Gal Gadot REFUSED a sexualised Wonder Woman scene in Justice League but Joss Whedon did it with a body double?

After Ray Fisher opened about Joss Whedon's behaviour on the sets of Justice League, a reporter has claimed Gal Gadot refused to film a scene sexualising Wonder Woman.

Justice League star Ray Fisher seems to have opened a floodgate after he called out Joss Whedon for his on-set behaviour. For the unversed, The Avengers and Avengers: Age of Ultron director was handed the duties to reshoot and complete the Justice League after Zack Snyder's exit. The actor recently took to Twitter and deemed the director's ‘gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable' behaviour during filming. Following his claims, a new disturbing in connection with Wonder Woman actress Gal Gadot has surfaced online.

Reporter Grace Randolph has added a few tweets to the string of claims. Citing the scene wherein The Flash lands on Wonder Woman's body, to add an element of humour amid a fight scene, the reporter has claimed that Gadot was against shooting the scene. Instead of excluding the sexualised scene, Whedon proceeded to film the scene anyway with the help of a body double.

“I doubt we’ll ever get specifics from Ray Fisher re Joss Whedon, but here’s one I was the first to report: Gal Gadot didn’t want to film this scene, so Whedon did it w/ a stunt double. That’s why you can’t see her face,” Randolph wrote. Photographer Jason Laboy, who worked with Fisher, added to the tweet to highlight that Whedon threatened to her career.“Don’t forget to add that he locked her in a room and threatened her career if she didn’t do the scene. That is very important and should not be omitted," his tweet claimed.

A fan pointed out that Whedon included a similar instance in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Marvel Cinematic Universe fans would remember a scene where Bruce Banner landed on Scarlett Johansson's Natasha Romanoff in a portion of the superhero movie. The new update on the controversy just adds to Whedon's troubles, who was previously called out for sexualising Wonder Woman in his first script, before the project was handed to Patty Jenkins.

For those who don't remember, back in 2017, Whedon's Wonder Woman script was leaked online and it grossed the hell out of fans. The director had described the female superhero as, "elemental, as natural and wild as the luminous flora surrounding. Her dark hair waterfalls to her shoulders in soft arcs and curls. Her body is curvaceous, but taut as a drawn bow … She is barefoot,” as reported by The Cut.

Another portion of the script read, "Then she moves her back leg and turns, fluidly, a curve rippling up her body as she folds into a dance that is sensual, ethereal, and wickedly sexy.” Back in 2018, Whedon defended his script in an interview with Variety. He said, "I don’t know which parts people didn’t like, but … I think it’s great. People say that it’s not woke enough. I think they’re not looking at the big picture.” We legit have shivers running down our spine while writing this.

The developments from the sets of Justice League came after Fisher tweeted, "Joss Wheadon’s on-set treatment of the cast and crew of Justice League was gross, abusive, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable. He was enabled, in many ways, by Geoff Johns and Jon Berg. Accountability>Entertainment".

However, the actor cannot reveal more details due to the non-disclosure agreement he has signed. During a recent Instagram Live, as reported by Comicbook.com, the actor revealed, "I am still very much under contract and I am still very much under Non-Disclosure Agreement. So I've got to be very careful about what I say and how I say it, otherwise I can get sued into oblivion. So just a disclaimer there. For the folks who were looking for more specifics in the moment right now, I'm sorry that I cannot give them to you in the moment right now."

"Just gotta make sure all your ducks are laid out in a row so you can go ahead and handle the situation appropriately so you don't end up being, outside of professionally liable, legally liable for anything that could be litigious or whatever that would be. This will take some time, we will get it done, we will win, and then we'll be able to move on in the world. That's it," he said.

What do you think of the controversy? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

Anonymous 8 months ago

Gal Gadots career will always be on the rise. She has arrived at super stardom. Hopefully we will not hear of Joss Whedon ever involved in another movie!

Anonymous 8 months ago

I was low-key shocked at the consistently crude sexualization of Wonder Woman in that movie, and that scene was pretty egregious. I'm glad she refused such a stupid 'wish fulfillment/fantasy' scene, it was a considerable insult to the character.

Anonymous 8 months ago

Have any of you seen her Gucci commercial ? So why all the literary noise ?

Anonymous 8 months ago

I'll be honest, I'm a little old fashioned. For me scenes like that are pointless. It feels like a lazy attempt at humor. I loved some of the romantic scenes in aquaman. But to me when a scene is sensual just for the sake of being sensual without adding anything to character or plot just creates an awkward moment for me. Like if I landed on a woman like that would it be funny? Maybe a little, embarrassing yes, awkward? Absolutely. I like heroes that show a few more noble traits. Cheers to an actress for having standards.

Anonymous 8 months ago

I think it sounds like an actor trying to destroy a popular director's life. I personally love Joss Whedons work. No one is perfect. If we only allow perfect people to make art then we will end up with some very boring movies. Also, why don't they go after the musicians making music that treats women like shit for awhile. Joss Whedon hasn't done anything that horrible in my opinion. Leave him alone.

