Newsmakers of 2012: Top 100 most commented posts on Pinkvilla
December 28, 2012 moviebuff1990 102222 reads 89 comments
When it comes to Bollywood, almost anything and everything catches our attention. Whether its our celebrities, their controversies, new releases, box office, songs or anything that even remotely makes life more interesting.
This year, we've had our fair share of people and films making news. But which ones got the most traffic in terms of comments on Pinkvilla? Who got you most riled up, enough for you to type your support or flak for them?
Here's a list:
1. Aishwarya Rai and her many many many many posts. - The most beautiful woman in the world, Miss World 1994, Bollywood superstar, daughter-in-law to one of the most illustrious film families, and now mommie dearest, Ash is always on our minds. And now at our fingertips. It seems the more we posted about Aishwarya Rai, the more comments we got.
On the flipside, she's had a lot of supporters as well. So reading the conflicting comments is even more fun. Ash got commented on mostly for her looks and dressing sense at the various appearances she made. Some of these were with family, like Ritiesh and Genelia's reception, Honey Bhagnani's wedding reception, during Oprah Winfrey's visit and during the very star-studded Jab Tak Hai Jaan premiere.
Her most commented individual comments were at the Cannes gala red carpet>, Cosmopolis premiere> and Media Call. She was talked about for her Bulgari launch in London and appearance at the UN headquarters in New York.
With endorsements in print and television for L'Oreal, Kalyan including one for their new diamond collection and Longines, was honoured with The ICONIC Woman of Worth Award at the L'oreal Paris Femina Awards.
Some of her interviews like the one for Frost were controversial and her speaking about her kiss with Hrithik, her weight gain and the crazy media attention her daughter gets, got us all riled up.
But even as she takes the front seat at any of the family events, Aishwarya manages to get most attention for the way she looks these days, unlike what kept her in the news in 2011. But two consecutive years, she is our most talked about celebrity.
2. Aaradhya Bachchan - If mom's getting so much attention, how can the daughter be far behind?
Little Aaradhya who celebrated her first birthday this year, may be one of the most sought after celebrity babies ever. It doesn't matter if her parents want to keep the media away from this honey, but right from her birth through to her trip to Chicago and finally to her super exciting first birthday celebrations, this kid got Pinkvillians writing praise left and right.
3. Our actress-based polls topped the list as well. Looks like the hot hunks of Bollywood will have to work on themselves a bit more because it was the female brigade that got all the attention.
With films like Kahaani, English Vinglish, Heroine, Aiyyaa and Raaz 3 which were mainly heroine-centric, and other strong female performances in films like Barfi, Talaash and many others, our girls managed to make a mark. What really got our site going were posts which questioned 'Who is the number 1 actress of 2012?', 'Who is the frontrunner for Best Actress?', 'Which is the best woman centric film of the year?' and 'Which actresses are ruling the roost this year?' amongst many others. While Kareena and Priyanka stayed on the top, people simply loved evergreen Sridevi and Madhuri, and box office sweethearts Asin, Katrina and Sonakshi also made the cut.
4. Jab Tak Hai Jaan - Perhaps the most talked about film of the year was Yashraj's magnum opus Jab Tak Hai Jaan. This epic love story starring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma became even more popular as it was erstwhile director Yash Chopra's last feature before his untimely demise, and the film was embroiled in controversy due to its simultaneous Diwali release alongwith Ajay Devgn's Son of Sardaar.
What really got audiences interested was the illustrious guest list of the star-studded premiere - who made the cut and who didn't. The first look, trailer and especially the song promos for Challa, Heer, Saans and Ishq Shava were the most talked about. And even though the film didn't sent the cash registers ringing as much as anticipated, the film was followed through and through by fans alike.
5. Awards - The award season is no longer a season in Bollywood per se. There are awards happening the whole year round, and whenever there's award buzz, nominations revealed or winner announcements, comments come flying our way.
So while early Filmfare Award predictions for next year are already getting everyone in a tizzy, people are busy checking up on which actress will win the big honours next year. The recent BIG Star Entertainment Awards became popular, as Katrina and Deepika on the red carpet and the nominations were the most talked about. Last year's Screen Awards were heavy with contoversy and people are really looking forward to the upcoming Zee Cine and in a twist, the Golden Kela awards that honour the worst in Hindi cinema.
6. Film Feuds and Illicit Affairs -
In filmi feuds, our most commented posts were when Shah Rukh Khan patched up with his best friend's husband whom he slapped, Shirish Kunder. Shah Rukh is now working on Farah Khan's upcoming release.
And the other most commented on news was the verbal lashing between director Karan Johar and his then-friend Priyanka Chopra. It was apparently PeeCee's illicit relationship with Shah Rukh and Karan' loyalty to Gauri that made most news.
In the same vein, Mumbai Mirror's report on Priyanka's ways got popular.
To make matters worse, Priyanka and Shah Rukh dancing during the NDTV Greenathon got even more footage. So did their little secret convo during the BIG Entertainment award, her cryptic 'Daddy's Little Girl' tattoo and then a sudden shift to the Salman camp. Priyanka kept herself talked about with the release of the video of her debut single In My City. People are still conflicted on that one.
7. Kareena Kapoor - Kareena is perhaps the only leading lady of Bollywood who always has a opinion on everything. And while her quips to the media always keep her in the news, this didn't stop our readers from writing down their opinions on her views either.
Kareena's banter on her married life, her beau Saif Ali Khan, her releases especially Heroine and Talaash, her co-stars like Salman, Aamir and Shah Rukh, her body image and her equation with other actresses kept making the rounds and people had a lot to say.
Anushka Sharma got a bit of flak for her so-called tiff with Deepika Padukone and her lashing back at detractors.
8. Sridevi vs. Madhuri - Whether or not they're friends in real life now, we're all aware of the rivalry between the divas Sridevi and Madhuri during their heydays in the 90s.
And when the two got together to do a little jig on the sets of Jhalak Dikhla Jaa, it was a dream for us. While some just reveled in the fact that the two gorgeous ladies were back on screen, the post soon ensued an argument on who is better between the two, and kept us thoroughly entertained. Even their walk on the ramp wasn't spared. But if that wasn't enough, Madhuri had her own much publicised cover war against Kajol for a similar Filmfare shoot. And Sridevi immortalised her aura in the form of a statue.
And the Dabangg man who is making the closure of this year so much more exciting, his little brawl with Sapna Bhavnani on the sets of Bigg Boss 6 kept comments up.
9. Films and trailers -
10. Songs -
Click here to have a look at the whole list!