Has the breakup with Ranbir helped Katrina professionally?

Updated on Sep 13, 2016   |  04:19 PM IST  |  1.4M
NULL

In recent times, when you think of Katrina Kaif you think of 2 things; abs and Ranbir Kapoor! The Baar Baar Dekho actor made headlines more for her relationship status than her professional career. But wait, lately we have seen her entire new avatar. When it came to  the promotions of her latest release Baar Baar Dekho, the actor was out and out focused on her film. As soon as the song Kala Chasma hit the floors, everyone was just talking about Katrina!

Her film released on Friday (September 9) and going by the reviews, Katrina stole the entire show and critics did praise her for her acting skills (and not just for her abs). Would it be right saying that her breakup with Ranbir is the best thing which happened to her? Maybe.

She entered mainstream Bollywood with Salman Khan's Maine Pyaar Kyun Kiya. A complete outsider, who couldn't even speak a proper sentence in Hindi made it HUGE in Bollywood. Not only did the film do well at the box office, thanks to the strong fan base of Salman Khan, but their rumoured affair also suddenly made her the talk of the town. After the 2005 film, this Bollywood diva went on to deliver many hit films and every director wanted to cast her in their movies.

But what happened then? Cut to her 2009 film Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani with ex Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina was not anymore the most-talked-about diva of Bollywood. Well, this was the time when the rumours of her dating the Tamasha actor started doing the rounds and Salman went way from the picture. Things went downhill from that moment itself. Even though Katrina's Bang Bang and Dhoom 3 were smashing hits, all the conversations started happening more about her relationship than her work.

Katrina never wanted to talk about her relationship with Ranbir, but there was nothing she could do about it! The Ek Tha Tiger actor was not at the best of her career phase and then the breakup happened. She was again the part of all the major gossip columns not for her films but for Ranbir. Katrina's film Fitoor tanked at the box office and people couldn't stop speculating about the reasons of the box office failure. Critics went on to say that she was all blank and had no expressions and she couldn't carry off the role well. There was a certain kind of fatigue and she also seemed a little less interested in her work (or so to say, her interviews would suggest that way).

And then Nitya Mehra's Baar Baar Dekho was announced and we see Katrina going all out for the promotions. Can we say that it was her co-star Sidharth Malhotra's energy which got in such a transformation? Well, it felt like it, because the Dhoom 3 actor was travelling cities for the film, was a part of many funny dubsmash videos, and didn't even avoid the paparazzi. Moreover, Katrina also didn't have any issue talking about her abs in the film and her breakup with Ranbir, which kept her in the spotlight all this while!

Where's that attitude coming from? Is this Katrina's way of coming out of her breakup with Ranbir Kapoor? Has she completely moved on? Well, this only our Bollywood diva knows!

About The Author

Journalist. Perennially hungry for entertainment. Carefully listens to everything that start with "so, last night...". C... Read more

Advertisement

For the latest Bollywood news, Telugu news, entertainment exclusives, gossip, movie reviews, and more, follow the Pinkvilla website and YouTube channel, or head to our social media platforms like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram!

Top Comments
There are no comments in this article yet. Be first to post one!
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
She needs either Rk or salu to be no1 again by her self no chance.
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
Lol another paid article. Shes over.she cant act. She need to go back to salman lol.stop this nonsene .
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
Ab bus bhi karo!!
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
Just watched, Love the movie. Indian have no brain or dignity. Not to say very low mentality and taste. That is what they said about Kites. I loved that movie too. Critics in India are someone's wife, brother, nephew, relative or openly paid to give good/bad reviews like KRK.
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
I love u ranbir please find a suitable beautiful,women for yourself I don't hate Kat if thy are together I'm happy if thy not it don't bother me I'm a fan of rk not Kat one thing for sure he is more focuses career wise now which will pay off
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
It is not the break up or link up. It is just people are finally tired/ bored of watching the same NRI / Foreign act / hot body / dancing over and over again . She has nothing to offer in terms of acting potential . It happens with every heroine , public likes new faces after a few years .
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
This article is inaccurate. Kat and Ranbir met in 2009. She had her career's biggest hits after that. Rajneeti, Ek Tha tiger, Jab Tak Hai Jaan, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. Even had Chikni Chameli and Sheila during that time. Shit hit the fan end of 2013. Jagga got delayed, Dhoom 3 guest appearance etc. And other actresses raced ahead.
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
Dhoom 3 and Bang Bang was a hit m t because of Kat rina, it's because of bigstars like Amir Khan and Hritik. I would like to challenge Katrina if she can give a hit movie and run the show on her own like Vidya Balan,Kangana,PC
Anonymous
Sep 13, 2016
Lol she got 3 flops in raw (phantom, fittor,bbd) how breakip helped her?!!! And i will agree with Joe Perry , wrong selection of rules and harsh criticism about her acting skills made her in downfall path.
Anonymous
Sep 12, 2016
No......if she did well or not, it's got nothing to do the breakup! So stop it! Maybe she's finally coming into her own now. I would like to see how she fares after bbd and yes if u just stop talking about their relationship for once, this breakup might not have happened in the first place coz we r all humans and no matter wht we say, external factors can affect you and your relationship in a lot of ways. And being celebrity is even more hard not to. But maybe some people here are too young to understand tht or are just being judgemental coz they can. Anyway, hope she bounce back and get good scripts tht can get the best of her.