BTS’ company BigHit gears up to take over Japan; new boy group scheduled to debut later this year

BigHit Entertainment will be debuting a new boy group including 5 I-LAND participants aimed at taking over the Japanese market.

BTS’ company BigHit Entertainment gears up to take over Japan; new boy group scheduled to debut later this year

Big Hit Japan, the Japanese subsidiary of Big Hit Entertainment, is starting their 'Big Hit Japan Global Debut Project', which aims to debut artists who will play an active part in the global expansion of BigHit Entertainment in Japan.

The 'BigHit Japan Global Debut Project' will be fully supported by a mentor group composed of experts in each field under the systematic development system of Big Hit Japan. Mentors include Bang Si-hyuk or Bang PD, chairman of BigHit Entertainment, music producer PDOGG, performance director Son Seong-deuk, performance director Inoue Sakura, and music producer and sound director Soma Genda. In addition, composer and music producer Ryosuke Imai and music producer UTA also joined as special advisors to add strength to the project.

The first group to debut under the 'BigHit Japan Global Debut Project' are K, NICHOLAS, EJ, KYUNGMIN, and Taki, all of whom were participants in BE:LIFT’s survival reality show I-LAND. The group that was formed from the winning contestants is I-LAND is known as ENHYPEN today. However, K, NICHOLAS, EJ, KYUNGMIN, and Taki were also incredibly loved by fans and they have successfully established a dedicated fanbase as well. As such, the conditions for their debut are ideal. Additional members who will be active as a group with them will be selected through an audition and the resulting complete group is scheduled to debut this year.

ALSO READ:BIGHIT's 2021 New Year's Eve Live Concert RECAP: An unforgettable night starring BTS, TXT, GFRIEND & more

What do you think of this new venture? Share your thoughts with Pinkvilla in the comments section below!

Anonymous 1 month ago

I'm internally screaming at baby taki apearance in this grp I'll support this group at all costs, beautiful idols, I'm gonna support you with all my heart, I found you guys k, taki, and everyone deserve to be in this position, not gonna lie bts is first and hope iland members will achieve a great neverlasting title, shooting for their debit name, baby taki awwwwwwww

Anonymous 2 months ago

You can't understand how sad and dissapointed I was that K didn't make it to the final Enhypen. I saw him being the best leader out there and to be the mom and the dad of the group. He is extremely talented and who watched the show, how his personality really is... eventhough he was portrayed as the bad guy, thanks to the way m et decided to show us. I'm super happy to see these guys finally having the chance to debut. I'm all here for it. But I still hope they will do not only Japanese music. Everyone loves them. And most importantly let's not forget how many INTERNATIONAL fans were voting during the show.

Anonymous 2 months ago

As a fan of the Iland show and being a huge fan of the ENHYPEN group! I was really disappointed that K , Taki , EJ and Nicholas didn’t make the cut at the time! So this really thrills me and I can’t wait to hear them! That being said I also Army and BTS will always be number 1. Loving other groups does not take away from my support of them!! I live in the USA and all these groups are my favorite we don’t have a and never have had groups as amazing as these boys are !! Congratulations!!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Omg can you people stop talking about BTS? I’m an army and I get that you love them and you want them to be number one forever but you have to face reality. They aren’t gonna be around forever and they aren’t the only group in the industry. Neither were they the first. There were many before and after they debuted. Also this article has absolutely nothing to do with them. With that being said, eggies lets continue to support our I-LAND boys as well as the soon to be new members.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Maybe they are trying to get a band. As back up? Doesn't bts have another 4 yr contract with bighits? Then the guys would have to take a break to do there military service and that's approx 18months? I agree BTS 7 should always stay together, even if they get hitched, they should still sing as a group with there moves.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Im a fan...good luck guys....about time for K and the others to get their chance.....Im ready to see them perform.....

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yayyyyy, we lovin itttt!!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Grow up. People act like they own these groups. We don't they are there to perform a d that's all.

Personally,I think BTS is the best and will be always the best. Me an ARMY

Anonymous 2 months ago

As an army i think you're being incredibly rude and inconsiderate by bringing up a group that isn't related to the post, instead you should be supporting this group or keeping your irrelevant opinion to your self ty

Anonymous 2 months ago

No one cares about your opinion. If you don’t like them then there is no need to comment. BTS is going to disband one day unfortunately, they need other groups to keep their name and legacy.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Hey why you guys leaft Nicholas in that picture

Anonymous 2 months ago

Great News! We need more up and coming groups! For you fans saying No No No because of BTS, You need to stop and remember that BTS will not be around forever....they will before long go on to have their own lives and families ..They deserve that and true fans will support that when the time comes...

Anonymous 2 months ago

Good going big hit Wannabe a biiiiiiigggg hiiiitttt in Japan too Make sure the group members are handsome

Yaah! Very nice member & big fan of you all

Yaah! Very nice member & big fan of you all

Anonymous 2 months ago

Im so happy that my favourite i land participants are going to get a chance to debut

No no no not Atall BTS IS THE BEST AND WILL ONLY BE THE BEST

Anonymous 2 months ago

Toxic, true ARMY's could never.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Come on stop hating on other groups BTS is best but other groups also need to be shown up in kpop but they are evolving as jpop but they will soon dominate the whole world. Eggies fighting

You need to grow up.

Anonymous 2 months ago

girl BTS isn't the only good group. This isn't to replace. BTS, it's an opening for others to show their talents and charms. smh..

Anonymous 2 months ago

Wtf are u talking about?

Anonymous 2 months ago

Wow...that isn't a good mindset...

Anonymous 2 months ago

They aren’t replacing BTS. When bangtan debuted no one supported them and now most of them regret it. Who knows they’ll be the 4th gen superstars.! If you’ve watched I-LAND then I guess you must know how great these guys are. Taki and K in Flickr, the chemistry test blew everyone’s mind. Please be a bit broad minded.

Anonymous 2 months ago

BTS will not be around forever! I Love BTS but it's time to expand and let other up and coming groups in as well....

Anonymous 2 months ago

stop. BTS isn’t the only group in the world.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I agree BTS are the BEST.

Anonymous 2 months ago

well, this is very great....keep it up!