'Crash Landing on You’ bags the Grand Prize at the 2021 Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards

Updated on Sep 13, 2021 11:43 PM IST  |  316.1K

The official poster of 'Crash Landing On You' (Pic credit - tvN drama)

Good news from K-drama land! On September 13, Korean media outlet Sports club reported that 'Crash Landing on You,' starring real-life couple Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, won the Grand Prize at the recent 2021 Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards.

For those unversed, The Korea Communications Commission Broadcasting Awards is an annual ceremony to commemorate the excellent programs produced by various broadcasting companies, may it be in series, variety shows, and more.

A heartbreakingly beautiful cross-border romance between a North Korean soldier Captain Ri (Hyun Bin) and the rich South Korean heiress Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin) and how they cross various hurdles to be with each other. The series enjoyed a successful run throughout its runtime and amassed massive love and appreciation from fans across the world, with people raving about the beautiful love story, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin's chemistry, Kim Jung Hyun and So Ji Hye, the terrific supporting cast and the lovely OST of the drama! It is easily one of the most popular K-dramas in recent years and this prestigious win solidifies the strong branding of Korean entertainment.

Meanwhile, Son Ye Jin will be starring in the upcoming drama 'Thirty Nine', along with Yeo Woo Jin, Jeon Mi Do. It is said to premiere in 2022. Hyun Bin will be starring in the much-anticipated sequel, 'Confidential Assignment 2.' Congratulations to team 'Crash Landing On You'.

Join the biggest community of K-Pop fans live on Pinkvilla Rooms to get one step closer to your favourite K-Celebs! Click here to join.

ALSO READ: Kdrama Deep Dive: How accurate is Crash Landing On You in its portrayal of North Korea?

Did you watch 'Crash Landing On You'? Share your thoughts with Pinkvilla in the comments below.

Comments
Anonymous : One of the best i am still watching it
REPLY 0 2 days ago
Anonymous : Crash landing on you is the best Kdrama I've ever watched. I watch it over and over without getting bored. CLOY Deserved win the Award ❤❤❤
REPLY 1 3 days ago
Anonymous : This series had a lovely story and the acting was great.a few negatives were some poor continuity and amateurish wounds. That said I'd recommend CLOY to anyone who loves romance, drama and comedy.
REPLY 1 4 days ago
Anonymous : Hope their is crash lading on you season 2
REPLY 0 4 days ago
Anonymous : Pls CLOY PART 2
Anonymous : Ive watched it for the 10th time and never got tired of it
Anonymous : Dramma stupendo
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : Congratulations. Really love both Hyun Bin & Son Ye Jin the best couple in the world. Pls get marry soon. And waiting CLOY Part 2 or another drama from both of them
Anonymous : Well deserved CLOY❤❤❤
REPLY 1 5 days ago
Anonymous : VMaravilhosa essa série já assisti 10 vezes
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : This is my all time favorite Kdrama with a perfect cast and script!! I am watching it again for the 6 th time it always gives the same joy !❤️❤️
Anonymous : Good show,liked it a lot
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : I really loved this Korean series. After two years of watching Korean series and discovering a whole new world of artists and culture. I have learned so much about that phenomenal country. I admire the creativity and hard work of the people involved, specially the script writer and the production crew. The subjects are so well developed and the actors are so talented. I am a Canadian fan fascinated with this culture and eager to learn more about it. Thank you for sharing your talents. Again admiration and love go to these two beautiful actors:Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : Congratulations to the CLOY writer, directors and support staff, and of course to all its actors and actresses which amazingly give life to the story esp its lead stars our beloved BinJin couple♥️♥️♥️
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : Congratulations to CLO writer, directors and staff. It is a well made drama production. Its kead stars, Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin made it
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : Thank you to CLOY whichnis the theraphy in my loneliness after the lost of my loved one. Hyun bin and so ten jin made me feel better everytime i watch them together. Wishing both of you more happiness. May God grant the desire of your heart. I love you BINJIN.
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : I am a retired teacher 70 years of age but my heart fluttered when i watched CLOY .it gave the feeling of being young and free from stress in the midst of covid pandemic. I still watch it for the nth time❤❤❤
REPLY 2 5 days ago
Anonymous : Warching CLOY marked the beginning of my love for binjin couple and Kdrama
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : Without any doubt I can say that this drama is one among the best dramas South Korea has ever produced and it's gonna remain in the top list for a long long time.
REPLY 2 5 days ago
Anonymous : I watched this drama several times. Loved it. My friends also loved it. They deserved the award!
REPLY 1 5 days ago
Anonymous : Yes I fall in love with this kdrama and my first one to watch a kdrama I love it and keep watching iit again znd again
REPLY 1 5 days ago
Anonymous : My first and favorite Korean show. I am now a super fan. CLOY has been watched many times and will be again.
REPLY 0 6 days ago
Anonymous : Same here. CLOY is an excellent kdrama. Love love love
Anonymous : Same here my first Kdrama & i loved it. I watched it many times
REPLY 0 5 days ago
Anonymous : Assi 4 vezes , amei!!!!!!!
REPLY 0 6 days ago
Anonymous : très belle serie
REPLY 0 6 days ago
Anonymous : Wonderful drama. I loved the actors.
REPLY 0 6 days ago
Anonymous : I loved this K drama. Watched it more than 10 times
REPLY 0 6 days ago
Anonymous : Absolutely amazing drama from starting to end with the great support cast and the scenes from both side were lovely couldn't describe the feeling of watching this drama coz it's so surreal and breathtaking would definitely want season 2...
REPLY 0 6 days ago