Aquaman 2 to get new female lead to sideline Amber Heard? Fans protest she gets same treatment as Johnny Depp

6 months ago  |  3.3M

After the successful debut of the first Aquaman, which is an understatement given the fact that it grossed USD 1.148 billion at the box office, James Wan will soon embark on another challenging journey to helm the long-awaited Aquaman 2. Even before going into production, the movie is facing scrutiny. In case you’ve somehow blissfully missed all the controversy that’s transpired over the course of the last year between actor Johnny Depp and his ex-wife Amber Heard, the allegations of physical domestic abuse and two separate court cases in the United States and the UK have made things increasingly difficult for Warner Bros. to work with either actor. Just over a month ago, in fact, the studio cut ties with the Pirates of the Caribbean star after he lost his libel case against The Sun, recasting Grindelwald for Fantastic Beasts 3.

Now, a lot of folks on the internet are campaigning to see Heard suffer the same treatment. In fact, the petition to remove her from Aquaman 2 is nearing a staggering 2 million signatures. And while WB has yet to announce any plans to hire another actress for the role, it seems that they’re trying to come up with a compromise.  According to Grace Randolph, the host of the Beyond The Trailer YouTube channel, the studio is bringing on another female lead to balance things out. “Some of you are asking re Amber Heard – as I told you before, they are bringing on this new female lead to balance things out, and writing the script so that Heard’s role can be cut down if needed. But as of right now she’s still in Aquaman 2,” the journalist wrote on her Twitter feed.

As we learned last month, Warner Bros. may not be able to fire the London Fields star if it comes to it due to her contract. What they can do, however, is find a way to sideline her character in favour of a newcomer in Aquaman 2. To what extent they’ll do so, though, is anyone’s guess at this point.

ALSO READ: Johnny Depp wanted to have Amber Heard replaced in Aquaman after their controversial divorce: Report

Comments
Anonymous : “Tell the world, Johnny, tell them, Johnny Depp, I Johnny Depp, a man, I’m a victim too of domestic violence. And see how many people believe or side with you.” - Amber Heard is not a victim she is the abuser
REPLY 2 6 months ago
Anonymous : i smell roasting fish XD. karma will bite her in the a##
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : Won’t be watching this if this evil excuse is allowed to stay. WB requested JP resignation, why can’t they ask for hers? A verbal request would at least encourage other male victims to ever come forward. Despite audio recordings, witness testimony she’s been allowed to stay in the film. I for one can not understand such double standards.
REPLY 2 6 months ago
Anonymous : Dear Amber. U can call urself lucky if no one'll kill u for what u did
REPLY 1 6 months ago
Anonymous : She’s not good at what she does. She’s a proven abuser. She literally cut his finger. I will not be watching anything produced by WB until Amber Heard is permanently removed. And not because I’m a depp fan but because I’ve been abused. And I’ve been made to feel it was my fault.
REPLY 5 6 months ago
Anonymous : Her role being reduced isn't enough. I won't watch Aquaman until she's OUT
REPLY 4 6 months ago
Anonymous : what if they gave her a nice drawn out death scene?
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : This is the best christmas gift
REPLY 6 6 months ago
Anonymous : If Amber stays in Aquaman 2 I will not even watch a pirared version of the movie, let alone pay to see it.
REPLY 7 6 months ago
Anonymous : Chuck this sad excuse for a vile heinous witch out !
REPLY 6 6 months ago
Anonymous : Please READ and be informed. The libel trial transcripts are available thru reporter Nick Wallis. After reading, if you still want to pay to see Amber Heard in anything, you are as easily manipulated by her as he was.
REPLY 7 6 months ago
Anonymous : No need
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : No we want amber for Aquaman 2
REPLY 3 6 months ago
Anonymous : No,Not at all
REPLY 13 6 months ago
Anonymous : Nein, wollen wir nicht! Wer will dieses Monster sehen?!
REPLY 1 6 months ago
REPLY 5 6 months ago
Anonymous : Oh, just remove Amber from Aquaman 2, WB! She doesn't deserve the role.
REPLY 28 6 months ago
Anonymous : There’s a contract they have to uphold- she can sue them for breaking the contract. If there’s anyone that is sue happy right now when she doesn’t get her way, it’s Amber Heard.
REPLY 0 6 months ago
REPLY 0 6 months ago
REPLY 20 6 months ago
Anonymous : Ah to be a clueless Depp fan. The disinformation is hysterical! Since last Spring the story has been Heard was fired. THEN she had not been fired but was going to be. Then she was going to jail for faking evidence. But it was Depp’’s attorney who was busted for that. Oops! Then once she lost that U.K. court case, she’d definitely be fired. Oops! Depp lost! Now her screen time will be reduced! LOL! Deppheads sound like a bunch of Trumpers making excuses and making stuff up.
REPLY 1 6 months ago
Anonymous : I assume you are American. I have a neighbour who is Trailer Trash. Read between the lines, I would not trust Amber Heard any further than I could throw her. I am not a Depp fan, but I feel for him as I feel he has been kippered by Amber Heard. She would drive me to drink and I am teetotal.
REPLY 26 6 months ago
Anonymous : Sup simp.
REPLY 9 6 months ago
Anonymous : Aww, bless your inbred little heart.
REPLY 9 6 months ago
Anonymous : Sounds like you believe whatever media posts, there’s the problem right there with your entire comment.
REPLY 2 6 months ago
REPLY 5 6 months ago
Anonymous : His lawyer wasn't busted for anything, she is the one who gave false evidence about donating money to charity. Did you even follow the trial?
REPLY 5 6 months ago
Anonymous : Imagine thinking we live in a patriarchy when time and time again women are able to get away with heinous crimes so long as the victim is a man.
REPLY 30 6 months ago