Priyanka Chopra at the launch of her debut single 'In My City' (+ Video)

Priyanka Chopra at the launch of her debut single 'In My City' (+ Video) 0
Priyanka Chopra at the launch of her debut single 'In My City' (+ Video) 0

Priyanka Chopra launching her debut music album 'In My City'. This is her first international single 'In My City', featuring rap artiste and Black Eyed Peas singer Will.I.Am. Also seen here are Priyanka's parents, brother, and grandmom. One excited family, this; and why not, Priyanka is all set to make them proud with this feat.

You can also spot Troy Carter, Lady Gaga's manager who happens to be Priyanka's manager too.

Priyanka is wearing a Falguni and Shane Peacock dress and jewellery by Gehna!

Post new comment

• Lines and paragraphs break automatically.
  • Web page addresses and e-mail addresses turn into links automatically.
  • Images can be added to this post.

More information about formatting options

By submitting this form, you accept the Mollom privacy policy.
To prevent automated spam submissions leave this field empty.
Anonymous's picture

i love her song..but her looks !!!!!!!! she looks like virtual Bipasha .

God ....
    grabs this starlet not in a league with Rhianna, Shakira, Madonna and Lady Gaga.
    Her level is Paris Hilton, Stephanie of Monaco, Nicole Richie ect. all most. Priyanka could only get that far, because SRK has given her financial support. Bad mistake, because she will never have a career in the music business.

PizzaPasta's picture

Honestly I commend Priyanka for realizing her hopes & dreams & giving them shape in a big way. I also appreciate her multi-faceted persona & am proud of her success as an Indian & support her 100%. But I also agree with what @Mila_In_NY said that why're people forgetting Ravi Shankar's tryst with the Beatles or even more Freddie Mercury??? And what about A.R. Rahman winning an Oscar???They're Indian pop icons much before Priyanka & I think they should be given their dues as well. Again I'm not looking down on her achievements & as I said I admire her success,but give respect to others where respect is due.

-------

I get what you're saying, but I think PC was trying to make a specific point - There hasn't been an international indian popstar - in the same vein as Shakira, Rihanna, etc. Of course there are indians in all fields that have done well in the US, and all over the world, but she was trying to make a very specific - which becomes obvious when you watch a few interviews that she's done about this album - point, that I think she wasn't too clear about. But whatever, it irks me how we get stuck on these tiny details. Indians are so critical of Indians, especially women, when they enter an international platform. We've done it with Aishwarya, Freida Pinto - the two that made it big there. Everybody just needs to chill and be supportive. You don't have to like her stuff, but I can honestly say, at this time, there is no better female actress to represent us in the world. Priyanka is very well-spoken, intelligent, hard-working, not to mention, very, very sexy, and very international. This should be a proud moment for everyone!

• Anonymous's picture

Love the song...PC u have amazing talent....

• Anonymous's picture

dressing wise she can do a lot better - she's got the figure but she is given only one kind of dresses to wear and styling no... for international event, styling should be of international std

• Anonymous's picture

the cleavage is so pushed and forced toghether that it feels more like the bottom thn the cleavage..

• starving4attention's picture

Fri, 2012-09-14 00:52 — Dessigaal
    New
    talking about this look..ami is not giving her 100% to make PC look fabulous. everytime i feel like god give me a chance.
    she is paying her stylist for nothing!
    *****************************************

Totally agree with you Desigaal. Ami Patel does guest postings on missmalini.com...Try to comment on there..maybe she'll listen??

• tea float's picture

oh I'm typographically challenged too! :(

• Catharina Amalia's picture

PC rocks!! can't wait to hear the song..

• tea float's picture

I'm glad I'm so musically challanged..

• PizzaPasta's picture

• Anonymous's picture

she looks fabulous and so is her voice...best wishes to her...

• Anonymous's picture

love love love the song....go PC go...

• Anonymous's picture

PC u r so talented....u rock girl...

love the song....

• Anonymous's picture

Her latest 5am friend is celebrating their shared sweet success. Calls for another 5 am party at his place. She is shy of replying to him on twitter. Awwwww so sweeet calls for a hug. So adorable soooooooooo cute. melts my heart at this faker and user.
    In all her initial phase she plays the blushing shy coy girl to perfection till she gets him good with her much in demand legs and then the claws come out of a control freak as his frenemy.

