Amid EXO Chanyeol controversy; SM Ent to take legal action against those spreading rumours about their artists

Days after EXO member Chanyeol found himself in the middle of controversy, SM Entertainment released a statement announcing to take legal action against malicious comments and rumour spreaders.

SM Entertainment has announced to take legal actions against those spreading unverified rumours about their artist. The entertainment managing company houses a number of groups and individuals. This includes EXO, NCT, Red Velvet, Shinee and more. As reported by Koreaboo, SM released a statement to reveal that they have roped in 10 law firms and they will take strict action against malicious rumours and comments being posted online. "We have brought in over 10 law firms, some of which are the best firms in Korea, to take strong civil and criminal legal actions against all illegal acts," the statement read.

"Malicious rumours and defamation posts have been seen circulating on online communities, social networking sites, and portal sites, calling the need for stronger legal action," the agency added. They also added that their e-mail has been flooded with reports daily. They have confirmed and filed them after discussing with the artists. " We have confirmed and filed complaints from time to time after consulting with the artist. With the continuous stream of malicious comments being posted, we are still taking legal action against a number of cases based on our own monitoring, fan reports, and domestic and overseas platform and portal sites," they added.

SM ended their statement by assuring fans that they will continue to the artists' rights and work towards helping them grow. The move comes just days after EXO member Chanyeol was mired with controversy when an alleged ex-girlfriend accused the singer of cheating. The cheating controversy took an ugly turn when a morphed photo of the singer with BLACKPINK member Rosé went viral. Soon after, an Instagram post claiming to an acquaintance of the singer and fellow EXO member Baekhyun went viral defaming the singer in controversy. Baekhyun shut down the claims with a single tweet. As the controversy attempts to find a conclusion, SM Entertainment has announced to take legal actions against those spreading fake rumours.

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

ALSO READ: EXO's Chanyeol is accused of cheating on his ex girlfriend with over 10 girls; SM Entertainment RESPONDS

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here
Anonymous 1 month ago

Chanyeol Fighting!

Anonymous 1 month ago

Chanyeol is a really determined and a hardworking person. Where in the world would he get time to be that free to have girlfriends, when usually K-Pop idols are busy with their tight schedules. Spreading rumors is easy to do, but please know that you are crushing down an entire person's life out there. Idk whether you were given money to spread these rumors or something. Karma is there, it will hit on you any point of time. Chanyeol please know that, we, EXO -L's TRUST you. So, continue doing great work! Idk whether this rumor is false or true(most probably false), but in the end we only wish happiness to all.

Anonymous 2 months ago

We know that Aksu and Chanel are innocent. We fans are always with you, even if you make a mistake. Of course I know you do not do bad things. I love you. And I hope you are always happy and sing.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Exo is always good. Chanyeol, we know you are not to blame. All the exos are behind you and have air. All fans are always your fans

Anonymous 2 months ago

Chanyeol we are always with you and we fighting for you every moment that be hard for you ❤exo -l are standing with you anytime

Anonymous 3 months ago

At last. Don't worry Chanyeol, there are many exo-l who stand with you

Chanyeol we are with u.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Please stop spreading these kinds of false rumors. Don't worry chanyeol we exoL's are always with you

Anonymous 3 months ago

Chanyeol, we always support in all your difficulties and my dear chan move forward and find happiness to bow down that rumours... come on CHANYEOL, we can together fight and win...

Anonymous 3 months ago

I am glad that my CHANYEOL is not a such a bad guy and he will never become. And to those rumours, they are all false as well as we EXO L always cheer for our EXO and now especially for CHANYEOL, to move forward with all spirit, by removing all difficulties... Love you EXO... and also I am glad that truth is veiled up and stands up for MY CHANYEOL... thank god

Anonymous 3 months ago

chenyeol , army is also with you.

Anonymous 3 months ago

If chanyeol did cheat he deserves every single bit of whats coming for him. How hard is it for him to just publicly announce what the truth is.

It's a false rumor

Well said !! I'm so relieved to hear that ....Chanyeol we trust you Fighting

Anonymous 3 months ago

If you need to hire 10 law firms you are hiding the truth. What??? You guys think that these guys are different from guys around the world??? I can tell you are all delusional fans. Grow up and move on guys.

Anonymous 3 months ago

slander and defamation is always punishable under the law. especially in korean society when stuff like this can ruin your career

Get a life man

Anonymous 3 months ago

I hope chanyeol can overcome this stress and give his best smile to slap on those making useless rumours

Anonymous 3 months ago

It seems that this kind of act was done not only by an individual but a group of people who hated EXO. If I'm right about this then I pity those people trying to drag down the EXO. Instead on focusing to theirselves, they're just wasting their time. To antis of Chen, To toxic fans who misunderstood Baekhyun and To the Girl dreaming to be part of Chanyeol's Life, hope you have better life doing this kind of act and may God bless you all. But remember, the law of Karma.

Anonymous 3 months ago

I'm not a fan of Exo.I'm an Army.But what happened to him was so bad.I don't know how people can make fake stories like thus and then behave like they are the victim. When she said he was cheating on her with girl group members, broadcast DJs, dancers but that youtubers and that airhostess one caught me the most.That sound so fake.That stupid girl should be sued asap.

