Post Sushant Singh Rajput’s demise, Kangana Ranaut took a strong stand and questioned Bollywood over not giving him due credit. Now, she spoke at length in an exclusive conversation with Pinkvilla about professional bullying and nepotism in Bollywood.
EXCLUSIVE! Kangana Ranaut: I was told eventually I will commit suicide; don’t know what people told SushantEXCLUSIVE! Kangana Ranaut: Javed Akhtar told me if I don't apologise to Rakesh Roshan & family, I’ll be jailed

Sushant Singh Rajput’s untimely demise has divided the social media and the Indian film industry – where it’s slowly becoming a tussle of who’s more right. Kangana Ranaut is not known for mincing her words or putting them diplomatically, and that has been one of the prime reasons for her to court one controversy after another.

Yesterday, in an exclusive conversation with Pinkvilla, Kangana Ranaut alleged that it was professional bullying and nepotism that took the life of the young actor. The actress even called out Mukesh Bhatt on comparing Sushant with Parveen Babi.

(Trigger Warning)

Firing a fresh salvo, the actress shares her protest and outburst is because she too was subjected to similar pressure tactics in her career. “Once Javed Akhtar had called me to his house and told me that Rakesh Roshan and his family are very big people. If you don’t apologise to them, you will have nowhere to go. They will put you in jail, and eventually, the only path would be that of destruction…you will commit suicide. These were his words. Why did he think if I don’t apologise to Hrithik Roshan, I would have to commit suicide? He shouted and yelled at me. I was shaking in his house,” Kangana says.

Also Read | EXCLUSIVE: Kangana Ranaut calls out Mukesh Bhatt for comparing Sushant Singh Rajput with Parveen Babi

“Were there people calling Sushant? Were there people putting such thoughts into his mind? I have no idea, but obviously, he was in a similar situation. In his interviews, he had said that nepotism cannot co-exist with talent because they don’t allow the right talent to come up. I can relate to it, and hence I am raising questions. I want to know who played the catalyst in this situation?” she adds.

To substantiate her allegations of experiencing professional bullying from a section of the industry, she claims. “I know Sushant had a big fallout with Aditya Chopra also. When I refused Sultan, he had threatened he would never work with me. Ever since our industry ganged up on me. I remember so many times feeling really lonely and feeling what will happen to me… Why do these privileged people have the power to say that they will never work with someone? It’s your choice if you want or not to work with someone, but why announce it to the world, gang up and make this happen! [sic] These privileged lots need to be questioned. They have blood on their hands. They need to answer, and I am ready to go to any extent to expose these people because enough is enough!”

Kangana says that what she experienced was not just limited to her professional life, her personal life too was severely impacted. “They are very insecure about things. Despite what they did to me, there was a guy who wanted to get married to me. But he distanced himself, they made sure he ran away. With no surety about my career, my love-life completely has gone awry, with six court-cases against me, they’re still trying to put me in jail.

I’m a different person; I’m very expressive. I went out there, and I just vented it out. Sushant was not a person like that at all. He just bottled it up. Media too, has played a considerable part in this—the kind of monster image that was given to him. Everybody who knew him closely agrees that he was a soft and emotional person. I think that after a point it really got to him. I can understand it because even I have been portrayed as a witch and as a stalker,” she continues.

Narrating the psychological impact of the situations faced, she says, “I remember initially when people used to come to my home, I felt so embarrassed to even offer them water. Forget having a relationship or going on a date post the disaster of a relationship I had. I can only imagine that even during Manikarnika what they did to me. But perhaps he [Sushant] was just not able to vent. In fact, all these constant jibes on these petty shows that he should be killed and which rated him as the least efficient… his films have done more business than your Gully Boy. People like Salman Khan said who Sushant Singh Rajput? It was after M.S. Dhoni: The Untold Story, everybody knew who Sushant was. We need to stop these,” she concludes.

ALSO READ | EXCLUSIVE: Mumbai Police demands contract copies from YRF with Sushant Singh Rajput; Question his manager & PR

If you need support or know someone who is struggling, please reach out to your nearest mental health specialist or speak to someone about it. There are several helplines available for the same.

