Chandrayaan 2: Hina Khan, Surbhi Chandna, Parth Samthaan among others salute ISRO

Surbhi Chandna, Hina Khan, Parth Samthaan among others join everyone as India records history with Chandrayaan 2 launch.
Chandrayaan 2: Hina Khan, Surbhi Chandna, Parth Samthaan among others salute ISROChandrayaan 2: Hina Khan, Surbhi Chandna, Parth Samthaan among others salute ISRO
  • 0
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

It was a proud moment for India yesterday as ISRO’s Chandrayaan 2 made its orbit to moon late night. Though the fate and the status of Chandrayaan 2 moon lander Vikram is not known now, ISRO has deemed the mission 95% successful. "Only 5 percent of the mission has been lost — Vikram, the lander, and Pragyan, the rover. The remaining 95 percent, that is the Chandrayaan 2 orbiter, is orbiting the moon successfully," an official of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), told IANS. 

Chandrayaan 2 has a mission life of one year, the Orbiter can take many pictures of the moon and send it to the ISRO. This is indeed a huge achievement for India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi was at the research center yesterday to monitor the entire mission. Many Television celebrities including Surbhi Chandna, Hina Khan, Parth Samthaan tweeted and shared posts supporting the launch. Despite the mission not being a 100% success, Hina said that we will do better next time but this is a moment to cherish. 

Even Dipika Kakar, Karan V Grover among others shared posts urging fans to be a part of this historic moment. 

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by StarPlus (@starplus) on

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by StarPlus (@starplus) on

 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

A post shared by StarPlus (@starplus) on

The Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft had three segments — the Orbiter (weighing 2,379 kg, eight payloads), Vikram (1,471 kg, four payloads) and Pragyan (27 kg, two payloads). The Vikram separated from the Orbiter on September 2 and on July 22, the Chandrayaan-2, of around Rs 978 crore, was launched into the space by India's heavy lift rocket Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle-Mark III (GSLV Mk III). 

Add new comment