During BTS' recent interview, Jin confessed how his elder brother Kim Seok-jung's restaurant has been affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Read below to know what the 27-year-old singer had to share on the same.
BTS member Jin confesses his elder brother had to sell his car to keep his restaurant running amid COVID 19BTS member Jin confesses his elder brother had to sell his car to keep his restaurant running amid COVID 19

The coronavirus pandemic has led to a very unpleasant 2020 with countries either on quarantine or lockdown mode. Moreover, businesses all over the world are suffering at the hands of COVID-19 with unemployment at an all-time high. When BTS members made an appearance on MBC FM4U radio show Music Camp with veteran radio host Bae Chul-soo, Jin disclosed how his elder brother Kim Seok-jung's restaurant is amongst the many to be affected by the pandemic, which is still rampant in South Korea.

For the unversed, Seok-jung had opened a Japanese restaurant in Seoul in 2018 with himself as the owner and Jin as the director. Explaining the predicament his brother is in, Jin confessed, "My brother’s in the food business and it’s difficult lately because of the COVID-19 situation. We’ve been meeting up a lot and putting our heads together to figure out how to improve things. So I think I can understand to some degree what a lot of people are going through because of COVID-19.," via Soompi.

"He even sold his car to supplement his business. It made my heart ache, so I’ve been trying to come up with ways to help," the Moon singer added.

BTS ARMY was left heartbroken over Jin's confession and took to Twitter to share a lot of love for his brother's restaurant hyping people up to visit it. They also applauded the Kim brothers for standing on their own two feet even at the face of adversity.

ALSO READ: BTS member Jin makes a handsome appearance at his elder brother's wedding; RM and J Hope mark their presence

Meanwhile, during the same interview, when the members were asked to pick one artist who had the biggest influence on them musically, Jin revealed via Soompi, "The people who’ve really been a big influence on me are the members of BTS. It was thanks to them that I started doing music and was able to write songs too. Also, since they’re the ones who are most often singing by my side, they’ve been the biggest influence on me."

Stay updated with the latest entertainment,fashion and lifestyle news. Get our Newsletter

Anonymous 4 days ago

"Why not just give hm money?" 1. If someone just wanted to be given money, by his famous little brother no less, he would not have bothered starting his own business. 2. Restaurants are among the hardest businesses; many shut down after a year or two even without a pandemic. 3. You can't just "give money" to "save" a restaurant. A restaurant needs to be in business, and having customers filling the place and keeping the kitchen busy is how a restaurant stays in business. Taking money alone does not keep the business actually GOING.

Anonymous 4 days ago

Must be one of those very expensive cars worth millions

Anonymous 4 days ago

Probably an expensive car worth millions and probably one of many expensive vehicles he owns..

Anonymous 6 days ago

Where are the sources?

Anonymous 6 days ago

Read comments first b4 judging!!!

Anonymous 6 days ago

Jin didn't give Money! Don't go around judging him. FIRST: Restaurant needs Customers not just money. U can't save a failing restaurant with just money. SECOND: Jin can only help him by giving money when His brother asks for it, which is difficult since His brother is older so he might not ask for help especially in the lane of money. He might want to be self reliant. Don't Judge When u don't know the situation. Also it's between the two, not our business.

Anonymous 6 days ago

Btssssss

Anonymous 6 days ago

Why couldn't Jin give the money?

Anonymous 6 days ago

It might be because His Elder brother wants to be self reliant. Also Jin can give money only when his brother asks for it. Since he is elder , he might not ask for it, especially for money even tho Jin is director of restaurant. Also it will need customers not just money.

Anonymous 6 days ago

Bcoz Jin can only give money when his elder brother asks for it. It isn't easy to ask for help especially in the lane of money. Also the reason why he haven't given money might be bcoz his brother wants to be self reliant or some other reason which is between the two brothers.(None of our business). Also Restaurant needs customers too not just money.

Anonymous 6 days ago

Omg at least he’s helping ok

Anonymous 6 days ago

Good mentality he is trying to solve his own problems with his own hands. I'm sure Jin want to help he's even revealing it but people should rely on their own ability. Growing the mentality of someone in my family is rich so if I screw up or need help I can just turn to them will turn you into trash. My bfs parents is millionaire. They own land, buildings, factories. Their parent is retired sitting on a lot of money. But my bf and his brothers are borrowing loan from bank for their house and car. Doing everything like everyone else. My bfs brother runs a small cafe and borrowed money from his parent but monthly he pays back to his parents like he would pay a bank. Maybe when his parents dies they will get the money and give to their children I don't know. But they have the same mentality doesn't use what's not earned by their own hands.

