Kalank Teaser: 5 goosebump moments from Varun, Alia, Sonakshi, Aditya, Sanjay and Madhuri's eternal love saga

Kalank, directed by Abhishek Varman and produced by Karan Johar, has managed to leave us all wanting for more in its 2:05 minutes teaser. The movie stars Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Sonakshi Sinha, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit in lead roles.
Kalank Teaser: 5 goosebump moments from Varun, Alia, Sonakshi, Aditya, Sanjay and Madhuri's eternal love sagaKalank Teaser: 5 goosebump moments from Varun, Alia, Sonakshi, Aditya, Sanjay and Madhuri's eternal love saga
  • facebook
  • twitter
  • Share on whatsapp

Finally, the much awaited teaser for the partition drama Kalank is OUT and has opened to an overwhelming response. The movie stars Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt, Sonakshi Sinha, Aditya Roy Kapur, Sanjay Dutt and Madhuri Dixit in lead roles and is touted to be one of the most magnificently made love sagas. There are teasers which leave you stunned with minimal dialogues and visual spectacle to die for, and Kalank is one such movie. The movie, directed by Abhishek Varman and produced by Karan Johar, has managed to leave us all wanting for more in its 2:05 minutes teaser.

As Kalank continues to leave us enthralled, here are the 5 goosebump moments from the period drama:

1. The silhouette: The teaser hooks you on from the very first scene which is a silhouette of Madhuri Dixit dancing gracefully with a monochrome backdrop adding to the mystery of the movie. The shot was well captured and the background score was apt to match to the rhythm of the visuals. 

2. Dialogues: There are specifically not more than 3 to 4 dialogues in the teaser. Each dialogue left us more intrigued. "Kuch Rishtey Karjon ke jaise hote hai, unhein nibhana nahi chukana padhta hai", says Zafar aka Varun and we can't help but try and decode the hidden meaning behind the soulless dialogues which screams of sacrifice, vulnerability and more. Another dialogue by Roop aka Alia on how finding peace in other person's suffering is a sign of defeat that hits you hard, while the last line sums up the love sagas underlining theme "Kalank Nahi Ishq Hai Yeh."

3. Background Score: The intense background score added to the movie made sure to keep us in check every time we gasped at the intriguing visuals at display. It is the background score of the movie which decides the tempo, pace and strength of the scene and well, Kalank seems to have it all well crafted. 

4. Characters: Very smartly and aptly so, not much about the characters is revealed in the teaser. We know Varun plays a Muslim blacksmith, while Madhuri plays a courtesan, Sanjay plays a powerful Hindu man and Aditya plays his son. But the revenge, the drama, the love, the sacrifice and everything else is curtailed in bits and pieces giving us only a glimpse of it, leaving the curious buffs in us restless. 

5. The communal narrative: While we all know that the movie is set during the time of partition, it encapsulates the tension, the communal tension and riots which left everyone's heart bleeding. The movie is NOT just about love, it is about the love during the times when communal violence was at its peak, Hindustan was getting split into two different nations and everyone was looking for a reason to pounce on each other. There are a few scenes which you might almost miss if not observed carefully where Dev is seen participating in a riot, indulging in a fight with the other community, giving us a glimpse of what's to behold on April 17th. 

Are you excited? 

Comments

I used to wonder why does Alia get all the praise inspire of her work being good but not anything to have about that much...well as far as talent is concerned .she can be replaced with many outsiders in most of her fis where they might even do better complete miscast should have casted Kiara advani atleast

Actually it might be the first film Alia might not get the kind of praise she usually does! Most of her films are tailor made for her only.

Only odd and funny thing was Alia.lol

alia looks like a child playing dress up

Losers trolls always complaining...PV and the trolls targeted sanju and tried hard to sabotage it but LOL...it becomes a huge hit...and that's why PV changed all thier policy...

I Don't Get the vibes like I do with SLB movies..It's Hard to go from contemporary movies to Traditional. I guess it'll be same for SLB.. Good Luck!

Not excited

Alia looks funny

Varun Dhawan as Zafar, that's mean 100% he would have played the role of a villain.

Manikarnika proved Bhansali doesn’t have the monopoly on period flicks. Kangana went and made her own epic. I know I’m in the minority here but Alia seems decent. Alas, all the nepokids. Such a shame. Sanjay-Madhuri is the only real excitement here for me.

Is Madhuri Dixit Playing a Negative Role?

Don't you think the male dialogue is voiced by Aditya Roy Kapur, not Varun Dhawan?

Alia in a period drama lol

SLB and Ashutosh would never so karan had to do it lol

100% that sonakshi gets side-lined in the movie!

It’s dharma movie. Alia must get lime light. Pathetic Karan johar

Add new comment