Besharam, Jagga Jasoos or Bombay Velvet: Which Ranbir Kapoor movie disappointed you the most? COMMENT

Ranbir Kapoor will next be seen sharing screen space with beau Alia Bhatt in Ayan Mukerji’s film Brahmastra
Besharam, Jagga Jasoos or Bombay Velvet: Which Ranbir Kapoor movie disappointed you the most? COMMENTBesharam, Jagga Jasoos or Bombay Velvet: Which Ranbir Kapoor movie disappointed you the most? COMMENT

Ranbir Kapoor made his Bollywood with Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya opposite Sonam Kapoor, and post that, he was seen in a series of films such as Besharam, Bombay Velvet, Bachna Ae Haseeno, Ajab Prem Ki Gazab Kahaani, Ae Dil Hain Mushkil, Jagga Jasoos, Sanju, and others. Now we all know that in the film business, every Friday decided the fate of an actor. While some films fail to set the cash registers ringing at the box office, some films come out with flying colours. Now talking about Ranbir Kapoor, this 37-year-old actor has had a series of hits and flops films in his career, and today, we decided to ask his fans that amidst his films that failed and bombed at the box office, which one disappointed them the most

Between Bombay Velvet, Jagga Jasoos, and Besharam, which film of Ranbir Kapoor disappointed you the most? To begin with, let’s talk about Bombay Velvet starring Ranbir Kapoor and Anushka Sharma. If we have Anushka Sharma and Ranbir Kapoor coming together for a film, fans surely have high expectations from it, however, this Anurag Kashyap directorial failed audiences expectations. Bombay Velvet was made on a budget of Rs 120 crore (which went on to gross Rs 34 crore worldwide, only) and clearly, the film was a gamble as the makers followed the aesthetic template of American noir films of the '40s, with a nothing-but-jazz soundtrack, and this clearly didn’t go down well with cinephiles.

Next, talking about Jagga Jasoos, if we have the hit jodi of Anurag Basu and Ranbir Kapoor reuniting for a film, fans obviously expect the film to be a blockbuster just like Barfi, however, Jagga Jasoos bombed at the box office as the film was reportedly made on a staggering budget of Rs 110 crore and it failed to earn even Rs 50 crore in its first week. Next up, if Rishi Kapoor, Neetu Kapoor, and Ranbir Kapoor are coming together for a film, it is only natural for the audiences to have a certain sense of expectation from the film, however, Abhinav Kashyap’s Besharam bombed at the box office. One, it was due to Ranbir Kapoor's and the fact that he is sharing screen space with his parents that audience came to watch the film, however, poor story was something that let the film down.

Stay updated with the latest entertainment,fashion and lifestyle news. Get our Newsletter

Anonymous 3 weeks ago

Besharam was experimental...The theme around the story was hilarious and comedic....I watched it with an open sense of humour...that was what Besharam was about...

Anonymous 1 month ago

Nepo nepo nepo

Anonymous 1 month ago

Besharam

Anonymous 1 month ago

besharam was an experimentally hilarious movie! i guess. i really liked all the rest...

Anonymous 1 month ago

Pretty much all his movies except for "wake up sid" and "rocky singh" have disappointed me :P

Anonymous 1 month ago

Never watch this ugly guy, i mean common guys how can someone find this guy attractive. He’s just disgusting and he doesn’t look at all like his father.

Anonymous 1 month ago

Oh they're all TERRIBLE! Bombay Velvet at least from first impressions looked like it would have a plot.

Anonymous 1 month ago

Jagga Jasoos because I always knew Bombay velvet will be a disaster but I though former will be a huge hit because it gave barfi and Ajab prem ki gazab kahani vibes but storyline was a big disappointment.

Anonymous 1 month ago

I didn’t watch any of these 3 movies nor do I have any intentions of watching his movies! Boycotting nepokids.

Anonymous 1 month ago

He himself is a big disappointment! Despite giving a string of flops he was given big banners and got to choose his own leading ladies.. jo gf thi woh leading lady so predictable these nepokids His only hit because of Dutts name. I don’t even know why ppl still like this guy. He’s snatched too many opportunities and still is mediocre. Lets not even talk abt his looks.

Anonymous 1 month ago

I totally disagree. You must see talent first.

Anonymous 1 month ago

Bro he has done some amazing work in his movies. Barfi, Rockstar, tamasha and yeh Jawani. These movies were masterpiece. Nepotism is bad but got appreciate the good performances.

Anonymous 1 month ago

Jagga Jasoos disappointed me the most.

Anonymous 1 month ago

Lol did u even bother watching it! Looks so wannabe from the posters only... Kat and rk expressions on posters are hilarious!!! The open mouth ‘oh’ wala expression!!

Anonymous 1 month ago

Overrated!

Anonymous 1 month ago

Too overrated!!

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement