Who are the top 10 actresses of this generation in Bollywood?
This is just my opinion on who are the top 10 actresses of this generation today. Please share your thoughts.
With Actresses I mean "acting", someone with talent and intelligence. In my point of view -
1. Konkona Sen Sharma - first gained attention through the movie "Mr and Mrs Iyer" and received her National Film award for the Best Actress. Her apperance in the drama "Page 3" got her recognition from the audiences, later on did a lot of movies, where she was critically praised. She won Filmfare Best Supporting actress and second National Award for the movies "Life in a Metro" and "Omkara"
2. Kareena Kapoor - During her career, she has already won 6 Filmfare awards out of 9 nominations through her versatile and deep acting in movies like "Refugee", "Chameli", "Dev", "Jab We Met", "Kurban", "Omkara", "Hulchul", "Golmaal Returns", "3 Idiots", "We are Familly," "Body Guard," "Ra - One" and her upcoming hopefully big hit "Heroine"
3. Vidya Balan - Who could have done better than her in the wildness and craziness she presented in the movie "Bhool Bhulaiyan", the caring mother in "Paa," the beautiful and traditional beautiful woman in "Parineeta," the sister searching for justice in "No One killed Jessica," the bubbly woman in "Lage Rago Munna Bhai" and the sexy two - faced woman in "Ishqiya." Her acting made her famous with lots of awards and earning her recognition. We are just waiting for her next hit portraying Silk Smitha in "Dirty Picture" and her bravery to experiment out of the box.
4. Priyanka Chopra - Today's Zeenat Aman, the bold and sexy woman who "wears confidence" - Priyanka Chopra, the former Miss. World, started her career with the hit movie "Andaaz" and critically praised in "Aitraaz", as well as earning 2 Filmfare awards for these movies. Later on did super duper - duper doo hit movies like "Krissh", "Don", "Mujhse Shaadi Karogi" and "Fashion" - which earned her both "Filmfare" and "National Award" for the best actress. Not to forget her acting in "whats your rashee" and "7 khoon maaf" which really proved her talent.
5. Kangana Ranaut - This strong-headed, ambitious and independent woman started her career with "Gangster", earning her a Filmfare Award for the best debut. Later on critically praised in the movie "Life in a Metro" and winning both a Filmfare and National award for the Best Support Actress in "Fashion." Her acting in "Tanu Weds Manu" made her even more versatile, not to mention her other hit movies like "Raaz", and "Once Upon a time in Mumbai"
6. Anushka Sharma - This Yash Raj Sweet-heart started her career opposite "King Khan - Shahrukh Khan" in Rab Ne Bana di Jodi, which made her famous in the bollywood industry and later on casting opposite Shahid Kapoor in the hit movie "Badmash company" and debut actor Ranveer Singh in "Band Baaja Baraat" - helped her to win the award of the "Best Actress in a Lead Role" in Filmfare Awards. So fard did only 5 movies, but really proved to be a "STARLET" in every movie she did.
7. Asin Thottumkal - the Starlet of the Kollywood industry, started her career opposite the perfectionist Amir Khan in Ghajini, which won her the award of the best debut that year in Filmfare and IIFA, as well as getting the nomination for the "BEST ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE." Later on, though we could not see much of her, but in "Ready" she again proved her acting skills opposite Salman Khan.
8. Ayesha Takia - The "Complan Girl" started her career with the not - so successful movie Tarzaan, but got the award for the "Best Debut" that year in Filmfare. Later on did amazing job in the movies like "Dor", "8 x 10", "Paathshala," "Sunday" and "Wanted."
9. Genelia D'souza - gave hit movies like "Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na" and "Chance Pe Dance," though she could not prove much in Bollywood but definitiely won recognition in the South Indian Industry.
10. Prachi Desai - Some people might not agree with me in this, but coming from TV screen and then becoming succesful in the Big screen is not an easy job. Her first hit movie opposite Farhan Akhter is "Rock On", which gave her nomination for the "Best Debut" in Filmfare. Later on she did movies like "Once Upon a Time in Mumbai" opposite Emran Hashmi and the famous song "Pee Loon," which was critically praised and again got nominated for the "Best Supporting Actress" in Filmfare.
So, who in your point of view are the top 10 Best Actresses of this Generation in Bollywood? Please we are only referring to acting here. Further, I would like to add that I excluded actresses like Aishwarya Rai, Kajol and Rani Mukherjee, because though they still might rule but they have stepped into Bollywood a long time back and soon will fade away. I also skipped Sonakshi as she is just one movie old.