• BollyFanLuver's picture

Priyanka, this is just a snowball effect, you´ll get bigger & bigger if it´s in your mindset. Never loose that humility, it´s your joker card!

• BollyFanLuver's picture

luuving those earrings!

• Anonymous's picture

I think Its a great effort of PC's part to go to unknown territories and take a risk. I think we should all support her at least as Indians being represented in the US.

Because we don't want to create this impression like we did with Freida. Everyone in the world knows how Freida isn't supported as much in India. :(

• lady_in_pink's picture

love her earrings....over all look is also very good

She seems very excited....she has all the good reasons to feel so :)

• Dessigaal's picture

she is paying her stylist for nothing!

• Dessigaal's picture

brave girl's proud daddy!! aww..i am so touched. you rock PC.

• barbie girl's picture

Go Priyanka! Hope you make it BIG!

that 1st pic just scared me lol

• Anonymous's picture

shes younger than kareena and hotter.

• Anonymous's picture

so this is what she was preparing the indian janata after all with those skimpy dresses. the deep neck and forced show of cleavage is very classy as people here are saying. thanks God ash didnt fall for such cleavage gimmicks.

• Anonymous's picture

What a dress man! Love her attire.

• pink171's picture

agree with @pinkvilla_boy closeup pics r scary :))

• Voiceswriter's picture

Fri, 2012-09-14 02:24 — WhiteRose
    New
    I mean *isnt desperate LOL
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    nice save ;-)

PrincessRuchi's picture

Hey PEECEE, THOSE LEGS THAT SELL 12 Brands need to be moisturized ya know!!
    --------

everything needs some shine..her face, her legs, her hair .. except for her outfit though

PrincessRuchi's picture

Hey PEECEE, THOSE LEGS THAT SELL 12 Brands need to be moisturized ya know!!
    LMAO that was really witty!

Thu, 2012-09-13 17:30 — Anonymous
    Her PR give people the hype about her song debuting on NFL..then 1 day before the song release Priyanka is saying we got the wrong impression that she wasn't performing at the NFL and her 1:30 min song will debut on TV in India. Talk about Crooks. They will kill for fame.
    --------

No one ever said shes performing at the NFL (this is NOT the super bowl) its just going to be played before the games on thursday night. It was always said that its not the full song, just a minute and a half and that full song will follow later on. Get your facts straight.
    *********

Oh I guess I wasn't too interested in priyanka or her music. All I know is bollywood have a bunch of crooks and we the outsiders have to be aware. They will do anything for fame. I want God to wrap up the world now. I don't feel safe living in this world anymore. Evil is all around.

• Kitty's picture

I saw it on youtube, or at least the part that was on the football game. Gotta say, it's catchy... hope it's a BIG BIG hit for Priyanka! I wanna hear the whole song before I make up my mind about it though. PC looked GORGEOUS in the video for sure! :)

AND MAY THE BEST WOMAN WINNNNNNNN
    PRIYANKA DID IT AGAIN WITH HER SONG.QUEEN OF BOLLYWOOD AND QUEEN OF HEARTS I MUST SAY

• Anonymous's picture

I heard the song.The fact that she had to completely change her accent for singing an english song made it sound so bad.

Thu, 2012-09-13 18:54 — Anonymous

Thu, 2012-09-13 14:45 — Pinkvilla_boy
    Pinkvilla_boy's picture

AGAIN here her close up pictures SCARED me :(

-----------------------------

Let me tell you something, I used be neutral towards Kareena Kapoor and even like her sometimes...but just because of you I have started disliking her like anything! God knows how many other people coming to PV has turned away from her cause of you...a very nice fan you are!

______________________________________

oh my God! well said. I am one of those people too that used to like her and because of the bitterness of some people like pinkvilla_boy got turned off. you know what they say, your fans are your reflection. in kareena's case they seem to be uneducated wannabes

sexy cleavage

• Anonymous's picture

Proud of you PC! She has the guts to follow her dreams and shud be applauded...how many of you anons sitting and criticizing her have pursued your dreams come what may. Shes not in the league of Mariah Carey or W. Houston but that was a pretty good debut I have to say. Keep chasing your dreams PC..love you!