Anonymous 6 days ago

Exactly...Jin is a millionaire...why can't he give atleast some money to his brother if he is really showing affection

Anonymous 6 days ago

The way we interpret things sure varies. The restaurant is a business, giving him money doesnt bring in customers. To me he meant they incurred a loss due to the pandemic.

Anonymous 7 days ago

Big hit doesnt control them that much, namjoon just spent 50k on a painting.

Anonymous 7 days ago

Permanent solution to this is, people should start visiting the Restaurant. And that's why Jin may be trying to help his brother by putting it across people.... Only money cannot save the restaurant.

Anonymous 7 days ago

I don't know what to write but I want to tell you my opinion. Kim Seok jung is doing his job and he don't want to disturb his brother. If I was him I also won't ask him for money or any help. Jun's brother want to be independent. He don't want to be burden for his brother. I think the problem is of customers. When there will be no customers then loss will happen. I also have a small restaurant. I am also having same problem. I can relate him. I am also having loss but I am not asking for help to my family because I want to be independent. I think Kim Soek jung is doing right but it will have large loss. But Jin is trying to help his hyung.

Anonymous 7 days ago

The word confess means that somebody did something wrong. They should use revealed or talked about, instead of confess. And Jin cannot give his Elder brother money unless he asks for it

Anonymous 7 days ago

Get his customers to order, to have deliver to there home. Like they do here in California. We use door dash, uber eats, there are others. It will keep the business going.

Anonymous 7 days ago

I think if Jin is your Bias. Once COVID-19 is over just go to his brother's restaurant. Donate right to him. Specially if you live in Korea.

Anonymous 7 days ago

Now is "the company doesn't let them spend a lot of money!" but when bts make generous donations they have 100% control over their money and did it by themselves. I do believe that bts members are great people that enjoy donating to charity but you armys are hypocritical as hell. Don't pretend like you know something about how big hit manages bts money just to not make Seokjin look bad, it's embarrassing.

Anonymous 7 days ago

Exactly. I agree with you. The reason he hasn't given money would be different, we may not know, so we can't judge.

Anonymous 7 days ago

The point is to go eat at the restaurant.

Anonymous 7 days ago

So people are saying that Jin probably offered money to his brother but Seokjung denied because of pride basically (even tho it says here that Jin is director of the restaurant) and then give the bs idea of making a fundraiser for helping him???? Wth he didn't accepted money from his own brother, what make you think that he would accept a bunch of money from fans of his brother. Going to the restaurant and supporting it is the decent thing to do.

Anonymous 7 days ago

Keep up your spirits jin things will work out i will keep u and your family in my prayers peace and love Vanessa us

Anonymous 7 days ago

I'm sure Jin must have tried to help his brother with money. We should think from his brother's point of view as well. Though it's not a big deal to get some help from little brother but just like every one of us he also have some pride and responsibilities of being first kid of the family. I really think he didn't took financial help from his brother because he was confident that he will overcome this crisis by his own.

Anonymous 7 days ago

This is ridiculous cry for sympathy. Jin makes $$$$millions, he’s the director of his brother’s restaurant and he doesn’t help??! What a cheapskate!!

Anonymous 7 days ago

Only narrow-minded people would dare to judge them not knowing the whole story and the culture in their country. Grow up.

Anonymous 7 days ago

You don't have the right to judge them bcoz u don't know the whole story and don't know the family dynamics in their country. Only narrow-minded people would demand that they be given money if they need it.

Anonymous 7 days ago

You don't know the situation so why are you judging him. Didn't he say that he also tried to help, maybe his brother didn't tell him befor selling his car.Please know your limits and donot interfere in someone else's family matter/private buisness as it is upto them to keep their buisness going

Anonymous 7 days ago

He can give money only when his brother asks .

Anonymous 7 days ago

Lol. Instead of calling names and judging ppl I think you should try to understand the situation they are in. He is older than Jin so why would he take money from him. He wants to be self dependent. Also Jin can give him money only when his brother asks.

Anonymous 7 days ago

Instead of just judging someone and being dumb it would be better if you try to understand their situation. His brother is older than him so why would he take money from his younger brother. His brother wants to be self dependent.

Anonymous 7 days ago

His brother is older than him and in Korea elder don't take help from the younger. His brother wants to be self dependent. Don't you think giving would be his first step? U shouldn't go on judging ppl when u don't know their situation.

Anonymous 7 days ago

I agree with you 10000%!!!!! He wants ARMY to help his own brother out, what a cheapskate!!!

Anonymous 7 days ago

I watched the show with English subs. Thought Jin looked stressed because other restaurant owners may be going through what his brother is going through. If he found workable solution for his brother it could possibly be applied to other owners. Just my personal opinion.

Anonymous 7 days ago

We don't know their situation..maybe he's already helping but if customers don't come, there's nothing you can do but keep paying for the leasing of the space and utilities..just hope everything picks up soon..

Anonymous 7 days ago

Those who are saying "Jin's hella rich, he can give money to him", shut up! I'm pretty sure that he can do that and wants to. But there's something that's stopping him from that. Perhaps the company doesn't let him spend too much money. Also, his elder brother might not want to ask his younger brother for money. He wants to be independent. Why y'all don't get it?!

Anonymous 7 days ago

Why don't YOU get it !!!!

Anonymous 7 days ago

Exactly it's their family matter why we need to get deep into it. If any of the ARMY'S who are residing in Seoul could him by visiting his restaurant or by just getting it delivered that's pretty simple. Even seokjin would love it

Anonymous 1 week ago

JIN WOULD LOVE TO GIVE BUT THTS NIT THE REASON IN ASIA IF LESS CUSTOMERS COME THE PLACE SHUTS DOWN ..

Anonymous 1 week ago

I think the members may not have total control over their money. They often donate to charity, tho.

Anonymous 1 week ago

True. The reason might be different that we may not know but this reason is ridiculous.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Bruh so when they donate they have full control but in situations like this they suddenly don't? They spend much more money on art f.e or on clothes, technical stuff and you want to tell me that all of that is controlled by big hit. Get a grip

Anonymous 1 week ago

Jin is rich then he could give money to his own brother.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Sis Jin can give money only when his brother asks for it. If his brother is a person with higg self respect he wouldn't take money from him. He wouldn't take money from him bcoz he is older than him.

Anonymous 1 week ago

His brother is older than him. In Korea elders don't ask younger for help. He wants to be self dependent. Giving money would have been the first step by Jin, Don't you think? He is trying to find other ways to help his brother tho. Also we can't judge someone as we don't know their situation.

Anonymous 1 week ago

People who are saying “oh jins rich why can’t he give money to his brother” shut the heck up don’t be stupid and assume crap because we all ARMY know how kind jin is and ofc most likely offered money but his brother denied i know if it was me and my sister i would not let her give me a large sum of money. Pipe down.

You shut the heck up

Anonymous 1 week ago

Instead of asking Jin why he is not helping, BTS ARMY can visit their restaurant or order for takeout. This way everyone gets what they need.. Jin's brother gets help, ARMY gets food and Jin can see ARMY's love for him...

Anonymous 1 week ago

We can't assume things. Maybe Jin did offer to help but his brother but he refused. If he didnt want to help then he wouldn't even open up to the public.

Yes you are right

Yes you are right

Anonymous 1 week ago

People should not think that are Jinnie is not helping his brother it is maybe because in korea people are very self dependant also he is the younger brother Idk how he feels but maybe he wants to help but can't he is doing whatever he can he also made a statement that whenever he is free he talks to his brothers about his Restraurent and stuff you can never deny the fact that he cares a lot about people around him and about the family we all care for them .

Anonymous 1 week ago

I thought this also, why Jin doesn't give him some money? And then I remembered that in Korea the oldest people in general, especially brothers and sisters have this pride thing, they are inclined to fend for themselves, they don't accept things like this especially from younger siblings. We'll never really understand it, it's their culture. Of course Jin is helping too in every way he can, but his brother of course wants to get out of this in his own terms.

Anonymous 1 week ago

It's great that his brother do not want Jin's help when jin is literally a million are. He just wanna do on his own which is very inspiring. You should not ask for others help until you could make on your own. I am so proud of Jin's brother.

Anonymous 1 week ago

In korea, people refrain from taking financial help from their family as it hurts their pride. And in business one should avoid using their personal savings for keeping the business going and actually try to find other methods to improve things. We dont even kbow the whole thing maybe his brother refused to take his help and wanted to do things in his ways. We never know what the truth can be and by saying that jin being a multimillionaire he is not even helping his brother, we are hurting him for telling us the truth and making it worse or maybe even effecting the kim brothers relationship.

Anonymous 1 week ago

What if ARMYS could make a fundraiser so that ARMYS from all over the world could donate and give the money to Jin's brother

Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm sure he offered but his brother wants that to do well on his own. So he is stubborn and wants it to be something he can be proud of Just support by buying take out meals or if he has the funds delivery. Until covid is contained with outdoor tables 6' apart. Umbrellas for sunny days. It's expensive to set that up so request take out Where his restaurant is. Support his family..

Shut up

Anonymous 1 week ago

Jin is HELLA RICH. He can surely give money to his fam, can't he?

Anonymous 1 week ago

Korean people loves their self reliance and even don't ask money from parents. Its something with me also I really don't ask for help if I can manage by myself even when my brother or parents want to help. I don't feel comfortable. And Jin is younger,and Korean hierarchy is very important culture. So maybe jin couldn't offer it and even if offered his hyung may deny it. And I believe they got more than one vehicle..☺️☺️☺️☺️

Anonymous 1 week ago

He may be rich but maybe his brother doesn't want to ask or get money. Koreans are very self dependent, and I know if I was him I won't ask for help when it comes to moneyfrom my younger brother.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Honey south korean taxes is pretty ugly

True

Anonymous 1 week ago

Why can't Jin give him the money to save the restaurant, he's rich.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Yea! I was thinking the same too! He’s rich and can spare some money for his family.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Baffling hey .. strange that he would even mention it , why would he need to sell his car when jin could give him the money alternatively get a bank loan , unless it's an expensive car worth millions and he has more than 1 car. It's perhaps an expensive sports car , lamborghini or Porsche etc and not the ordinary car .

Anonymous 1 week ago

he can give money but he is yonger brother and doesn't want to do anything that can possibly hurt his hyung emotions he is very understanding, no one likes to ask for money from their younger brother or sister

Anonymous 1 week ago

Jin cannot give money openly or directly, we aren't even sure if jin had his own money. I know that they're billionares but maybe the money we see from them is the money of the company. Idrk what im saying right now lol HAHAHAHA

Anonymous 1 week ago

sebab dia dgn abg nya mau berdikari

Anonymous 1 week ago

He is rich but BTS gives money to charity’s, organizations, and part of what they get goes to Big Hit.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Business doesn't work just with money, they need to figure out how to bring in more people. If you just pump money into a business which isn't doing great, you will be just wasting away investment. And it's quite obvious, due to covid-19 business is down, hence they just sold the car to keep it afloat until pandemic is over. There's no need for Jin to get involved just yet.

Vedade

Anonymous 1 week ago

It's clear from the article itself, his brother wanted to stand on his own feet... Soo he might first wanted to sort by his own asset, if he won't able to figure out then he will go for help

Anonymous 1 week ago

Maybe hes brother doesnt want to take handouts

Anonymous 1 week ago

That's exactly what I thought.....he is a millionaire...why can't ke give his brother some money atleast

Anonymous 1 week ago

Ok, some people don't want to do that because they feel like they're a burden and they feel like they need to do things on her own like they don't accept any help from anybody because it makes them feel like they can't do anything, and they want to show people that they can be successful on their own I'm sure that Jin would definitely help him out but I don't think his brother would appreciate that or want that because if he did want that he probably would have asked jin to do something bigger long before. But that's how a lot of people are in Korea

Anonymous 1 week ago

Giving him money doesn't bring in customers, the restaurant is a business so overall due to the pandemic they incurred a loss.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Giving him money doesn't bring in customers, the issue here is the pandemic

Anonymous 1 week ago

Actually he's the older brother so he can't just take money like that from his younger brother. There's also self respect. His brother is probably one of those hard working ones who would do as much as they could on their own rather asking for help. It's also not about the ego guys, it's a matter of self-respect. Then again Jin can't just go like "brother I can give u money if u need" this type of things don't happen in Korea nd also in the southern part of Asia. It means to "indirectly" say to ur elders that they r incapable nd that you're looking down on them.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Maybe his brother doesnt want to take much money from him...you shouldnt judge someone based on your opinions especially if you dont even know anything about them and their relationship to each other...

Anonymous 1 week ago

Maybe his brother has been adamant to NOT take anything from Jin? I'm sure Jin would have offered to help. But I'm also sure as Jin's older brother, he may have felt like he wouldn't want Jin to bail him out. And that's fine and healthy.

Anonymous 1 week ago

See do you think that jin might not have tried to help his own brother? I think that his own brother might have rejected help from his younger brother cause jin is younger than him and mostly elder siblings don't want to rely or you can say be dependent over the youngers. Soo i think that even tho Jin might have tried to help but his brother would have said no........sometimes its not about being rich, sometimes the position of relationship also matters.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Jin whole family is rich..like super rich. His brother could save himself actually. Unless their parents have them get successful on their own..probably better for a man to stand or fall on his own.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Honestly I wouldn't have liked if my richer sibling would have tried to spent money on my problems , until unless I'd ask for it .

Anonymous 1 week ago

Yes ,I was thinking the same.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Jin said that he is doing what he can to help his brother and the restaurant. Normally Elder ppl don't ask for help from younger ppl . Also it isn't easy to ask for help from anyone even if it is your sibling

Anonymous 1 week ago

He told hes trying to help as much as he can .. maybe his older bro didn't want jin to know about his difficulties...because he didn't want to bother him

Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm sure he is helping to his elder brother,why not he is his elder brother man from his own family and problem is not only money customers are not coming it's happen to anybody just you have to work up remember the thought's what BTS had said to us Jin's elder brother have to do that thing too. So I want to say that don't left it just work hard we all army's know that he can do.

Anonymous 1 week ago

he literally co-owns the restaurant. we don’t know the full story or situation. i’m assuming he is doing what he can

Anonymous 1 week ago

Maybe because both brothers are self dependent. And jin Is trying to help in his own way. Remember the way jin helped the member of law of the jungle when he was in need, now the person in need is his own elder brother How would he Leave him alone with his problems definitely jin Would help him.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I don't think it works like that. As everyone is affected by this pandemic so is BTS. They had a whole tour planned and later cancelled which they ultimately could’ve lost millions of dollars, due to the pandemic. And who knows maybe Jin offered to give money and his brother declined. Such assumptions as these should be fully eradicated.

Anonymous 1 week ago

It isn't so easy to ask a sibling for money, and when Jin hyung wud have got to know about it, ofc he must have given it

Anonymous 1 week ago

The brother probably wants to stand on his own

Anonymous 1 week ago

They probably have personal issues

Anonymous 1 week ago

I don’t think so it’s the money problem I think the problem is if customers don’t come the restaurant closes ... it happens in Asia a lot...

Anonymous 1 week ago

Because if you were a true army you would've know that big hit entertainment doesn't allow the bts member to spend money as much as they want yes he could've been an helping hand but bcuz of the agreement they're not suppose to spend money as the entertainment provide them with pocket money. And the last time when jhope spended millions on donating it cause an issue

Anonymous 1 week ago

It's because he is jin's elder brother and in Korean culture people don't usually take help from people who are younger also his brother got married recently. It wouldn't be good for Jin's brother to take money from his younger brother or father (who is a CEO) to run his family. His brother is independent and takes pride in it

Anonymous 1 week ago

We all know he could...but if his older brother is like most of the people I know who are the elders in the family they do not ever ask for help as they want to take care of whatever the problem is themselves.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Dint he say, he tried to find out ways to help him. That could be one of them. But giving money directly can also look offending. His brother did what he did to keep his own self respect. Which is applauding. I am sure he wouldnt have asked before selling his car.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Since jin is under a company, there might be rules and regulations to be followed Or his elder brother did not wanted to give burden upon jin.

Anonymous 1 week ago

What if he gave but still they can't cop up? Like for running a restaurant you need a lot of money

Anonymous 1 week ago

O yeah u r right It was not a big deal to help our own brother

Same thoughts

Anonymous 1 week ago

Maybe because in korea people are very self dependant and don't want to rely on others even for economic neccesities

Anonymous 1 week ago

But as the director of the restaurant, he should also contribute for the restaurant

Anonymous 1 week ago

Or maybe ARMYS could make a fundraiser where ARMYS from all over the world could donate and give the money to Jin's brother.

Might be some problem

Anonymous 1 week ago

This shows that his brother doesn't depend on Jin.

He is helping, right

Anonymous 1 week ago

Even I was thinking that lol

Anonymous 1 week ago

You can't just randomly give money, untill the other person asks for it.

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options