Anonymous 8 months ago

Yeesh, as if Joss is the first person to EVER "sexualize" someone in a movie? Well, except for the OTHER 5 MILLION TIMES it's been done!! What about in Thor when the women are constantly ogling him when he is shirtless and touching his muscles while he is unconscious? How is that ANY effing different? Dont hear people up in arms about that. Utterly RIDICULOUS

Anonymous 8 months ago

If any of this is true, I'd still imagine that the 'locked me in my room' part is straight out of CIVIL WAR, so there's some legitimate concern that it could just be internet nerd war BS. I was expecting it to be about "Hi Barry, I'm Diana" or AQUAMAN& the lasso but here we are & I can't picture the scene from the tweet picture

Anonymous 8 months ago

It's messed up if he locked her in a room & threatened her career no doubt but they brought Weedon in to make it more MCU & less dark. I think it's funny all this stuff is coming up as The Synder Cut news is getting warmed up. I in no way woulda liked to see a WW movie under Weedon's direction. It sounds horrible but this article is going over board. Click bait..

Anonymous 8 months ago

I'm sorry this is OT, but have we just completely abandoned the idea of trying to properly edit writing for web content? This is nearly unreadable.

Anonymous 8 months ago

Thanks for pointing that out! I completely agree. It's definitely something I've noticed in this article and many others these days and it's pretty sad

Anonymous 8 months ago

He locked her in a room and threatened her career? If that actually happened, wouldn't she have spoke out about it long before now? And if she was scared to, wouldn't she have at least told one of her cast mayes? And then that person would likely have spoke out. This sounds like utter BS fabricated out of some kind of dc vs marvel hate. I think its disgusting the way people are trying to ruin whedon just for the sake of "news".

Anonymous 8 months ago

You are so fu***ing right

Anonymous 8 months ago

No contract can protect a criminal act. Period.

Anonymous 8 months ago

I think not. They can use the excuse of the "non-disclosure agreement" all they want, but if Joss had done as claimed, it would have been a criminal act, and reporting that would have superceded any agreement. All she had to do was say, "I was locked in a room and held against my will for refusing to do a scene," and she wouldn't have disclosed a thing. These claims are highly suspect.

Anonymous 8 months ago

clearly you have no idea how non-disclosure agreements work. the thing with DC and marvel movies these days is they can do whatever they want on setand get away with the majority of it by hiding behind non-disclosure agreements. they can say all that gives away the secrets of the movie and spoils it for the fan so you're not allowed to talk about this until your contract is up and you are done playing the character.

Anonymous 8 months ago

Maybe people should stop getting so bent out of shape about a bad science fiction movie. Get a life people.

Anonymous 8 months ago

An actress won't do a pg rated scene, where both actors are clothed and there's absolutely no intimacy, wasting everyone's time and the films money but the director is the bad guy?

Anonymous 8 months ago

Maybe not a bad guy but his writing is tacky, and he seems to pull the same cheap trick in multiple movies. Not to mention the alleged threat to gal if that's true.

Anonymous 8 months ago

Thank you for being rational. This woke narrative needs to go away.

Anonymous 8 months ago

yes ray is right we don't need this crap in the movies

Anonymous 8 months ago

Well, good for her! It's her rights to protect her body. I hope she'll continue to do what is right and show a good role model for young girls around the world. Gal Gadot, you GO girl!

Anonymous 8 months ago

Sounds like his behavior as a director was as inexcusable as the rest of Hollywood... Buuuuuut. The emotional drama you're trying to inject into a script that is neither lewd not demeaning is ridiculous. Furthermore, gal gadot is not the owner of the character she plays on screen. Why you've chosen to assinate Whedon's character for the choice of using a body double and not target the directors and hollywood moguls for pressuring all directors to sexualize ANY and EVERY Female character is a gross misuse of platform and page.

Wow. Spell check, maybe? smh

Anonymous 8 months ago

If you think it's no big deal because it was a body double... Consider it was you as a star of the film and a body double double was used and let's say ahem the person was not quite up to size (I'm pretty sure it's only men who thinks it's ok). Now everyone thinks that undersized person is you.

Anonymous 8 months ago

I see both of you missed any relevant points of all of it. Regardless of all the garbage you just said. They had to deal with someone they didn't like to deal with and were put through things no one in any circumstances should have to deal with.... How you two missed it says alot about who you are and your ability to understand any human conditions that are scrutinizing or un acceptable!

Anonymous 8 months ago

Yup thanks for saying it. His behavior sounds disgusting. Yet the bias was just dripping off the article. The script you share was gross in a r/menwritingwoman way. Not in the extreme way you described as barely being able to finish the article

Anonymous 8 months ago

I completely agree with you.