Sushmita Sen Birthday Special: 7 times the Miss Universe 1994 took away the cake on social media

Happy Birthday Sushmita Sen: From her inspiring fitness videos to adorable pictures with beau Rohman Shawl, let's look at how Miss Universe 1994, wins the internet.
Sushmita Sen Birthday Special: 7 times the Miss Universe 1994 took away the cake on social media Sushmita Sen Birthday Special: 7 times the Miss Universe 1994 took away the cake on social media
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

19th November 1975 - a star was born! Bringing home the Miss Universe Crown at the age of 18, Sushmita Sen is the first Indian woman to have won the title. Powering her way into Bollywood, Sush acted in several box-office hits such as Sirf Tum, Biwi No.1, Maine Pyaar Kyu Kiya?, Main Hoon Na and so on. Brown eyes, tall and svelte, Sushmita has always been fit and beautiful. Now, at the age of 44, the actress seems to have parted ways with the silver screen but still rules on social media. Her popularity and fandom remain the same!

From her inspiring fitness videos to adorable pictures with beau Rohman Shawl, let's look at these 7 iconic moments when Sushmita Sen won the internet.

Proving that age is no barrier for love, Sushmita Sen and beau Rohman Shawl gave us some serious couple goals with this post. The video shows Sushmita maintain a stretching pose balancing on Rohman's arms and legs. She mentions flexibility, strength, form, balance and most importantly trust. And if this isn't fitness goals then what is?

Giving a glimpse of her rich culture, Sushmita Sen looks like an absolute Bengali beauty in this picture. She is seen wearing an elegant red saree with golden gota and traditional jewelry. Not to miss her red bindi, a trademark of the Bengali fashion. Here, the actress is all decked up for the Durga Pooja, and she also carries a puja ki thali in her hand.

Every once in a while, it is important to set free the child within you, shows none better than Sushmita Sen herself as we see her laugh her heart out enjoying with her daughters at a playroom. Sushmita jumps into a ball pit with baby girl Alisah and later on, we see Rohman Shawl join them.

One of the most memorable performances of Sushmita Sen on the silver screen is her role in Main Hoon Na. We can never get over her chemistry with Shah Rukh Khan in the film and of course, her lovely sarees! Celebrating 15 years of Main Hoon Na, Sushmita shared a few stills from her song Tumse Milke Dil Ka and Tumhe Jo Maine Dekha and she set Instagram on fire!

“A sky full of promise”#kissoflife #sunsets #munchkin #romance #us #BLESSED

A post shared by Sushmita Sen (@sushmitasen47) on

Sharing a beautiful picture with Alisah, Sushmita Sen blessed our Instagram feed with their mother-daughter love. Sush created waves when she decided to become a single mum to a baby girl in 2000, and adopted a second child in 2010. The actress often gives us glimpses of her motherhood and posts cute pictures of her girls, and this photo clicked against the serene sunset is surely one of her best.

Giving us major fitspiration at the age of 44, Sushmita looks extremely fit and fabulous showing off her toned back. The actress is seen doing pulley pushdowns and we can't take our eyes off her picture.

What a journey!!! Thank you my Motherland India, for giving me my proudest identity #INDIAN The love,respect & adulation I have been showered with for 25 years, is undoubtedly my life’s greatest earning!! As we celebrate 25years of making History, of India winning Miss Universe for the very first time...I want to remember & Thank the people of my second home #philippines I Thank God for the privilege of having Won Miss Universe in their beautiful country, they continue to overwhelm me with their love & belonging to this day, even naming their children ‘Sushmita’ #mahalkitaphilippines My gratitude to Mr. Martin Brooks (then President of MU organisation) all the chaperones, travel managers, Ms. Barbara, resident manager Ms. Jane, for being such a FORCE of change, for teaching an 18year old me in 1994, the power of professionalism, Value for one’s word, earning of reputation, commanding of respect & to always have a inclusive Global view Their teachings have helped me make many important decisions in the past 25yrs, thereby shaping the Woman I am today I remember with great love all 77 contestants who competed for Miss Universe 1994!! And, of course, the beyond gracious Miss Colombia @carogomezfilm who won first runners up that year, and yet celebrated India’s first victory as if it were her own!!! Thank you God, family, friends, my children & all of you, who have consistently inspired me to keep growing & be more of my authentic self!!! Your wishes came pouring in & have me overwhelmed, THANK YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!! “May the Universe always conspire in your favour” I love you guys, #yourstruly #43rdmissuniverse #indiasfirst #missuniverse1994 #india #duggadugga

A post shared by Sushmita Sen (@sushmitasen47) on

Celebrating 25 years of her victory, Sushmita Sen recreated her Miss Universe moment as she wore a crown on her head and cut a cake decorated with a blue tiara and her pictures. Sushmita shared a super adorable picture of herself and the cake as she thanked her fans for the immense love and blessings showered on her.

"Stay in sync with the latest and hottest" & "SUBSCRIBE TO PINKVILLA"

Add new comment