Dear Eonni: An Indian fan thanks MAMAMOO for inspiring her to dance; Says she's proud of Hwasa for THIS reason

7 months ago  |  1.8M

MAMAMOO has had a memorable year. While new music was added to their discography, they also shined bright at the Mnet Asian Music Awards 2020. The group picked up Best Vocal Performance – Group and ranked among the Worldwide Fans’ Choice Top 10. As we prepare for 2021, a fan from India reached out to the members of the group via our Dear Eonni open letter series to thank them for constantly inspiring and motivating her. She confessed that the group boosted her confidence.

Read the whole letter below:

Dear Eonnis,

Hi, I am Gauri, I am from India. You have been my inspiration since the day I got into the K-pop fandoms. I noticed you when I saw a video of a boy group's reaction to MAMAMOO. I didn't care about the reaction, but your performance. It was just outstanding and the confidence and boldness you had motivated and inspired me. I was just a normal girl or a very traditional girl... I got a lot of confidence after getting to know MAMAMOO. It is just amazing to Stan you Eonnis.

The next thing I appreciate and I am proud is the where HWASA Eonni just spits on the controversy made by "Haters". And also the hardships between the members inspire.

The other thing I started doing because of MAMAMOO is Dancing. I started dancing because of them. Their gorgeous and attractive dance moves in Egotistic, Hip and Gogobebe are just Something else!

The music is also mind healing... For example, Starry Night

Last but not least, your personality... I am just in love with you Eonnis

Thank you for motivating and inspiring people

Thank you Pinkvilla for making a very nice space for fans to speak about their idols

Love Gauri

Want to let out in words, your undying fondness for your favourite K-drama and K-pop stars? Email your open letter to: editorial@pinkvilla.com, mentioning your full name and country. The opportunity is open to readers from across the globe.

Disclaimer: This is user-generated content. The views and opinions expressed in this letter are those of the author.

ALSO READ: Dear Eonni: A ONCE from India thinks TWICE leader Jihyo's face is more beautiful than the moon

Comments
Anonymous : What do you mean about that hwasa and mamamoo that's their body they can wear anything they can okay
REPLY 5 6 months ago
Anonymous : Yaya u get more like and reply
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : She clearly has a selfish side
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : Ydk her she is so selfless and brave and caring she wrote letters to people wanting to commit suctions she apologized for her mistake San flew rbw praises her faves dua told u stfu dislikes U asked for u got read replies 2 u ur not approved reporting
REPLY 1 6 months ago
Anonymous : She’s it girl for a reason she dress good koreans and fans say she’s down to earth she came from peverty skit shaker assumed she clearly is selfish where stream selfish anywa Chile lemme guess u think yk her bc of her astrology sign? Research her not that
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : I'm sorry,but i really hate hwasa i don't know why..i hate her dressing sense+ she sings nicely on the recording but wghen it comes ti stage she simply acts like she is singing..i really hate that b*tch
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : Mamamoo can’t lip sync for shit and they only sing live with very low backing track. Either way most kpop groups are unstable and lip sync or lip sync some lines. And western too tho they don’t dance, mmm went from easy to hard dances check their Mr removes u have dislikes this so unrelated
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : That’s a stupid reason idiot and that’s slut shaming you can be reported for that also Stu every kpop idol and western and Bollywood dresses way worse she wears one revealing outfit one
REPLY 0 6 months ago