Happy Birthday Irrfan Khan: These quotes by the talented actor prove his willpower is unbreakable

Bollywood's finest actor Irrfan Khan turns 52 today. On his birthday today, check out some inspiring quotes from the talented actor.
Discussion,irrfan khan
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp
Irrfan Khan is one of the most phenomenal actors we have in the Indian film industry. Khan, born on January 7, 1967 in Jaipur turns 52 today. The talented actor has been working in films for more than 3 decades. In these 30 years, Irrfan has taken up different kinds of roles and given a lot of memorable performances. Just how we mould a clay to give in any shape or figure, such is Irrfan as an actor! He can mould himself into any character and perform it with the required conviction.

Bollywood's one of the finest talents, Irrfan made his acting debut by doing television shows like Chanakya, Bharat Ek Khoj, Sara Jahan Hamara, Banegi Apni Baat and many others. His journey into the films began with  Salaam Bombay! (1988) in which he did a cameo. However, his role was edited out from this Mira Nair's film. But this didn't shake Irrfan's spirit and he kept on working hard and giving his best. The list of Irrfan's best performances and films is too long but one cannot forget his stupendous acts in films like  Ek Doctor Ki Maut, Maqbool, Rog, Haasil, Life in a... Metro, The Namesake, Slumdog Millionaire, Paan Singh Tomar,  Life of Pi, Piku, The Lunchbox, to name a few.

Last year, Irrfan Khan was seen in two amazing films - Blackmail and Karwaan. While one was a dark comedy thriller, Karwaan was a light and fun travelogue. But Irrfan left the audience in splits with his performances in both these films. 

In 2018, Irrfan Khan shared the unfortunate news that he is diagnosed with high-grade neuroendocrine cancer. Since then, he has been taking treatment for the same in London. Everyone is praying for the actor's speedy recovery and want to see him back on the silver screen soon.

There are reports that the actor will be returning to India this year and will work on Uddham Singh biopic and Hindi Medium 2.

While we will have to wait for some time more to see Irrfan Khan winning hearts with his performances, check out these inspiring quotes by the actor which prove that his willpower and strength are unbreakable:

1. I was going through a crisis once, so I went to therapy because I was so unbearable for myself. In India, therapy is not part of the culture. It has not become such a big need!

2. In Bollywood, the effort is to look younger, which sometimes is not at all enjoyable. People look at an actor and say that he doesn't look what he is pretending to be. I hope it changes. I hope people can play their own age.

3. The day I become conventional, something inside me will die.

4. I've never looked to create an image where people fall in love with my face or style. Yes, it does cross my mind. But I've been trying to create a space for myself where I don't depend on that.

5. I was very, very vulnerable. But slowly, there is another way to look at things that are much more powerful and much more productive and much more healthy and I just want people to believe that nature is much more trustworthy and one must trust that.

6. There was a kind of disharmony in myself. It was bothering me. And I think this is what I was missing, this spontaneity. I know because we live in a world that is packed with plans, it sounds unrealistic. How could you live your life like that? But life is so mysterious and has so much to offer, we don’t really try things. And I’m trying and I’m loving it. I’m in a really fortunate state.

7. You stop your contemplation, you stop your planning, you stop the noise. You see the other aspect of it. It gives you so much. Life offers you so much. That’s why I feel like I have no other words but thanks. There are no other words, there’s no other demand, there’s no other prayer.
This Day That Year

Comments

wish you a very happy ,healthy, long life!!! happy birthday irfan sir.

Add new comment

close

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement