Break The Silence: RM aka Namjoon on why BTS is successful: We're a group of guys who speak the same language

During Break The Silence Ep 4, BTS leader RM revealed how the K-pop band face struggles together and what makes them so successful. Moreover, J-Hope shared how the pressure today for them is a lot less in comparison to the time when they were debuting in 2013.
BTS leader RM spoke candidly about how BTS faces struggles with a united front.BTS leader RM spoke candidly about how BTS faces struggles with a united front.

It's been a crazy seven-year journey for BTS as the K-pop band has catapulted to global success in less than a decade's time. With every album release and every world tour, the septet is achieving goals even they hadn't imagined during their debut. With Break The Silence; BTS' latest docuseries, we're getting an in-depth look at how things have changed for the boyband and how they're dealing with the trials and tribulations that come with fame, fortune and millions of fans.

In Ep 4, which came out a while back, BTS leader RM spoke candidly about how the septet deals with struggles on a collective front and why they're as successful as they are. "I'm sure the members have their own struggles at times. I'm sure that happens, but BTS is a group of guys who speak the same language. So we're able to communicate well. I think that's really important. Since we can understand each other, there's no reason for anyone to bottle things up. We talk among ourselves, even if we don't agree on something. We're able to get through to one another. I think that’s how we've come this far," Namjoon revealed.

Moreover, J-Hope shared how the pressure they feel today is a lot less in comparison to when they were debuting in 2013. "Right, we do it like it's our calling. Actually. the pressure is a lot less lately, compared to when we first started. Before I debuted, or even just after we debuted, I was young then and would often think, I have the experience, so I should step up.' But now, to be honest, the members are doing such a great job. So in terms of that, I don't feel the pressure to lead from the front that much," Hobi confessed.

ALSO READ: Break The Silence: BTS member Jin confesses to losing friends due to fame; ARMY offer their love & support

The rest of the episode focused on the backstage scenario during the Speak Yourself Tour, where the members had to face several difficulties like performing in the rain and extreme cold temperatures. However, for Jungkook, V and Jimin, the major concern was about how ARMY would have to withstand the harsh weather as well. Nonetheless, as we already know, BTS came through with flying colours and put on memorable performances that will forever warm the hearts of the ARMY members present during those epic concerts.

This Day That Year
2019
2017
2016
2015
Anonymous 2 days ago

They are human they have their rights too

Anonymous 1 week ago

Ok, I have to add something on the JK issue, yes he went to the bar, but he wasn't alone, why don't you say something about the others? Yes you shouldn't say anything about anyone of them, beacuse they are humans too!!!! And they went before the pandemic, and before the quarantine time, so they did nothing wrong. We respect BTS and we love and live for BTS! So hater, instead of hating you should learn to love yourself first.!

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I read this article hoping to hear them to be more modest about the success they only sort of earned, and I see that they’re saying all sorts of dumb things to make them seem like “a family” instead of an act, and to make money from their fame. Very disappointing. They themselves are unsatisfactory as an acclaimed band, and their ARMYs are unsatisfactory, too, for thinking they are gods to be worshipped. Also, Jungkook went to a bar in Itaewon during this time. And people respect him and the boy group he represents?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

they don't seem like a family..they ARE family....pls leave them alone.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

The bars and clubs were open and there was no restriction on people visiting the area. There were thousands of people. The first case wasn't even in the same proximity as the boys went to.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

But, why was it open in the first place? If it was open, why was it wrong for them to visit?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I'm not going to say that you should listen their songs and all.. it's just that...we listen them...we appreciate them...we like them... it's all our choice...and you can't stop us...and that jk issue... comparing to their whole success.. because of a small mistake you guys are making them now bad....... it's really true that.. people only want to see mistakes....with a simple mistake you guys started judging them.....great right...good job.... hatter's gonna hate player's gonna play :)

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

He cant go to Thé bar right now because of COVID thats why but He went

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Army shouldn't treat them as gods, and most of them don't, you are right there. But everything else is just your hate towards them. And about the family thing, if they feel like a family let them be, they are a family. Also I don't understand, is JK not allowed to go to the bar or something? And the fact you know so much about them but you don't like them? Why do you spend your time and energy on them? Just stop

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You mean he can't go to the bar?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Seems like it wouldn't have mattered what the article said. You don't like their music. You don't like them. You don't like their fans. You're not going to change your mind. Why not use your energy reading articles about entertainers that you do like? Any suggestions?