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here
Anonymous 4 months ago

Kanagana is big liar and big opportunist. She needs just some reason to fight with people. Why are people calling her bold and brave. Just abusing everyone in interviews is called lack of class and civility and not being bold and brave. Shame on her for bringing bad name to the industry where she has been earning her living. She is total NAMAK HARAAM

Anonymous 4 months ago

# justice 4 Sushant Singh Rajput cbi enquiry plzzzz

Anonymous 4 months ago

ONLY YOu are OUr hope kangna to get SSR JUSTICE YOU ARE SO BRAVE YOU BROKE THW RECORD OF EVERY WOMEN FIGHTING FOT JUSTICE UR DOING SO GOOD U ARE SO PURE AND SO HONESY NEVER SEEN SUCH A STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMEN LIKE PLS GET SSR JUSTICE AND ALL THE CRIMINAL INSIDE THE JAIL GET THEM HANG

Anonymous 4 months ago

#worldseekingjusticeforssr

Anonymous 4 months ago

the best and most bold actress in the industry

Anonymous 4 months ago

I always support you mam.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Kangana why is no one talking and raising questions to ranveer Singh... All the movies that sushant was supposed to do went to ranveer , definitely ranveer would have done something to get those movies

Anonymous 5 months ago

Just answer me one thing just after Sush left all of us madam kangu knew exactly what happened to Sush just using opportunity to meet self hatred agenda

Anonymous 5 months ago

I find the discussion that is currently going on on Sushant Singh's back embarrassing. Bollywood is certainly a tough place - but Kangana Ranaut didn't care about Sushant Singh during his lifetime and now she uses his tragic suicide for her own life story (what is true, what is invented - nobody knows - the stories are constantly changing - and evidence of their claims is always promised, but never substantiated). What remains constant in her statements is the fact - regardless of whether- Nepo-Kid (richly born, stupid and automatically talent-free) or "outsider" (who want just copy me !!!). If you are not an outsider who has just committed suicide, there is just only one educated, brave, selfless and REALLY talented actress all over Bollywood and her name is .... ????

Anonymous 5 months ago

Each one of us have our own views for different situations. Let's respect that instead of condemning it coz it doesn't match your narrative

Anonymous 5 months ago

Stop being a hypocrite at least. She has the guts to say it loud and clear. Because of people like you these nepotistic people of Bollywood go on with their dirty perks. And according to your logic how many posts of sushant have you posted on the social media platforms you are registered to. Probably none or many. By that logic people too can ask u to be way far from the ongoing matter. And her actions are much more louder and bolder than your naive question

Anonymous 5 months ago

Atleast she is raising her voice for sushant, tum toh vo bhi ni kr skte. Even if she has her own benefit in this, then whats your problem, look at yourself, tum toh ye bi kr nhi skte , so kangana ke iss step se agr sushant ko benefit mill rha h, then let it be.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Hmmm, Kangana Ranaut is not a well-known Bollywood personality? I'm a stupid European, so I'm not paid for any PR action but in in my country Kangana Ranaut is more known for her self-made scandals than for the quality of her films. In 2019 there were some remarkable films from "Bollywood". Starting with Gully Boy, Article 15, Super 30, Chhichhore, Thappad, The Sky is Pink and so on ...(And I have to admit that I found all these films to be of better quality than Manikarnika, Judgmentall Hai Kya, and above all Panga). No matter whether "Nepo Mafia" or "Outsider" man or woman - Kangana never supported one of these films. On the contrary, she/ her manager sister often asked to boycott these films...And this woman now claims that she is something like Sushant Singh's "relatives"? As I said - I'm just a stupid European - but I would like to forego friendships that only start after a tragic suicide.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Stay your European a## away fro. This matter if you know nothing. Yes you are right you are stupid European

Anonymous 5 months ago

She never even discouraged one Other than gully boy All at her own discretion

Anonymous 5 months ago

I don't know why people are supporting Kangna Ranaut she's just an attention seeker all the time. I agree with her about Sushant Singh Rajput case but I don't find this reason to support her. If u want to unfollow any of the actors in Bollywood then please do but that doesn't mean you should be following Kangna. Is she going to fight for Sushant Singh in court against everybody?. Well, I don't think so she is just taking advantage of the situation for her personal gain. If you have supported the actors whom you are not following now, then you are wrong here, we as an audience had given the crores of turn over for the movies that are not worth, then who is responsible for nepotism? People started comparing about 'Gully boy' & 'Chhichhore' we are also responsible for choosing the movies we watched, that shows our support to that movie. Sushant Singh Rajput was murdered and everyone can clearly see in his last pictures, after watching tons of crime series we Indians should at least know this basic thing between a murder and suicide.

Anonymous 5 months ago

I am glad and thank the good Lord that we have someoy like you to stand for injustice am dI say he did not comit Suicide he has been murdered . I pray for the truth to surface..what we know is just the tip of the iceberg.

Anonymous 5 months ago

No Bollywood actor is as much talented and charming as Sushant Singh Rajput was. He was underrated because he didn't do chaplusi like Ranveer Singh and Deepika does.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Bold and beautiful. Keep up the good work. Truly appreciated. Such a wonderful personality u r. God bless u and give u more courage and strength to fight.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Be the way u r queen.expose everyone this will be real RIP to Shuruaat...

We should also boycott Javed Akhtar

Yes Javed Akhtar is a Bully too

Anonymous 5 months ago

They need to boycott entire bollywood to resolve this shit, mate.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Brave women you are for speaking the truth!

Anonymous 5 months ago

The only justice would be : we must not watch their movies anymore. No one must go to PVR and waste our money.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Hi, Ms Queen, You did the right thing. Be straight and be bold.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Shame on you these so called famous people in Bollywood

Anonymous 5 months ago

All of Bollywood and their nepotism gang on one side and Kangana alone on the other side. Jhansi ki Rani! Kangana is truly the Queen, the brave warrior fighting the modern day battle singlehandedly. God bless her! I pray no one can harm her, because they will try to. But I pray God protects her! And she brings in a new era of Bollywood where outsiders are treated fairly! God bless you Kangana! I pray for you everyday that these bad people with connections don't try to silence you.

Anonymous 5 months ago

I'm really looking forward to it. LOL

Anonymous 5 months ago

If Bollywood is to treat "Outsider" fairly, Kangana Ranaut is welcome to start by not opposing her talented "Outsider" colleagues such as Taapsee Pannu or Bhumi Pednekar or any other talented actress. And it would be nice if she announced her solidarity during their lifetime and not only after a tragic suicide.

Anonymous 5 months ago

People dont go and watch her films. You think they will go out on streets. LOL

Anonymous 5 months ago

If they try to harm her, people will come on streets

Anonymous 5 months ago

She’s amazing!! God bless you Kangana keep going!!!!

Anonymous 5 months ago

Gosh. I'll never forget the sting operation that was conducted with Hrithik and his father by a reputed TV news channel where they told a young girl that she would need to sleep with both father and son to even be considered. They used their clout to make sure it didn't air. Worse was when they stole a comic illustration by a young artist and made Krish. They stole it from him. The poor guy didn't know what hit him. Hell has a special room for the Roshans and Suzanne knows it better than any of us.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Sushant said that nepotism can co-exist with talent.. This woman is twisting his words and lying saying that he said the opposite.. She is indeed the queen of lies...

Good night PR

Anonymous 5 months ago

Shut up you dumb idiot star kid fan, talent and Nepotism can never exist. Nepo kids like Arjun took away half girlfriend from Sushant. A flop actor like ranbir gets to work with top directors like karan johar and Hirani but after giving hits like Dhoni, kedarnath and chichore Sushant has no films. All his films were taken away because he was so brilliant actor, dancer and most importantly he was academically a gem. He had the potential to shed notion that actors in bollywood are not intelligent academically. He was very good in sports too. He would have Acted every genre films. Shame on starkids like Arjun, Varun, ranbir, ranveer, tiger, sooraj, salman to kill a star which could have become next srk in Bollywood.

He said it because he had to idiot. It’s not true. Poor Sushant

Anonymous 5 months ago

Kangana PR, rather she and her sister are constantly replying and commenting for damage control after her twitter ban.

