It's Okay to Not Be Okay: Park Kyu Young REVEALS why she was thankful to work with Kim Soo Hyun & Seo Ye Ji

11 months ago  |  8.9M

It's been a week since viewers had to bid adieu to It's Okay to Not Be Okay, a series which was very profound, realistic as it spoke candidly about mental health. Starring Kim Soo-hyun, Seo Ye-ji and Oh Jung-se, the 2020 K-drama found a loyal fanbase who would tune in every weekend to be welcomed to Moon Gang-tae, Ko Mun-yeong and Oh Jung-se's complex lives. Moreover, Park Kyu-young played the sweet, innocent colleague of Gang-tae, who harboured an unrequited crush for him. In the latter half of the season, fans really fell in love with her character.

In a recent interview with Xportsnews, via Soompi, Kyu-young spoke candidly about her positive work experience with Soo-hyun and Seo Ye-ji. On working with the My Love from the Star star, the 27-year-old actress revealed, "His energy is really great. I’ve seen his dramas from even before I debuted, and I was worried and nervous about how our teamwork would be. I asked him about a lot of things I was curious about, and he made working together very comfortable, so I’m thankful."

Fans also grew found of the eventual reconciliation between Ju-ri and Mun-yeong, who used to be best friends as kids. On working with the Lawless Lawyer star, Kyu-young shared, "I saw her for the first time during the script reading. She initiated conversation with me a lot, and whenever we were rehearsing or going over lines, she always asked my opinion. We were able to work together really well."

ALSO READ: It's Okay to Not Be Okay: Troublemaker Trio's road trip to The KISS; 5 Moments from Kim Soo Hyun's show finale

What did you think of Kyu-young's performance as Nam Ju-ri in It's Okay to Not Be Okay? Let us know your views in the comments section below.

Comments
Anonymous : juri/gyuri (other nurse, also from fromis) combo was fireeeee
REPLY 3 11 months ago
Anonymous : loved watching this drama . learned a lot watching this drama
REPLY 1 11 months ago
Anonymous : She is truly the girl next door.The show was great as it showed how the garbage and heartaches in everyone's pasts keep us damaged. Although she was the better girl for him ,Mun young needed him more and vice versa.
REPLY 0 11 months ago
Anonymous : She was great!!she worked really well with the main characters,she was the most adorable drunk !!
REPLY 0 11 months ago
Anonymous : Love this Drama ❤️
REPLY 0 11 months ago
Anonymous : Really love the show. Everyone played their role really good. I am despressed now that I have no new show to watch that is as good as It’s Okay not to be Olay. thank you for given us a treat.
REPLY 0 11 months ago
Anonymous : Have you seen Crash Landing on You? As much as I really loved It’s OKAY... and Itaewan Class...CLOY beats them both.
REPLY 1 10 months ago
Anonymous : I loved this drama. I thought it was very moving and beautiful.
REPLY 2 11 months ago
Anonymous : Fell in luv with seo ye ji. My heart was under attack when ever she smiled and i won't defend it...just let it melt away
REPLY 1 11 months ago
Anonymous : I liked how they tackled the mental issues in the show. Seo Ye-Ji smile was delightful. Thanks for the adventure.
REPLY 2 11 months ago
Anonymous : I thought this program was awesome... I loved the story and the romantic kissing screens were so just that Romantic! She did a great acting Job loved her drunk sceen. Hope to see her again soon
REPLY 4 11 months ago