5 promising debut actors who came and conquered Bollywood in 2016

NULL
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Putting the best of Bollywood together towards the end of the year isn’t that easy especially when you have a bunch of power-packed performances to choose from.

Needless to say that 2016 was a great year for B-Town with all the industry people working together to put up a great show. And now that 2017 is around the corner, let us have a look back at the most prominent work by debut actors during the year.

1.Harshvardhan Kapoor

Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra launched Harshvardhan with his fantasy romantic thriller Mirzya. Based on Punjabi folklore of Mirza Sahiban, Harsh, as he is often addressed by his family and friends, portrayed the character of Adil, a horse groomsman who falls in love with his childhood friend and princess, Suchitra ( Saiyami Kher) in the film.

And while the film itself couldn’t impress the audience, the 26-year-old cemented his position in the industry and has even won the Best Debut Actor of the Year at several award functions.

Talking about his next project, Harsh will be next seen in Vikramaditya Motwane’s Bhavesh Joshi.

2.Diljit Dosanjh

Diljit, as we know, is already a superstar in the Punjabi movie world and music industry. However, the 32-year-old took the B-town by storm with his debut Hindi film, Udta Punjab.

Diljit played the role of a class two policeman Sartaj Singh in the crime-drama film and was one of the key characters in the flick. Having got the opportunity to work with the A-listers like Shahid, Alia, and Kareena in his very first Bollywood film, the actor got much recognition and fame for his brilliant performance and totally deserves to be on the list.

While the actor continues to be a part of Punjabi film industry, he will be next seen in Phillauri opposite Anushka Sharma. Helmed by Anshai Lal, the movie will hit the silver screen on March 24.

3.Harshvardhan Rane

The handsome hunk from Tollywood made his debut in the Hindi film industry with Pakistani actress Mawra Hocane in Sanam Teri Kasam. Harshvardhan portrayed the role of a successful lawyer Inder Lal Parihaar in the romance drama and melted our hearts with his raw and intense looks.

While the movie itself didn’t fare as well, the 33-year-old has definitely become a thing overseas and was recently in news to have been offered a Russian film. Talking about it, he had said, “I am right now very happy about the fact that I have been offered a Russian film… I have to sit down with my team and discuss it as it is a big step. I am just happy right now. It is not a decision I can take just like that and without thinking.”

4.Gautam Gulati

The Bigg Boss fame Gautam Gulati made his debut appearance on big screen with Tony D’Souza’s Azhar. The 29-year-old played a senior cricketer turned commentator named Ravish in the movie, which instantly opened the doors of the film industry for him.

While no official announcement has been made as of yet, Gautam is in talks with various filmmakers and will soon be back with another power-packed performance

5.Aparshakti Khurrana

The RJ and VJ turned actor made his big screen debut in 2016 with Sanjeev Sharma’s Saat Uchakkey. However, he got the much-needed appreciation with Nitesh Tiwari’s Dangal.

Aparshakti, who is also a younger bro of Ayushmann Khurranna, was the narrator-nephew and punching bag Omkara in the movie. And though the biopic completely focussed on Aamir and his two off-screen daughters, Aparshakti successfully made his presence felt and how!

Talking about the journey ahead, the actor hasn’t signed a movie as of yet, but soon will be seen doing a cricket show on Star Sports.

"Stay in sync with the latest and hottest" & "SUBSCRIBE TO PINKVILLA"

Comments

Diljit and Harshvardan Rane are much better than Harshvardhan Kapoor.

LOVE, love, love Harsha Rane.

Harshvardhan Rane is the best actor by far! Sanam Teri Kasam is a huge hit abroad and missed the release in India. A great performance and waiting for future films!

Watch H rane debut film...it really made me cry.... Wasnt expectin the ending... Nice movie

Harshvardhan rane the best debutant he was so good in the movie i love sanam teri kasam

Diljit is the only one who can act. I hope he does well in Hindi films and continues to be successful in Punjabi cinema.

None of them conquered Bollywood as Hrithik Roshan did with 'Kaho na Pyar Hai'.

It's Diljit all the way

Sorry but I haven't seen Sanam Teri Kasam, so can't comment on HR, but Diljit was amazing in UP. Second to that I would have to say was Aparshakti Khurrana, who found was on point in Dangal.

Although there are a few good actors on this list, Harshvardhan Rane is the best of this group IMO. He was excellent in Sanam Teri Kasam. Hope to see him in more Bollywood films in 2017.

Harshvardhan Rane was so good in sanam teri kasam. I love him

All rubbish with the exception of Diljit.

Hahaha even be4 opening this article i knew who would be front and centre.. pipe down the pr train dude.. he's below average in every way besides thw pr activity department
No way was he better or wven half as good DD
The only talented Harshvaedhan in this list goes by the last name Rane

Harsh is a good actorjust needs to improve and keep working hard

I Love Harshvardhan Rane. He was amazing in sanam teri kasam

Add new comment

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement