Latest Lehenga fashion
Lehenga colors : soft corals are in. Mauves, pinks, lights greens, peaches
Fish cut lehengas or mermaid styles are totally in. You can also opt for A line cuts.Heavy kundan work, sequins etc are part of any lehenga today.
The first picture is a mermaid cut lehenga. It is figure hugging till your knee creating the shape of a a mermaid or fish hence the name mermaid cut.
The second picture is of a A line lehenga. It is slightly figure hugging and not too fluffy like the tradional lehenga. This is the favorite cut amongst many girls these days.
Choose a lehenga cut that fits your body type.
* If you have broad shoulders Go for A-Line lehenga and not the fuller skirts. For choli, go for short, cap sleeves and sweetheart neckline. Stay away from off-the-shoulder cholis, short puff sleeve or halter necks to avoid focus on your shoulders. A really deep neckline in slightly darker shades will help in creating a slimmer look.Three quarter sleeves, deep but not wide necklines are what will suit you best.
* if you have broad hips, stay away from mermaid cuts and stick to A lines.Use soft fabrics. Have heavy work on the choli as this will draw attention away from your wide hips. have padded shoulders as this will balance your shoulders with hips.
* if you are busty, avoid having too much work on the choli as this will draw attention to your bust. Have small flowers or patterns on the choli
* if you are slim, you can choose any styles but A line or Mermaid cut would be my choice.
* if you are full figured, go for soft fabrics and have the same color for the choli and skirt preferably in dark color. this will make you look slim
*choose necklace in the color of the work. For ex for a light blue lehenga with silver work, choose a silver colored necklace.
* for a light blue lehenga with silver work, Choose bangles in color blue and silver and mix them when wearing.
*Make sure the zardosi work doesnt prick you when you wear. So check the inside of the lehenga
*make sure the work is well sewed into the fabric