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

i appeciate and respect your thought but listen you shouldn't have say that, not all of armys treat BTS like they're Gods. you can judge people overall like that, because everyone have different background. then, about bts being a family like, it's non of our business we're not there when they're happy together and we're not there when they're falling down together, we've nothing to judge about their relitionship, that's their private life. and at last, jungkook's issue. it's not his fault that's why people calling him best boy with purpose it's not his fault since Korea isn't like other country at all they're not in the lockdown like most of us, in addition he went to the bar week before that place officially marked as a postive covid-19.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I love BTS. I am a big fan of RM.I am inspired you you for writing songs.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I love you BTS you are inspired to me for myself think you I love you forever my curse v

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Yeah, They do lots of hard work, and I thanks them for everything because they were the reason to live I love you BTS

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

RM more than once said: "Teamwork makes the dream work!". They are all demonstrating this by listening to each other and working out the differences, no matter how big or small they may be. #방탄소년단RM

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

These young men are amazing....I enjoy watching them....they are my daily entertainment while practicing safe distancing....I'm a person of color and also a senior citizen. Thank u BTS...I'm a fan...love u guys

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

They do so well because they all grew up as parents with a couple of uncles who adopted a couple of young boys. All strangers towards each other but have created a remarkable family. They are very gifted and I wish them nothing but the best. Hopefully they can return to Los Angeles. I would love to take my daughter to their show. Love your music. Great for workout and above all keep LOVING YOURSELF. Bless your hearts. One day you will have your own children and will be wonderful parents. Look at what you created. BTS (bigger than self. Built a FAMILY) a mother's view of you and I thank your parents for the gift of life.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

BTS are incredibly talented and fun to watch.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

How can u say they aren’t humble??? I’m a 57 yr old woman & if they were just shallow, attractive young men, they would not interest me at all but these guys are sooo humble when they come to America compared to our arrogant performers! They bow many, many times to everyone they see!!! When they get awards, all I hear is how thankful they are to the people who got them there & how they appreciate each other. I’m old & I have a degree in psychology...I can read people to know if they’re telling the truth...sounds crazy but it’s true! They aren’t lying when they say those things & that’s what I love about these boys!!! I’ve listened to all the greats for all of my years & I’m an amateur songwriter myself and it’s unbelievably great music but what counts more to me is the lyrics they pen. RM is extremely intelligent so his lyrics are totally on my level and Suga writes very raw emotion...I can really relate to their message, it’s timeless! The repeated theme of when you want to give up, believe in yourself & the song “Not Today” has been an anthem for me as I go through breast cancer! It’s about how maybe one day, something will come along & beat me, like cancer but for today I FIGHT!!! That song literally gives me chills & elevates me so I don’t give up! Have u read their lyrics? Maybe you’re a big fan of another group that u think deserves it more and everyone has the right to their fav. I’m a huge fan of Rain, Big Band, Epic High, Daniel Kan

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

BTS is just glamour and glitter. Literally, nothing more. I read this article hoping they are more humble about what they achieved, but they just are trying to monetize the success that was decided by luck and the fact that everyone finds them hot, not talent.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

They r family. They help each other and treat each other equally. They each talk about their concerns and deal with every problem without being judgemental. They have a bonding relationships.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I think one more big reason for BTS's success is that they have a good bonding and have their own ways to sort things out. Like we've seen in BTS run episodes and how Jin and Tae didn't agree on a dance move and then they talked and made things right. That's how they are connected and we love them for that.(◍•ᴗ•◍)✧*。

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

They honestly just seem so genuine and human. Of course they have problems and struggles like everyone else, but I get the sense that they really are true friends (not just an act as some skeptics have claimed) and that they care about each other. Sure, like all people, they will naturally disagree on things, but wanting to protect a friendship is a real motivator for good communication, and in the end, friendship is more important than total agreement on everything.

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

Bts we were with you we are with you we are going to be with you

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

You are right ,love you bts

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

So much respect for them..

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

MA BOYSS! :insert purple hearts. They have worked really hard to reach the destination they are on. Being able to speak the same language does not mean there are no hardships, collaboration is the hardest part. Well done Boys and Best of Luck!

NOW THAT A GREAT COMMENT‼️

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

No matter what the naysayers say, BTS is heaven sent group of very talented, blessed, intelligent, respectful, very loved handsome, young men who will leave a very positive mark in the world and future generations to come. May they have continued success as long as the “Good Lord says the same” Amen fellas. Keep up the great work, We ARMY out here will always have a place in our Purple Hearts for you all.!!!!!!!

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options