Anna Kendrick had a MISERABLE time filming Twilight & it wasn't due to Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart

Updated on Jun 11, 2020 06:42 PM IST  |  14.8M

It has been over a decade since Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's Twilight released. While the movie became a rage, Anna Kendrick did not have the best of time. The actress is opening up about her experience of working on the first Twilight movie. For those who might have forgotten, the Pitch Perfect star played Jessica in the series. Years after the franchise ended, Anna recalling filming for the first flick and said it was a "miserable" experience due to the filming conditions.

In an interview with Vanity Fair, Anna remembered the experience as "being so cold and miserable". She also joked about wanting to "murder everyone" because of the whole experience. The Twilight team was filming in Portland, Oregon. "I just remember my converse being completely soaked through, and feeling like you know this is a really good group of people and I'm sure that we would be friends at a different time, but I want to murder everyone," she laughed, explaining her experience.

But the experience brought the cast closer. "Although it was also kind of bonding. There was like something about it like you go through some trauma event like you imagine people who survive like a hostage situation, and you're kind of bonded for life," she added.

Anna also shared her thoughts on the graduation speech Jessica delivered in the third Twilight movie, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010), and credited Kristen for helping her with the performance. "I swear to God the thing that is happening is that you’re looking at Kristen Stewart's reaction to that speech and that’s what is moving you. People are like, 'That speech is so amazing,' and I’m like, 'No, that’s her, she’s great,'" the actress said.

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

ALSO READ: Robert Pattinson sweats it out during the lockdown to stay in shape for 'The Batman'

Comments
User Avatar
Anonymous : Blah blah blah
User Avatar
Anonymous : I started off reading the book series because my 13-year-old daughter wanted to read it. I'm a middle-aged woman, and I loved the book. I also enjoyed all four movies because it was different, an escape from the norm. Anna K is entitled to her opinion. Personally, I thought she did a great job. The goal was to bring the character to life and she accomplished that. Someday, she might come to terms with her experience and recognize the accomplishments of this film. Just my opinion. ☺
User Avatar
Anonymous : What? And this is important because?
Anonymous : Anna Kendrick is a very extremely gorgeous woman
User Avatar
Anonymous : Have any of you ever been on film set??? Sometimes you work 18 hours straight where most of the time your sitting around waiting for the scene to be set up. With that being her first big role she probably only got paid scale which would be a few thousand dollars if that. So imagine sitting around in the cold, rainy conditions for hours and hours , she probably didn't have her own trailer either so before you bad mouth someone make sure you know what it's really like. Yes, that film got her other roles but at the time of her shooting she was an unknown. I'm sure she's grateful but can still complain that it was a tough shoot.
User Avatar
Anonymous : I made a million dollars and my shoes got wet......the struggle is real
User Avatar
Anonymous : She's an incredibly sweet person and was only responding to a question. She's far from "complaining" about her career.
Anonymous : Exactly, finally someone who gets it
User Avatar
Anonymous : Actors and film crew put themselves through hell a lot of the time to make beloved films. Anyone trolling them is heartless and ungrateful. You trolls are just another farmer milking a dry cow until it bleeds.
Anonymous : It was all because of her Night Blindness as it was always Twilight
User Avatar
Anonymous : I think it’s stupid, you won’t let my comments be put in just cause someone is conservative. what about my rights?
User Avatar
Anonymous : Ugh, just go.
User Avatar
Anonymous : I’m so tired of hearing celebrities, and YouTubers complaining about everything, everything is a drama a crisis. After they get done with a project, movie stars bad mouth the things, that got them their big houses. YouTubers gripe about how everyone needs to be doing their part for stuff. Why not live your life, be grateful for your big movies, your homes and let everyone have their differences and leave people be! I’m conservative in my politics Yes, But! I am a artist, photographer, dancer,writer, poet painter, I have a very broad view on things, and I’m tired of everyone ragging on people who are conservative. Yes I’m old fashioned, yes I believe in marriage. But here’s an idea Leave us be! You want to talk drama! Everyone stay in your corners do you jobs and SHUT UP!
User Avatar
Anonymous : The only thing worse than a complainer is someone complaining about a complainer and thinking their complaining is okay and not just as bad as the original complainer.
User Avatar
Anonymous : You’re DUMB !!!! So sit in your corner and SHUT UP!!!!
User Avatar
Anonymous : Soooo, she compared making a movie that helped make her rich and famous to being in a hostage situation because she was cold and her shoes were wet..? As if she weren’t insufferable enough!
User Avatar
Anonymous : You sound like a pretty miserable person yourself!
User Avatar
Anonymous : You idiots complaining about her answering an interviewer's questions are morons. She wasn't complaining unsolicited. She was telling how things were. And apparently you're too stupid to understand what analogies are. She wasn't calling it a hostage situation. She was comparing the bonding experience that happens in something traumatic. Not to mention, if this headline didn't have her complaining about something, you never would have clicked it, so they got you.
User Avatar
Anonymous : Well am not complaining i think the Twilight series was awesome so it may be late but thanks guys and ladies its my favourite
User Avatar
Anonymous : I loved it no complaints bloody awesome it may be late very late but I loved every minute of the Twilight series so blow it thank U to all who made it possible