Life of which Bollywood star would you love to see on celluloid ?
I have often been intrigued by the life of some of the Bollywood ladies. Their life often has been an enigma for the fans and more often than not has been filled with a lot of turmoil and tumultuous times. This makes me want to see their life on celluloid. Not only will there be an emotional connect with the story, it also will bring to life some of the untold facets and stories.
I am sure the family of the star will object to making a movie on their life, for reasons obvious. The best we can do is discuss on which star's life has most intrigued you and you would love to see it on the big screen. Better than a remake any day! What say?
So here goes my list:
1) Madhubala: Born as Mumtaz Jahan Begum Dehla entered the industry at a very young age of 9. Often said to be the most beautiful lady to have ever graced the Indian cinema, her career, her marriage to Kishore Kumar, rumored affair with Dilip Kumar and her illness have all been matters often discussed by Bollywood enthusiasts.
2) Nargis: Born into the tawaif tradition of Calcutta, Nargis went on to become one of the most successful actors of Bollywood. Her movies with Raj Kapoor (and the rumors of the affair between the two), marriage to Sunil Dutt, her charitable work and her untimely death have been often discussed.
3) Smita Patil: Started her career as a television newscaster for Doordarshan. She went on to become one of the most iconic actresses of our times. When she became romantically involved with actor Raj Babbar, Patil drew severe criticism from her fans and the media, clouding her personal life and throwing her into the eye of a media storm. Raj Babbar left his wife Nadira Babbar to marry Patil. Overnight, Patil was labeled a "home-breaker" by the very feminist organizations she had worked so assiduously for and became the target of barbed criticism
4) Divya Bharti: The beautiful Divya made her mark in Bollywood with performances in Deewana, Shola Aur Shabnam. Around midnight of 5 April 1993, Bharti fell to her death from a five-storey Versova apartment building in Mumbai. There was much speculation by the media regarding Bharti's sudden demise, including the possibility of accidental death, suicide or even murder. Bharti's dress designer Neeta Lulla is believed to have been at the apartment some time before her death. Police closed the investigation in 1998, but the circumstances of her death still remain a mystery.
5) Meena Kumari: Meena Kumari is definitely one of the best actresses of Bollywood. Her role is Pakeezah is considered one of the best performances ever by a Bollywood leading lady.
6) Anu Agarwal : Read up on her life here
Whose life would you love to see on celluloid?