It's been 15 years since Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Devdas starring Shah Rukh Khan, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Madhuri Dixit-Nene released and the sheer cinematic brilliance of the movie continues to resonate with the fans. Shot grandeur, the movie's poetic dialogues, and heart-wrenching storyline tug at the heartstrings even today.
Based on the 1917 Sharat Chandra Chattopadhyay novel Devdas, the love saga revolves around Devdas Mukherjee (SRK), who turns to alcohol after his family forbids him from marrying Paro, (Aishwarya Rai Bachchan) and finds refuge with a prostitute Chandramukhi (Madhuri Dixit Nene).
Even as the love saga turns 15, its memories are fresh in our minds.
Ever wondered, what went into making this cult movie? Well, these behind-the-scenes pictures from the set are a testimony to the chemistry between SLB and his lead actors.
Here's a look at some rare behind-the-scenes pictures from Devdas's sets.
1. Remember the iconic scene when Chandramukhi playfully splashes water on Devdas? Here is SLB directing the two.
2. That epic confession by Dev to Chandramukhi.
3. Chandramukhi slaps Kali Babu post her dancing stint with Paro. Here is Madhuri and Miling Gunaji just before that shot.
4. SLB and Shah Rukh discussing the climax scene.
5. Madhuri and Aishwarya listening to SLB intently as he directs them for one of the most epic scene - the confrontation scene!
6. The ever-graceful Madhuri Dixit rehearsing with Guru Birju Maharaj.
7. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan doing touch-up as she shot for Dola Re song.
8. Paro, Kali Babu, Chandramukhi on the sets of Devdas. The trio is dressed for the Dola Re sequence.