ETC Bollywood Business Awards 2012 - Winners List
January 4, 2013 Bolly-Freak 208040 reads 18 comments
As we enter the 100th year of Indian cinema with a record 9 films hitting the 100 cr. mark in 2012, 3rd ETC Bollywood Business Awards are back to recognize the most profitable films at the Box-office.
At this year’s awards, Akshay Kumar and Sonakshi Sinha were recognized as the Highest Grossing Actors of 2012 for their contribution to the success of their respective films.
On receiving the award Sonakshi said ““It feels good when numbers talk and when numbers are appreciated because there are very few awards that actually give credit to the business side of it & ETC is doing a very good job with that.”
Katrina Kaif won the most profitable actress this year taking the title from Kareena who was the previous year’s winner in this category while Salman Khan retained the title of the Most Profitable Actor. The title of the Highest Grossing Film was taken by Ek Tha Tiger.
The other winners are mentioned below
• Best Cinema Chain of the Year-Big Cinemas
• Best Marketed Film of the Year-Ek Tha Tiger
• Most Successful Small Budget Film-Vicky Donor
• Box-Office Surprise of the Year-Kahaani
• Song of the Year-Chikni Chameli
• Most Popular Trailer-Jab Tak Hai Jaan
• Music Company of the Year-T-Series
• Most Successful Music Director-Sajid - Wajid
• Most Profitable Debut (Male)- Ayushmann Khurrana (Vicky Donor)
• Most Profitable Debut (Female)- Ileana D'cruz (Barfi!)
• Most Profitable Producer-Aditya Chopra
• Most Profitable Banner-Yash Raj Films
• Top Grossing Director-Kabir Khan
• Top Grosser of the Year-Ek Tha Tiger
ETC Bollywood Business Awards are held in high esteem in the industry because of its unique proposition of judging winners basis the commercial success of the films.
Anurag Bedi, Business Head, ETC, said, "Since 2010, ETC Bollywood Business Awards has been a unique awards show honouring not only the popular categories but also the teams which work behind the scenes to market and distribute them to make them a greater success.”