Hello Uncle Karan

Anonymous 5 months ago

Rangoli using the same words and lines to spam the comment section with fake praises for Kangana. Hehe!

PR working overtime

Kangana, Queen of Bollywood

Anonymous 5 months ago

One look at outsider actress of last decade Kangana, Priyanka, Katrina, Deepika, Anushka and the current outsiders are Tapsi, richa, Bhoomi etc or outsider men like ayushman, Rajkumar, vicky, nawaz etc. These people are good no doubt but why don't we see some outsider with dynamic looks and acting. Why not someone like Aishwarya or Madhuri. Truth is Bollywood directors purposesly take average looking outsiders in films to make average looking starkids shine in films. They want audience to think that outsiders are worth of superstar tag because they don't have looks and dressing sense. And we end up praising Nepo kids like Ranbir and Alia because we get to choose who is better among nepo kids. Let good looking and talented outsiders like Aishwarya enter in Bollywood once again and that will be death knell for all the nepo kids like alia.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Itni industry pagal nahi ke badsurat nepo kids ko sell kare aur apna bank account damage kare. NO good looking people left in India

Anonymous 5 months ago

Aishwarya who was Subhash Ghai's mistress, Salman's girlfriend, and Amitabh's rakhel. Wh*res should definitely follow that who**s example.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Aishwarya Rai Bollywood's biggest wh*re who slept with a man the same age as her father and then married his son to stay on top.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Aishwarya's special relationships with Subhash Ghai, Akshay Khanna, Salman Khan, and Amitabh Bachchan are very famous. She used the right man at the right time to climb up.

Well said.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Future of Bollywood is hopeless guys...... If We talk about Top 5 actress of last decade then it will be Kangana, Priyanka, Katrina, Anushka, Deepika. Kareena was the only Nepo kid besides these actress and she was an exception but if I talk about the top 5 actress by the end of this decade than it will be Alia, Sara, Annaya, Jhanvi, Suhana, Khushi and there may be one or two outsider as actress. Even the top actors by the end of decade will be Ranbir, Ranveer, Varun, Arjun, Tiger etc . The time of outsiders is now over and only Nepo kids will rule.

Anonymous 5 months ago

If you don't like them, just don't watch their movies. As a viewer, YOU decide which film you spend money on. What about such talented actors as Ayushmann Khurrana, Taapsee Pannu, Bhumi Pednekar ... and don't forget Bollywood's self-proclaimed acting queen Kangana. PV please post

Anonymous 5 months ago

Kangna was never among top 5. Chalak mat bano.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Nope. Nepo kids time is over

Anonymous 5 months ago

I am scared for Kangana and her career. These wolves like Karan johar, Salman, roshan's, Sanjay dutt ,nepo kids like snake alia, ranbir etc are gonna come after her after things settle and people forgets this matter. She will be all alone and she will be attached my malicious pr. I pray from God for the safety of this brave woman. These mafias are so dangerous as they are linked with underworld. But I am proud of Kangana. Love you Kangana. I was never you fan and I liked Katrina Kaif but now you will always be my first choice. Hail Queen kangana.

Anonymous 5 months ago

She is brave. And so should we be too. Let’s change things

Anonymous 5 months ago

These bollywood mafia is so big, they have a stranglehold of the industry and promote only their own. If an outsider comes who is better than any of them they systematically bully them, withdraw work from them, snatch work from them, belittle them in their chatshows ... it is a very organised, malicious, vicious bullying! worse than animals

oh ! poor baby.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Fight like a dignified lady. Please respect your colleagues and let them get the credit for their work. Help us see you as respectful strong person. Then we are with you. We will boycott anyone who try to break you or destroy your movies. Now we know what you have been talking since beginning. But we couldn’t take you seriously as we already had a opinion that you wanted controversy and domination over others. When someone tries to be disrespectful toward one, we have the reason to believe there might be animosity between these two but with everyone? Then the problem is with the person. Now let us see you as a strong person who stands up against injustice and unfairness.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Only people who has to go through fights like this knows the truth nit jerks like you who think Single person against majority cannot hold truth... Like Gandhi ji said even if it's one person truth is truth... People without struggles should not comment about others struggles Now go to your comfort zone you coward

We are supported u mam

Anonymous 5 months ago

I feel sad to admit that we are the same people who made Nepo kids' movies blockbusters. Movies like Tumbad and Masaan were never much talked about.

