Break The Silence: BTS member Jin confesses to losing friends due to fame; ARMY offer their love & support

1 year ago  |  10.4M

BTS member Jin revealed that ARMY's love is what makes him perform even more.

When you are as big an artist as the BTS members are, there are obvious perks and cons that come with fame, fortune and popularity. Through their new docuseries, Break The Silence, the septet is getting very candid about the struggles they face, which comes with being an idol. While they will always be fortunate for the overwhelming love that they receive from ARMY, there are certain things that they have to deal with when it comes to being an extremely popular and globally known K-pop band.

Jin, who is the eldest member of BTS is usually the one to add the comic relief in any given situation, partly because he wants to be able to take off the nervousness from his members, who are like family to him. But, in Break The Silence Episode 3, Jin let his guard down and spoke about what he lost due to fame. "There's a lot of pressure to meet up with people. I haven't changed, but my friends find it difficult to be around me. It's quite a shame to see them grow apart from me. I've lost a lot of people around me. What makes up who I am now is our fans, ARMY, and they are the reason I'm able to do music," the 27-year-old singer confessed with utmost honesty.

Speaking about his love for ARMY and how they keep him going, Jin gushed, "Because so many people love seeing me on stage and because I can make many people happy, I become happy through them. That's why I perform even more."

ARMY made sure to flood Twitter with messages of love and support for Mr. Worlwide Handsome:

Moon by Jin from Map of the Soul: 7, which is a dedication to his love for ARMY, hits very differently now after his heartbreaking confession in Break The Silence.

ALSO READ: Break The Silence: 7 quotes from BTS' new docuseries that left ARMY in a crying mess of emotions

Moreover, talking about the difference between being Jin and Seokjin, the Epiphany singer revealed, "I think the two lives are the same, but I don't live them in the same way. I think Jin of BTS always lives a cheerful life. As Kim Seokjin, not much has changed for me and I'm living a really happy life. But as Jin of BTS, life may be a bit difficult on the other side. If you gain some, you lose some."

Comments
Anonymous : Fame can do many things... Gladly it didnt corrupt him as a person...
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : IM CRYING
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Jin seems like he's a good guy, silly and fun and normal, except FAMOUS. That doesn't seem so bad... I bet he's so cool even without the fame and fortune :)
REPLY 10 1 year ago
Anonymous : I would like to day that there music makes me so happy and it helps alot of people, and I am so sorry that Jin lost some of his friends but he has millions of friends in Army and we ain't going know where we will always be here for BTS,
REPLY 15 1 year ago
Anonymous : I have lost friendships along the way as well due to switching schools many times. I’m used to it to where they are only temporary friends and not permanent.
REPLY 7 1 year ago
Anonymous : I love him so much and I wish that I can help him and I know what he feel about lose important things in our life and I want to tell him that after the bad time there is a good time but me should learn to be brave .
REPLY 7 1 year ago
Anonymous : I actually leant lots of life changing valuable things from Jin. He surely is an upbeat being, always keeps a positive mindset and makes ARMYs happy. He mentions how he can't stand awkwardness amongst members and thus sees things from a brighter side to create a healthy relationship. I purple him so much.
REPLY 8 1 year ago
Anonymous : So heartbreaking.... Much love from a whole army family from the Netherlands. You're always welcome.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : It's very understandable that BTS has lost many things while gaining fame. No matter what BTS I'll always be there for you as an ARMY and as a friend. I don't know about others but if I could help you in any way, I'll be more than glad, cause your music never left me when I was going through a very bad time, I'll be there for you in your good as well as bad time and struggle. With love, ARMY (Vidushi) To,BTS (all 7)
REPLY 9 1 year ago
Anonymous : Seokjin mr. Worldwide handsome lots of love from Indian army
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : That's the sad reality, I wanna give him all the love he deserves.
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : I just love him so much... I wish I could be his friend... But I'm his fan, supporting him no matter what! ALL HAIL WORLDWIDE HANDSOME
REPLY 8 1 year ago