• Anonymous's picture

I was watching and kept an eye out but was switching b/w channels and totally MISSED her introduction. LOL, did anyone catch it?
    They will supposedly play it before every match this season, so will watch for it next time.

• PrincessRuchi's picture

Hey PEECEE, THOSE LEGS THAT SELL 12 Brands need to be moisturized ya know!!

Thu, 2012-09-13 14:45 — Pinkvilla_boy
    Pinkvilla_boy's picture

AGAIN here her close up pictures SCARED me :(

-----------------------------

• Anonymous's picture

horribly done makeup.. she seems to be trying too hard in this look.

agree with mila in ny

The song sucks, thanks to all the technical support to her very mediocre shower singing voice she thinks she has done it big.
    This is the biggest peice of crap ever, stop tryign too hard.

• Anonymous's picture

haters to the left................the video premiered here in states an hour ago and it was hotttttttttttt and EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC. so proud

• Anonymous's picture

priyanka's family is so supportive..no wonder she is so successfull

• Mila_in_NY's picture

I don't know what ever she means by 'no one from India has done this before' ?? Hello, Ravi Shankar and the Beatles? AR Raheman and academy award?? Zubin Mehta? Freddie Mercury?
    I guess she means no one from India without any actual musical talent has done bubblegum pop in the west before? Then I agree. I support her in her new endeavor, but I highly doubt she has real talent in music.

• Anonymous's picture

No complaints on the outfit. Smart, sexy and she has kept it classy. Looking forward to hear her song.

• Anonymous's picture

she should not have been wearing such a revealing dress wit family

• WhiteRose's picture

I mean *isnt desperate LOL

• WhiteRose's picture

So the minute she gets international fame you start to hate her again.
    Just because she's more successful than Kareena, hop off
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is no need for you to bring kareena into this, Kareena isnt after International success and is desperate for fame. She already has enough and is happy and content thats why she is getting married at the peak of her career. Just because someone dislikes Priyanka doesnt mean u have to bring Kareena in. Pinkvilla boy may be a Kareena fan but he praised her so many times unlike U Pc fans who hate on Kareena for everthing she does.

• kohinoor's picture

I don't know
    I have a bad feeling about the album

• Anonymous's picture

Looks like the album will only be known in India and Indian radio stations!

--------

• Anonymous's picture

i wonder how many people she had to suck off in hollywood to land this?

• Voiceswriter's picture

PC should stop saying that "no one has ever done this before" she is undermining herself and not to mention trivialising the dream of so many. They are so many aspiring Indian singers and songwriters (and I'm not even talking about NRIs or ABCDs) here in America, struggling to get their voices heard. She can't even say no one associated with Bollywood has ever tried because look at AR Rahman who has won a Grammy and an Oscar for his songs and musical genius. Her saying that no one has ever done what she is doing before is like Psy saying the same when there were Seven, BOA, The Wonder Girls, 2NE1 & many more K-pop stars who've gone for international pop stardom before him. Just be humble PC and let your work/music speak for itself.

Thu, 2012-09-13 14:45 — Pinkvilla_boy

So the minute she gets international fame you start to hate her again.
    Just because she's more successful than Kareena, hop off.

• starving4attention's picture

She looks incredibly HOT! Love that dress, and good for her achieving her dreams!!

• Anonymous's picture

Hillary Duff, Paris Hilton and I will even add Kim Kardashian on this list..they all sing sweet and nicer. And America is their country and hip pop and pop songs are their culture. Stay right where you are priyanka .

• Pinkvilla_boy's picture

AGAIN here her close up pictures SCARED me :(

• Anonymous's picture

I heard the song...it sounded good to my ears but did not last for long. Paris Hilton's song stars are blind was way way better than this. You could hear Paris's voice clearly. Priyanka sounded like she had to strain to get her voice out.

• srk_fangirl's picture

aww i love her family they are so supportive!
    she's looking sexy...just look at those curves:)

• Sun Burst's picture

m lovin her look here! totally rad!!!!

