/discussion/raones-ideas-lifted-ro...

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

if his name only generates money why did kaun banega crorepati and the indian "wipe out" show sink without a trace?

if the movie is better than robot maybe if the movie is less than i dont know

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Forget ATBB

It will be AT Disaster

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Yes he might recover the cost, provided the film is half good.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Didn't impressed me a bit so far. From mediocre songs to mediocre acting skills.

A flop all the way. This Diwali will be another Blue

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

wish him all the best!! he made a movie & put all his passion & energy to it....his effort should be well appreciated he deserves the best

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

''WHO EVER WORKS HARD WILL BE REWARDED'' I guess the fact that srk invested so much money to make the movie high to expectations is enough, I wish him the best.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

it's gonna rock the box office for sure it's a king khan's movie,

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

is this article a publicity stunt too? if viewers see that SRK has to recover so much, everyone will feel sorry for him! as a consequence, people will go see this movie because they pity SRK. nice publicity stunt, "bollywood lover"!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

SRK has to dance more in rich people parties now. I don't think movie will cross 75 cr.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

While I agree with the estimated facts above, you forgot one thing. His Name; King Khan...His name itself can generate 50 cr. easily to any given audience.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

well its SRK...not abhishek...everyone will be there to watch the film so its already a superrrrrrrhit!! no need for such an article and estimations!

• 3 years ago
  • tinag2001's picture

Vikram Vikram Vikram, Betaal Betaal Betaal....!!!!!!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Vikram Vikram Vikram, Betaal Betaal Betaal....!!!!!!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

komal nahta is stupid... films success depends on its box office collections... if ra 1 is 150 crs budget then it shud do business like 3 idiots to recover all money [3I did 202 crs in india & 50-55 crs overseas] other wise it will be huge flop.. complete humilation of srk.....infact i think his career is dependant on this film...... by looking at ra 1 i dont think it will even cross 100 crs so forget 200 crs...... all songs r stupid specially tht chammak challo......such type of films never works in india & srk is not rajinikanth or salman khan to pull huge crowd in theaters.... he dont have tht kind of deadly & massive star power..... so forget about recovering such cost...... its FLOP.....

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

easy. He's going to make it a circus like he did with OSO. That's the only way he can do it otherwise he's not the BO superstar the media wants us to believe

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Mon, 2011-09-19 19:16 — Anonymo

selling music rights, satellite rights does not count as movie being hit. In that case, even the flop movies -ravan and guzarish recovered there costs. Ravan - 40 crore hindi version, 10 crore telgu, 60 crore tamil, + music,+ satellite.> 120 crore. But it won't be called a hit movie even after that . How much it earns purely at box office matters. Raone's cost is 150 k, for it to be superhit, it should earn 300 k at box office , for distributors to recover their costs
    I agree with u. Then Rocket singh and Anjana Anjani also super hit movies.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

"Raone's cost is 150 k, for it to be superhit, it should earn 300 k at box office , for distributors to recover their costs"

i totally agree and people expect a superhit by SRK but i dont see it possible with that high investment.
    why doesn't Komal Nahta do the same calculations and estimations for every movie? youd be surprised to know how many flop movies actually recovered their costs..

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

he did a great a job atleast he was brave enough to do something out of his comfort zone, he was also a professional and he wanted to produce a movie with great vfx and action sequence not some stupid cartoon animation. I think nothing is guaranteed but he is even applauded now before the release cuz he had the guts to do this project which will make india proud. hats off sharukh

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Ofcourse SRK is going to recover the cost. He has literally brainwashed every Indian to go watch his movie. Thanks to his effective publicity stunts!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

If this money had been spent on the underprivileged people, Poverty in India will be a thing of the past. It saddens me how the world functions! So unfair!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

If only these bollywood stars spend this money on the poor people in India! Just imagine, the poverty in India will just vanish forever with this kind of money! I hope these stars will come to their senses as soon as possible!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

What he's talking about here is DISTRIBUTORS SHARE...that equals about 300 crores NET GROSS worlwide!!!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Anonymous, way to totally misunderstand the essence of the article. Perhaps, the next time you should read it. But anyway, this time, I'll tell you what the article was about - It wasn't about the movie being a hit, but about the Producer recovering the cost. There's a difference. Read to find out. No, really, nothing is worse than trying to sound smart and argumentative and missing the point completely.

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

ITS GOING TO CROSS ALL THESE FIGURES AS WELL! AS THEY SAY, JUST WAIT & WATCH!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Mon, 2011-09-19 19:16 — Anonymous

Take my advice ....Never do business

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

selling music rights, satellite rights does not count as movie being hit. In that case, even the flop movies -ravan and guzarish recovered there costs. Ravan - 40 crore hindi version, 10 crore telgu, 60 crore tamil, + music,+ satellite.> 120 crore. But it won't be called a hit movie even after that . How much it earns purely at box office matters. Raone's cost is 150 k, for it to be superhit, it should earn 300 k at box office , for distributors to recover their costs

• 3 years ago
  • sareelove's picture

Wow, that's a lot of money. Imagine if it does't do well? The humiliation...
    Especially after Salman's double whammy of Ready and Bodyguard. I don't want to be him right now. There must be so much pressure!

• 3 years ago
  • Anonymous's picture

Belive me it'l make much more. Haha

• 3 years ago
  • Poll

Is it OK for actors to dance at weddings?:

Top Movies

Who's online

There are currently 8 users and 6278 guests online.
    \n