Anonymous 3 months ago

SM steps up...finally- thank you.

Anonymous 3 months ago

I hope this isn't just a statement or a show off but a real deed. Chanyeol went thrpugh a lot these past days because of that baseless post. Sam shouldve done this earlier since the Chen issue. No obe will break EXO and EXO Ls so shut up antis. Exo will forever be 9.

SM must protect artist Its good news Chanyeol Real exols love you all time

Anonymous 3 months ago

thanks a lot SM entertainment this is best ever news for fans

Anonymous 3 months ago

thanks to sm entertainment for taking action please punished the culprit behind this asap

Anonymous 3 months ago

Im Army but this hurts me alot I love exo it breaks my heart the members going through such hardships. Exo is one of Best groups i hope the person who caused the rumors s well as the people who joined all will get Nice punishment. and nothing can bring them down Coz it all FAKE. God please give Strength to overcome these issues ,Amen

Anonymous 3 months ago

Not my boys exo girl. Don't give that cheap controversy for people to believe you

Anonymous 3 months ago

Thank god sm is gonna take action finally!!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Seriously Korean fans are just too much just for this issue there petitioning for him to leave! Like are they children cause just because of something they want an artist who has been in the industry for so long to leave!!! I feel so sad for those artists. Korean fans need to grow up!! Have some little sense that these artists do have their private lives and we must respect that. Jeez. Really hope that exo stays as 9 forever!!!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Hope everything ends soon and goes to peaceful days

Anonymous 3 months ago

Let's trust the people we support and hope for their well being. Please don't use the artist for your creative play

Anonymous 3 months ago

In the recent days...two artist from same entertainment and being models for same brand are being targeted. Let's all look into this problem from every aspect,so that we can find the solution and prevent artist from getting hurt. Trust and hope is the thing that makes us survive the situation. let's trust the people we support and hope for their well being

Anonymous 3 months ago

Atlast, hearing good news. I hope everything go well, with him.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Yea finally SM did a great job. This should be a lesson to all those antis who tried to defame our chaneyol.We are one ✌

Anonymous 3 months ago

For the last couple of days, EXO-Ls flooded every post SM made on Instagram with #sm_protect_chanyeol Well, this resulted in what we see now...

Anonymous 3 months ago

I hope the person behind all of this gets in so much trouble. SM kick their butts and get justice for Park Chanyeol. Love you Chan stay strong your true fans are behind you 100%.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Well. Ain't this a bit fishy. SM just suddenly does this out of nowhere. It honestly makes the situation look fishy and true since SM is pulling this suddenly.

Get some life man.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Chanyeollie best boy he doesn't deserve this hatred

Anonymous 3 months ago

This is really great news....it is very important to safeguard artist reputation...and hence the company took the ownership...stay strong ...life is alm about ups and down...jus learn from your mistakes..stay blessed

Anonymous 3 months ago

It's pretty sad that this so called Ex thinks she has a right to air this situation! People tend to forget he's an entertainer who has worked his ass off to get where he is. They all have. That being said, it shouldn't be news unless he committed murder or broke some other law. That's news. What he does offstage is nobody's business! He's a grown unmarried hard-working and multi talented man and should enjoy life. Period. Is cheating cool, absolutely not but is it worth his career, not in any way shape or form. He's human and will make mistakes though you may not like what he does morally, it's not ok to personally attack him. I hate that fans/anti fans think they have the right to decide an entertainer's fate when it comes to their private lives! As it is it's extremely hard to live the life they do so that you & I can enjoy their talent their music and concerts. This is private and needs to be handled that way! An Exo fan, I definitely am!

Anonymous 3 months ago

I have always doubted myself regarding these things but now am so thankful someone thinks the same as me

Well said!!!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Well said. This has always been my opinion when artists are being attacked. Unless it is a serious crime that involves the needs of the authorities, the keyboard court needs to stay out of it. And maybe do some self reflection. Who on earth is/has living/lived a %100 perfect life? Absolutely no mistakes. The finger pointers? I doubt that.

Anonymous 3 months ago

I know that from the starting that Chanyeol is innocent and he is not involved into that girl. That pricky should get a nice beat from me and EXOls .And EXO is best ,people who are trying to spoil their reputation should know that they are simple haters who are sucked up by others success bloody fools. EXO FOREVER

Anonymous 3 months ago

Finally some good news we all know that chanyeol will never do such thing he's one of the most humble caring person, we've seen how he takes care of his members and how he cares for his fans as well. He's an angel he doesnt deserve to be harassed like this with this fake rumour and we believe him.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Oh my gosh what a relief. Now I'm sooo happy. Thanks god!! Thanks. SM I'm glad that you make right choice

Anonymous 3 months ago

Yes at least SM Ent taken a action on spreading rumors about on their artists. What a relief!! Thanks god!

Anonymous 3 months ago

I want sm to sue those people! Chanyeol went through a lot! We trust you chanyeol! Please be happy!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Thank goodness.. some good news atlast.. exo has gone through lot already... I never want them to break . Exo shall always be 9 memebers

Yes We are there for cheering you EXo