We support u

Anonymous 5 months ago

We are with uhh man and uh are our only HOPE

If Kangana is our only hope? No thanks

Anonymous 5 months ago

We support you kangana mam....✊✊✊✊

Anonymous 5 months ago

Kangana we are with you. Pls fight the battle for our sushant ans for other outsiders who are willing to come to this industry. You are the only hope and we will back you up. I promise

Anonymous 5 months ago

All those with any conscious please just stop watching Bollywood movies until there is JUSTICE and EQUALITY.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Justice for sushant sing rajput

Anonymous 5 months ago

The iron lady of India. Applaud to you for standing up to these bullies all these year's. We support you, Kangana. And I hope justice will be served for Sushant and many others like him. Praying to every deity so that the name and money won't be able to sideline the life of innocents.

We support me mam

Anonymous 5 months ago

Justice for sushant sing rajput...we cant let them run freely.....such a heartless people....I have never seen...what power they wanna show...they should know fans makes everything to them...how could they do such things to him...

We support u Kangana ma'am ❣️

Justice for Shushant sir

Anonymous 5 months ago

we are with u in any situation mam

Nice Madam

Anonymous 5 months ago

After reading all your comments I advice and request you to stop watching all their movies n boycott them immediately. Stop following in their tweeter, why making them famous n rich? It's you n me only doing.

Anonymous 5 months ago

#justiceforshushantainghrajput use this hashtag guys

Anonymous 5 months ago

We want justice for legend Sushant Singh Rajput..

Anonymous 5 months ago

Now that he's killed himself he's a legend ??? - where was your fan support during his lifetime !!! PV please post

Anonymous 5 months ago

We are with #kanganaranaut.. Keep your voice strong Against bolly mafia's.. We want #justicforsushant.

We want justice

Anonymous 5 months ago

Fake so called celebrities should be exposed .Today I feel proud on me that I never followed these fake celebrities like salmon bhoi , karan joker and sonam a dum celeb and like who don't know the difference between PM and president . Please support real talent I support real talent

We support you kangana Maim

We support you kangana Maim

Justice

Anonymous 5 months ago

We want justice for legend sudhan sing rajput

Anonymous 5 months ago

We are with u kangana never give up and we want justice

Anonymous 5 months ago

We support you kangana ranaut ❤️ We want justice for great actor shushant Singh rajput ❤️❤️❤️

We want justice for legendary hero shushant Singh rajput ❤️❤️

Anonymous 5 months ago

We need the justice , thank you for speak up the damn truth !

Anonymous 5 months ago

Ham apke sath hai sushant or us bandukle ko dekh lege

justice for sushant

We want justice

Anonymous 5 months ago

Kangana is a real lady boss n we support you

Anonymous 5 months ago

God shud have taken this vulture instead of Sushant . Shameless woman is now using his death for publicity

Anonymous 5 months ago

Shameless vulture is you. What if you had faced this ( nepotism) everybody was against you , trying their best to put your talent down or someone close to you gone thru this had died.

Supp

Anonymous 5 months ago

More power to you.Keep going we are with you.You are doing a great work.#Justice for Sushant Singh Rajput Sir.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Justice for Sushant and Kangana. Perpetrators should pay.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Mam all the best we are with u

Anonymous 5 months ago

Kangana thinks everyone will buy her lies. Sushant's death was a tragedy and she's exploiting it for her own agenda. Sushant clearly said that Nepotism can coexist with talent and she is twisting his words. I must say though, that nepotism must be eradicated, along with the bullying attitude of Bollywood heavyweights.

Anonymous 5 months ago

Shut up uglia u bi**h pls die

Anonymous 5 months ago

Kangana is a chronic liar... Sushant said that nepotism can coexist with talent, and she is lying that Sushant said "cannot"... https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.republicworld.com/amp/entertainment-news/bollywood-news/when-sushant-singh-rajput-spilled-the-beans-on-nepotism.html

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options