Anna Faris SURVIVES monoxide poisoning on Thanksgiving; Details Inside

Updated on Dec 05, 2019 08:01 PM IST  |  621.9K
   
Anna Faris SURVIVES monoxide poisoning on Thanksgiving; Details Inside
Advertisement

Actress Anna Faris survived a carbon monoxide leak while celebrating Thanksgiving in Lake Tahoe. While she was fortunate enough to escape the accident, the incident resulted in two of her guests going to the hospital. "I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department - we were saved from carbon monoxide- it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate," Faris wrote alongside a picture of a dining table with plates of half-eaten food.

According to a report by People, the 43-year-old was celebrating the holiday at a rented house in California, with her family, when some of the guests complained of feeling ill. However, they wrote it off as symptoms of altitude sickness. Eventually, two of the guests ended up in the hospital, where the medical team determined carbon monoxide to be the cause of sickness. Post diagnosis, first responders were called to check up on the remaining guests who were present in the house.

Reportedly, carbon monoxide alarms were not installed in the house. Post-inspection, the safety crew revealed that the living space had more than six times the maximum recommended indoor carbon monoxide levels, even though the windows were open for ventilation. While the source of the leak wasn’t identified, the responders asserted that the family was “lucky to be alive”. In her post, Chris Pratt's ex wife thanked the first responders for helping her family.

Advertisement

Comments