Anatomy of a KDrama Scene: When Son Ye Jin felt grateful on meeting Hyun Bin in a heartwarming scene from CLOY

Updated on Apr 29, 2021 07:41 PM IST  |  675.5K

Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin played lead roles in Crash Landing On You

Crash Landing On You is one of those dramas which is like comfort food! Once in a while, you crave for it and want a taste of it, not even the wholly, just a small bite of it. Some of my favourite scenes from Crash Landing On You aren't the big cinematic 'drama' sequences, but little moments and snippets that steal your heart. One of the cutest sequences of the drama comes early in episode 5 and surprise, an Indian film reference finds its way too!

In episode 5 of Crash Landing On You, Yoon Seri finds herself stranded in North Korea. Captain Ri Jeong Hyeok has taken the task upon himself of dropping her home safely. In one of the sequences, they are board a train to go to the passport office to issue Seri a passport so that she can fly back to South Korea. Their train journey comes to a standstill when the train stops due to a power cut.

As a result of this, Seri and Captain Ri find themselves under the night sky basking in the warmth of the bonfire and enjoying some local delicacies. In an emotional and heartwarming moment, the two protagonists begin talking with each other and sharing their life experiences. Seri refers to the Indian film, The Lunchbox and its famous quote, "Sometimes, the wrong train takes you to the right station." Seri's heart is slowly but steadily warming towards Ri Jeong Hyeok and the thought of parting ways with him is affecting her as much as it affecting him.

Crash Landing On You's underrated scenes are often overlooked for the big dramatic hug or kiss scenes, but I personally believe that it was this scene that bought them closer and their hearts grew fonder. It was Seri's paragliding experience going awry that landed her in front of the man she will eventually spend her rest of the life with, Captain Ri Jeong Hyeok. We are glad that this train derailed from its said course to land in each other's hearts!

ALSO READ: Crash Landing On You Rewind: Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin starrer gave a subtle nod to Irrfan Khan's The Lunchbox

How many times have you watched Crash Landing On You? Share your thoughts with Pinkvilla in the comments below.

Where can you watch Crash Landing On You?
Crash Landing On You is a 2019 romance drama starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin in lead roles. You can watch the drama on Netflix.

Comments
Anonymous : CLOY... the pandemic pill! Watched it many times & still watching...
REPLY 0 2 months ago
Anonymous : Can’t count anymore how many times I’ve watched this show that started me on Korean series! Will always be my favorite couple Captain Ri and Seri.
REPLY 0 2 months ago
Anonymous : I love love love this movie. I think the entire cast is awesome and the story line is intriguing. There are so many great scenes using the supporting cast members. The chemistry between the two leading stars is so believable.
REPLY 2 5 months ago
Anonymous : Watched 10 times. Bts almost everyday. I love Binjin they are match n heaven. ❤️
REPLY 1 5 months ago
Anonymous : Love it
REPLY 0 5 months ago
Anonymous : Hooked. Lost count of watching CLOY. More of Binjin please.
REPLY 4 5 months ago
Anonymous : Totally agree with you. It help to detress tooi! Such a masterpiece with unique love story. Really enjoyed the comical & hilarious scenes. It has increased popularity of kdramas worldwide with such superb production & versatile actors/actresses esp Son Ye Jin & Hyun Bin. Was never intetested in kdramas till CLOY. Had never heard of SYJ & HB until CLOY
REPLY 2 5 months ago
Anonymous : Likewise.. I've been following them too.. Both are great actors.. Praying for more projects to come. God bless them together
REPLY 3 5 months ago
Anonymous : Many times...i cant move on until now...im so happy seeing them together ....
REPLY 2 5 months ago
Anonymous : I don't recall how many times I have watched it. Despite that, I still get the same emotion or reaction as when I watched it the first time. It's so appealing to watch. I will not forget this drama because this introduced me to Kdrama.
REPLY 5 5 months ago
Anonymous : I watch it 5 x i Love the story...
REPLY 2 5 months ago
Anonymous : Can't count anymore. Everytime i'm watching it am still crying.
REPLY 5 5 months ago
Anonymous : Well said. I watched it many times and still do.
REPLY 4 5 months ago
Anonymous : We're from CA, USA. My sis is K-Drama fans. I'm not. When she told me to watch CLOY at Netfix. I laughed. I said, no way. But she insisted. She sd, just try. So 1 day I was bored, so I decided to give it a try. I'm telling you I started to watch it last December 2020 and until now I'm still watching it over and over again. Never get tired watching it. I fell in love with Sonyejin and Hyunbin. They're really a great actors. Perfect for each other in movies and real life. I told my friends and family, now theyre hooked on this couple too. We are from USA but we are followers of Sonyejin & Hyunbin. We even got more excited when we found out that they are couple in real life. Hope they will make more movies together. Beautiful couple.
REPLY 10 5 months ago
Anonymous : I love all the episod
REPLY 1 5 months ago
Anonymous : I watched CLOY like for numerous times and! the effect was still the same and I would never get bored watching it over and over again. It was absolutely and amazingly beautiful.
REPLY 5 5 months ago
Anonymous : Best of its kind! Crash landing on you. Kudos to all the actors and actresses therein and to the author and the director, cast and crew!
REPLY 4 5 months ago