5 Filmy breakup scenes that will be etched in our minds forever

From Tamasha to Kabhi Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna, here are 5 iconic break-up scenes in movies.
NULL
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

While love is all around us, what follows it, unfortunately, is heartbreak. The concept of breaking up has now become more frequent than actually falling in love. 

Today's generation sees breakups in different stages. While some go through rage and anger, others have an emotional fallout. The reasons for a breakup can vary but ultimately they add a part to the person's personality. 

In movies, while love is celebrated in a grandeur fashion, breakups too have got their fair share of spotlight - some of them have even left a lasting impression on us and may have even inspired us to let go off that someone more easily. 

Here are 5 breakup scenes from movies that have now become iconic: 

"Tum saath ho ya na ho, kya fark hai? Bedard thi zindagi, bedard hai."

Possibly one of the best breakup scenes to be filmed in Tamasha, Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone broke barriers and the scene felt way too real as you could empathise with both the characters. What started with Tara trying to apologise to Ved ultimately led to a struggle between the duo as he used his sarcasm to let go while she refused to. With the song Tum Saath Ho in the backdrop, you can't help but cry your eyes out for them.

2. Kareena Kapoor Khan and Tarun Arora (Jab We Met)

"Tujhe kya lagaa ke tu mujhe chhod dega toh mein zindagi bar tadapti rahungi? Tadpega tu kaminey!"

Kareena Kapoor Khan as Geet in Jab We Met won our hearts with her fun personality which was crushed by her love Anshuman (Tarun Arora) when he broke up with her and with that Geet completely changed. It took Shahid Kapoor's character Aditya to convince her to call Anshuman and give it back to him. What followed were some old fashioned Hindi abuses that are sure to make you laugh out loud and will also make you happy that she finally got over him. 

3. Kangana Ranaut and Rajkummar Rao (Queen)

"Thank you." 

Queen is basically the journey of how to overcome a breakup after dating for many years. After the song Kinare which shows Rani (Kangana Ranaut) in a new light, she is seen going to Vijay's (Rajkummar Rao) house. While one would assume, just like Vijay that they would get back together, we all clapped along when Rani gave Vijay the engagement ring back, hugged and thanked him while making her way out of his house with a smile on her face.

4. Saif Ali Khan and Suchitra Pillai (Dil Chahta Hai)

"Hi Priya! Haan main...magar wo...suno to...tumne toh, lekin main...kabse kya...Main Aakash ke yahaan...Hello?"

Saif Ali Khan's career went on another tangent when he starred as Sameer in Dil Chahta Hai. A hilarious scene that is etched in the minds of the moviegoers is the phone call between Sameer and Priya where he is not even able to finish his sentences and ultimately she breaks up with him. Breakup was given a hilarious take in this laugh out loud scene. 

5. Abhishek Bachchan and Rani Mukerji (Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna)

"Mera saath kyun kiya aise Maya? Maine tumse kitna pyaar kiya, khud se bhi zyaada, zindagi se bhi zyaada. Lekin phir bhi tumhare liye kam padh gaya."

When Maya (Rani Mukerji) reveals to her husband Rishi (Abhishek) that she slept with Dev (Shah Rukh Khan), what followed was a breakup scene for the ages. It started with anger and Rishi yelling and breaking stuff. It then headed to an emotional confrontation where Rishi asks Maya why she did this to him. Ultimately he breaks things off with her and we can't help but feel bad for him.

These were some of the iconic breakup scenes that we loved? Which is your favourite? Let us know in the comments below.

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here

Comments

Rani was the best in KANK!!

Abhishek's character and acting was so powerful in KANK that Rani leaving him for SRK (weak role and bad acting) made no sense. Love JWM scene...it's iconic as it gets :)

Abhishek was the best thing in KANK. It is his best performance and that scene was iconic.

Kareena's dialogues in JWM, it still makes me laugh

That scene from KANK is etched in my memory as the best ever. I have been in those shoes and I felt like Abhi managed to take me right back there, I had to walk out of the theatre to regain composure after that scene. That is the only time I have ever had that happen to me.

deepi cried her heart out in agar tum saat ho.. the thought of having missed the chance of being mrs kapoor made her sob her heart out rofl

That scene from Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna was the best part of the movie. I loved how raw and how real the performances by Abhishek and Rani were!

I feel so bad for Abhishek Bachchan, hd is such a fine actor he is not getting a good break..

you're right. He is amazing in such genres and those like like guru, bunty aur bubli, KANK, and characters where he plays a darker role. He just needs to focus on his image, groom himself etc. I mean look at the older actors before him, they, regardless of being in their 50s groom and keep up with their bodies. He is an actor and he needs to accept the fact that visuals is the first thing he delivers above all.

I think he should be an assistant make up artist

he did get GOOD movies HE just DOES NOT have star quality and he is UNNATRACTIVE

this is very true
I saw bits and pieces of TERA JADU CHAL GAYA ..OMG..i laughed at how GOOFY
he appeared..especially when he ran ..hahahah
what a TOOL!

Add new comment

close

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement