Crash Landing on You star Son Ye Jin set to make her Hollywood debut opposite Sam Worthington in Cross?

Updated on Jul 06, 2020 04:33 PM IST  |  6.4M

Parasite star Lee Sun-kyun has also been approached to star in Cross.

In some amazing news for Son Ye-jin fans, the Crash Landing on You star is set to make her Hollywood debut soon if a report by Star News, via Soompi, is to be believed. The actress will be starring opposite Sam Worthington of Avatar fame in Cross, which is being directed by Andrew Niccol of The Truman Show fame. Furthermore, it is also being reported that Parasite star Lee Sun-kyun has been offered a role in the upcoming film.

When it comes to the storyline, the sci-fi film is said to be about a multiracial country, which gets split into two sides; the wealthy nation and the poor nation. Ye-jin will be seen as Vera, a woman who lives near the border inside the poor nation whose husband dies while trying to escape to the wealthy side. For now, Vera is alone as a single mother to her son. On the other hand, Sun-kyun will play Gideon, chief of the border protection team while Sam will be playing a character from the wealthy nation.

While Ye-jin's agency confirmed that the actress will be starring in Cross unless there are any huge changes, Sun-kyun's agency revealed that the actor has not yet come to a decision to starring in the film.

Interestingly, Cross has been in development for over a decade with Niccol intrigued to shoot the movie in Korea with Korean actors after visiting the country last year. Korea is the only divided nation in the world and hence, Andrew took inspiration from the country. Moreover, Niccol is said to have personally reached out to Ye-jin himself to star in his film.

Are you excited to see Son Ye-jin and Lee Sun-kyun in Cross alongside Sam Worthington? Let us know your views in the comments section below.

Cross is expected to begin shooting in Korea in March 2021.

Comments
Anonymous : Good luck Son Ye Jin! Don’t be intimidated by these Hollywood actors. You’re so great an actress, full deserving of this big break! Continue to be humble, sweet and super kind! I will support you. I love you to be HB’s sweetheart!❤️❤️❤️
REPLY 2 1 year ago
Anonymous : Son Ye Jin with her passion for perfection, will definitely succeed. No doubt, SYJ will bring Chungmuro excellence in Hollywood. In an era to have diversity and inclusiveness and to end racism, the "Cross" movie will hopefully, not just tackle about the "crossing the border of divided nation of wealthy and poor" but will also tackle the issue of BLM ( I am hoping that there will be a lead african american actor-Samuel Jackson caliber). "Cross" movie needs to be well represented.... As an Asian -American, I am extremely proud of SYJ as she conquers a big budget, yet socially relevant movie (Gattacca has previously discussed issues of genetic superiority). There are other female Asian noteworthy, most recently Liu Yifei for Mulan (previously in cartoon -voice of Lea Salonga-Broadway diva), however characters of lead female Asians are based on their race/representation (even Tang Wei of Blackhat and Constance Wu of Crazy Rich Asians). I am with positive thoughts that the "Cross" movie and SYJ's role as non-korean will address issues of racial or ethnic disparities, social determinants, and understand the relationship between how population groups (wealthy and poor nation) experience “place” and the impact of “place” and learn how to adapt and co-exist in a divided nation.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Son Ye Jin will be perfect for the role. She is an amazing actress with so much talent. The other Korean actor will also be very good
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Son Ye Jin. U go girl! All the best with Hollywood, trust u to make us proud! Hyun bin must be proud of u also
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : I can't wait, they are both awesome korean actors be good to see them in a Hollywood film. Hope they do speak korean it's a beautiful language. Like that shes starring with Sam Worthington too.
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : Looking forward to it! Good for SYJ! I love her!
REPLY 7 1 year ago
Anonymous : Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin❤
REPLY 9 1 year ago
Anonymous : When this hollywood breakout movie of Ye-Jin hits Philippine cinemas, I wil definitely watch it with invited friends to support her :)) Knowing how meticulous Son Ye Jin is in picking her work, I'm sure I won't go home disappointed with the storyline and her acting prowess! ♡♡♡♡ Sarangheyo, Unnie!
REPLY 10 1 year ago
Anonymous : Go go go Son ye jin❤❤❤❤❤❤. You are the best❤❤❤❤❤❤Your fan from New Zealand
REPLY 9 1 year ago
Anonymous : Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin should be together in that movie. Come on Hollywood, get Hyun Bin too!!!!
REPLY 7 1 year ago
Anonymous : I'm from Australia..Son ji is the Nicole Kidman of South Korea! It's a once in a lifetime opportunity as an Asian Actress to be offered and starring role in a Hollywood movie.
REPLY 10 1 year ago
Anonymous : I'm from Australia too and I watch all of Korean tv shows All there music I just love them there are a lot of great actors and musios in korea.well done can't wait to see it.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Very excited to see this upcoming movie. Son Ye-jin is a top level actress. Adam is very good as well.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : I been waiting on hers or hyun bin to start their Hollywood debut here. To be honest i thought him before her. Congrats to Son. .Waiting on lee min ho and lee seung gi to hit Hollywood too. ❤
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : I am a Singaporean fan of you. Congratulations ! I am so proud of you been a Hollywood star soon. I am sure Hyun Bin is proud of you too. You are my best superstar actress. I love you so much. Keep it up! Don't miss this opportunity.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : Looking forward to see Ye Jin in Hollywood movies. She's such a great actress.
REPLY 7 1 year ago
Anonymous : Wonderful for So Ye Jin she is a very good actress !
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Wow! What a great opportunity & big break for you Miss Son Ye Jin..Looking forward for this movie..Surely all your fans around the globe are excited..
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : i rather have hyun bin as her partner. they look on screen and have good chemistry portraying their roles.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : I think it will be a block buster with these two looking forward to seeing Son Ye in an American made movie. I can imagine the response it will receive.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : Wow! So excited to see her on the big screen. She will also be great as a Bond Girl.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : I'm so excited and so looking forward to seeing this amazing movie
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Please don't forget that the island of Ireland is a divided nation too with a history of cultural and social strife arising from this partition.
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : Well said
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : Ireland is divided into north and south with a border, but travel to and from both sides is not restricted at all and both sides live more or less in harmony
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : An australian actor plus this talented beautiful girl. I like her, I'm hoping forward for their project. She is a one if a kind girl, extra ordinary girl. Her CLOY kdrama is one of the best. GO GO GO Se Ri
REPLY 8 1 year ago
Anonymous : She is good. Excited
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : SYJ, perfect actress. Can't wait to watch!
REPLY 7 1 year ago
Anonymous : Yess.....perfect actress
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : Great newd gor Son Hye Jin
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : Great news for Son Hje Jin God bless always
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hyun bin is the perfect character and match always with sonye Hyun bin plssss
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Sam Worthington is a great Australian actor. I like all his films.
REPLY 2 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hope to see it be for I die.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : What’s wrong
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : What's wrong with you?, please say something, and let us know if it was a passing comment.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Probably yes but I want hyun bin as her partner in that movies. It will be more successful movie happen in that year..if crash landing was successful, how much more in that movies?
REPLY 8 1 year ago
Anonymous : Uurghhh please Hyun bin yucks. SYJ is better with others
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Excited!!!! SyJ absolutely will rock hollywood! Great actress ❤
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hope the language used are all in English. It would seem absurd if one party speaks English & the other party replied in Korean.
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : Im sure it will be...they are not the first korean actors in Hollywood..lol. Hell Worthington is a forigner to...avatar and clash of the Titans...etc
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : The movie will be shot in S.Korea so expect Korean & English languages being used.
REPLY 0 1 year ago