BTS Song Blue & Grey: NIve reveals V's initial brief about the emotional track; Shares biggest CHALLENGE

BTS released the song Blue & Grey as part of their new album BE. Producer and artist NIve, who co-wrote and co-produced the track, spills the beans about the song.

Over the weekend, BTS fans were treated to a number of new songs via their album BE. One of those songs was Blue & Grey. The track featured vocals of all the members - RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook - and had producer and artist NIve work with Taehyung on the track. The song's lyrics revolve around the theme of depression. Recalling his work with the South Korean singer, NIve revealed that he and TaeTae came together with the hope to pen a great song together. Eventually, they found their way to Blue & Grey.

According to Koreaboo, NIve revealed that the Winter Bear crooner reached out to him with the theme of "gloominess" in his mind. "The gloominess V was suggesting was not just about being gloomy and depressed but rather about finding hope and comfort even through the gloom," the artist said. With the concept in place, the duo discussed attempted to explore ways in which the track could be more abstract. They navigated through colours that could express the idea of the song. He added that they hand the colour combination "black and white" and "blue and grey" in mind. The monochrome colour felt like a common expression, thus they chose blue and grey.

Once the theme was in place, NIve recalled the biggest challenged faced during the song making processes was to describe it using sound. NIve was particular about the first instrument sound that would feature in the first part of the song. The artist said he wanted to pick an instrument which would portray the overall mood of the song. “I wanted to use something with a clear but raw sound, so I decided it would be best to start with plug-in/virtual instruments and play them with a keyboard," he said.

The singer also spoke about the usage of the sound of a heartbeat in the song for it feels comforting. "It’s like you know it’s there, but it doesn’t stick out in the song. With its presence, I’d like to think that it helps the song feel much more comforting," he said.

Have you heard Blue & Grey yet? If yes, let us know what you thought of the song in the comments below.

ALSO READ: Remember BTS' V and NIve's Stay At Home Challenge video? Latter REVEALS deets of impromptu songwriting battle

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here
Anonymous 2 months ago

The song Blue and Grey is very beautiful and go felt. You every emotion in every note. I"m it help him to over come his depression. He is a beautiful soul and very talented. It would be a shame if he lets everything consume you. You are a very amazing young man. I very much enjoy listening to you and BTS and watching you. You up oung man are to he wave of the future .

Anonymous 2 months ago

I thought the song was great. I hope that people realize it doesn't matter how old you are, what you ethnicity is or even your health a person can still suffer from depression. As popular as BTS is and as happy as we all are that they exist we should also realize their not gods...the humans that endure another. They have a hard time just walking in an airport, eating at a restaurant and just going shopping in a store. It's crazy and can be extremely depressing its as if their rights have been taken from them. So please show them respect and give them some space to expand themselves.

Anonymous 2 months ago

In my loop indefinitely...

Anonymous 2 months ago

It is now my favourite song, I get goose bumps as I listen to it and I have listened to it over 30x now. It perfectly describes how I feel and brings me comfort that my favourite group in the world has had the same feelings. Their music and their being have made a huge impact in my life. Thank you BTS !

Anonymous 2 months ago

V is super intelligent!!! Love u

V ...is a mastermind and "blue&grey " is a masterpiece

Anonymous 2 months ago

I’m not at all surprised with the beauty and depth of Blue and Grey. V has shown his artistry and unique voice with songs like Winter Bear. I think he’s sometimes underestimated because he’s visually stunning and such a charismatic performer but he is truly the real deal and yet a chameleon.

Anonymous 2 months ago

V is the mastermind of Blue and Grey.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Blue & Grey is my lullaby. Top track for me in the entire album. Poignant and hauntingly beautiful. V did great and the members made it so so beautiful, Jin's voice in this track makes me cry, the emotions he evokes in it. V, of course, is a master.

Anonymous 2 months ago

V's songs are always special and heartful. His voice is so healing. Looking forward to his next songs ❤️

Anonymous 2 months ago

V aka Kim taehyung is the VISUAL DIRECTOR, SONGWRITER, COMPOSER,PHOTOGRAPHER PRODUCER, VOCALIST of the album BE !!!! The song BLUE AND GREY was written by him originally in english for his mixtape but when the members said to add it in the album BE he translated the lyrics to Korean Hats off to his hard work and hats off to the wonderful person he is ! #KimTaehyung #BTSV #TAEHYUNG #V

Anonymous 2 months ago

Like yes!! I love the whole album so much