Divya Bharti's 26th Death Anniversary: Here are few unknown facts related to the actress

Divya Bharti who was one of the famous actresses during the 90s is best known for her roles in movies such as Shola Aur Shabnam, Deewana and Dil Hi To Hai among others. Today, we have listed out some of the lesser known facts of the actress. Read on.
Divya Bharti's 26th Death Anniversary: Here are few unknown facts related to the actress Divya Bharti's 26th Death Anniversary Here are few unknown facts related to the actress
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Divya Bharti who was one of the famous actresses during the 90's is best known for her roles in movies such as Shola Aur Shabnam, Deewana and Dil Hi To Hai among others. The bubbly actress did many varied roles in both Bollywood and South movies and the same proves that she was an actor of substance. She made a mark in the industry in just few years of her career.

But her sudden death shocked the whole industry and till today, the same is still an unresolved mystery. For the unversed, she died of an accidental fall. She was just 19 when she passed away. Apparently, she was at a house party when she accidentally fell from the fifth floor and succumbed to the injuries. The actor was married to producer Sajid Nadiadwala at that time.

Actor Sanjay Kapoor took to his Instagram to pay tribute to her on her death anniversary. They both worked together in the movie Kartavya (1995). Divya reportedly finished 30% of the film before her untimely death, but later, the makers completed the film with Juhi Chawla. He wrote: “You will always be missed, #april5th #1993 #26thdeathanniversary #divyabharti.” Today, we have listed out some of the lesser known facts of the actress. Read on.

1. Many people do not know that she was signed for Akshay Kumar and Suniel Shetty's Mohra. Apparently, she was signed to play the role of Roma and the same was later done by Raveena Tandon, after Bharti's sudden demise. She had even shot some sequences.

2. Bharti was one of the highest-paid Indian actresses of her time. But her debut was not a Bollywood one but Telugu movie. She made her debut with Telugu drama Bobbili Raja (1990).

3. She had acted in 14 Hindi films in her last two years. And this feat is not yet achieved by any actress.

4. Actress Kainaat Arora is her second cousin. “She was my second cousin; not my real sister. I wish she (Divya) was alive. Maybe things would have been a bit better, but I don’t think it would have made much of a difference,” Kainat told HT.

5. Her untimely death left several films incomplete and it was reported that the Bollywood industry lost an estimated Rs. 2 crores as a result of her demise.

6. Dev Anand made a movie titled Chargesheet and the same was loosely based on her death and the mystery surrounding it. The movie was released in 30 September 2011.

7. She converted to Islam to marry Sajid Nadiadwala. She had changed her name to Sanah Nadiadwala after wedding.

Comments

Can we see a biopic movie about her it will be interested the first name that come to my mind is Sara Ali Khan she have that old school charm .

Add new comment

close