• Anonymous's picture

Its not going to flop, but i don't see it being a big hit either.

• Anonymous's picture

Good for her and all the best to her on this new venture.

but Frankly speaking, she and the song itself sounded quite generic. nothing outstanding. In fact her voice doesn't even sound like hers. I expected more from her honestly.
    And i have seen her dress her better (not often but there's been times). Unfortunately, this wasn't one of her best appearances for such an occasion.

Anyways, i'm sure it'll still be a rage amongst the fans. And can't ignore the fact that she has most definitely helped pave a new path for the future pop-stars from India - get a little more universal and all.

• Anonymous's picture

PC is such a miser.. will never spend money on clothes.. all free clothes from Indian designers or zara.. the fabrics look soo cheap when there are 100 flashlights..I thought Ami Patel would know better... thts the main difference between kareena/Sonam looks and hers..Tanya is wayyy better stylist than Ami!

• Anonymous's picture

Fun song. Doesn't really stand out .
    Sounds like something Demi Lovato or Selena Gomez would sing.
    Not as bad as I expected,lol. Good for her.

• bebo_pclover20's picture

Thu, 2012-09-13 11:21 — Anonymous My pleasure! :)

• Aristocrat's picture

Thu, 2012-09-13 13:43 — bebo_pclover20
    Ok for people who want to listen to the song and see PC at the music launch, go to Priyanka Chopra Fan Base (google it).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok i just searched and heard the song. i seriously did not know what to expect and priyanka has impressed me. i can imagine it being bumped in the clubs. great voice and it does suit techno/trance/pop.

• lady_in_pink's picture

i really like her look here...totally fashionable

• Anonymous's picture

this look is def different from normal pc wear

• Anonymous's picture

Best of luck to Priyanka, can't wait to hear the song.

• Anonymous's picture

Go to google and write priyanka fan base....the sonh is dissapointingly bad

• Anonymous's picture

i really like the song.....its very upbeat and good reminds me of katy perry and some lady gaga songs...will be a chartbuster for sure

• Anonymous's picture

Is it just me or does it seem like she's singing through her nose ? :( awh man

• Anonymous's picture

Heard the song at the link indicated by bebo_pclover20 and it's nothing special. Same old, generic stuff and the way they have done a hatchet job on her voice is laughable...she sounds like a different person with a completely ordinary voice.

Thu, 2012-09-13 10:43 — bebo_pclover20
    bebo_pclover20's picture

------------------------------

Hey thanks! Not a clear video, but good enough. She doesn't sound anything like Priyanka Chopra! Sounds like some English speaking singer from the US!

• Anonymous's picture

she needs to wear clothes that dont highlight her massive shoulders

• That Girl Daily's picture

The song is incredible!!!! and she looks great! GO PC!!! So proud of you!!!

• Main-Sharabi's picture

she looks stunning! i just heard the single and its really nice!

pc <3

• Nabby H's picture

Haven't heard the song but hope it's good. She seems to have put quite the effort into it. Also, don't like the look. She looks better in lighter-coloured materials. Can't pin point but just looks odd here.

• lovePConly's picture

Hot!! Like never before. May god bless her. Wish for lots of success and stardom.

• Anonymous's picture

waiting to hear her sing in her fake ass American accent

• bebo_pclover20's picture

sooo beautifull.... <3

• bebo_pclover20's picture

For people who have missed the launch of the single, there is no online link available yet - I'm hoping Bollywood Hungama put one up soon because I have been searching for it desperately since I live in London. I'll try and update you if I see any link available to the launch.

• Anonymous's picture

i want to listen to the song...pv plz put it up soon!!

• Anonymous's picture

love her look over here...

awesome.....best PC...

• Poll

Your current favorite B-Town couple ?
    Ranveer-Deepika
    26%
    Ranbir-Katrina
    43%
    Virat-Anushka
    12%
    Aditya-Shraddha
    15%
    Arjun-Sonakshi
    Uday-Nargis
    Total votes: 12513

Top Movies

Who's online

There are currently 10 users and 5437 guests online.
    \n