Jennifer Aniston went from wanting to have babies with Brad Pitt to being FRIGHTENED by the idea of motherhood

1 year ago  |  3.3M

Jennifer Aniston has tackled the questions on motherhood all her life. The Friends alum, who has been married twice - Brad Pitt and Justin Theroux, hasn't embraced motherhood yet. But she wanted to start a family, at least for most parts of the first decade of the millennium. Following her split with Brad, Jen confessed on several occasions that she wanted to start a family. She maintained her plans for starting a family intact even in 2008 when The Morning Show was asked about her plans of having babies someday.

In an interview with Vogue, the actress announced, "I've said it so many times: I'm going to have children. I just know it." Before that, in 2006, she reacted to claims that she didn't want a family during an interaction with Vanity Fair. "A man divorcing would never be accused of choosing career over children. That really pissed me off. I’ve never in my life said I didn’t want to have children. I did and I do and I will! The women that inspire me are the ones who have careers and children; why would I want to limit myself? I’ve always wanted to have children, and I would never give up that experience for a career. I want to have it all.”

However, the actress's plans for life changed by 2018. In an interview with Elle, the actress confessed the idea of having children was "kind of frightening." She said, "We live in a society that messages women: By this age, you should be married; by this age, you should have children. That’s a fairy tale. That’s the mold we’re slowly trying to break out of," before adding the idea of having children is “quite honestly, kind of frightening.”

"Some people are just built to be wives and have babies. I don’t know how naturally that comes to me," Jen added. "I don’t feel a void. I really don’t. My marriages [to Brad Pitt and Justin Theroux], they’ve been very successful, in [my] personal opinion. And when they came to an end, it was a choice that was made because we chose to be happy, and sometimes happiness didn’t exist within that arrangement anymore," the actress told Elle at the time.

In an interview to InStyle, she lashed out at those shaming her for not embracing motherhood. "The misconceptions are “Jen can’t keep a man,” and “Jen refuses to have a baby because she’s selfish and committed to her career.” Or that I’m sad and heartbroken," she analyzed. "There is a pressure on women to be mothers, and if they are not, then they’re deemed damaged goods. Maybe my purpose on this planet isn’t to procreate. Maybe I have other things I’m supposed to do?" Jennifer said in 2018.

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

ALSO READ: Jennifer Aniston donates USD 1 million to Racial Justice Charities after George Floyd's death

Comments
Anonymous : Leave these people alone!!!!! Stop trying to live your life through celebrities. Get a life, a job or a hobby!!!!!!! They did not sign up for this! You don’t own them just because they are in the spotlight!!!!!!!!
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : Angelina has firm control. You think she lives close for no reason? PR stunt because she is broke.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : You all act and think like you know these women. But the truth is y’all ain’t opinions won’t matter. At the end of the day they be making millions while y’all reading gossip magazines.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : There are people in this world who do know these people and are fed up with Aniston's corruption. She was never the real victim and enough is enough
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : Women without children are smarter then others.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : Aniston is not a hero for not having kids.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
Anonymous : Angelina Jolie is so boring
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : Aniston has never genuinely wanted kids and spread conflicting statements about this in many interviews/articles for years. Then she plays victim and fake feminist about this too. Her team loves to bury or distort older articles but I have remembered everything I have read. Aniston is a liar who will use any angle to throw Pitt or others under the bus but whines about any media coverage or commentary that is not favorable to her. She also lied by falsely claiming Pitt did not want kids and her stans shamed him for having a big family with adopted kids.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : Jolie is been anti-Jen for no good reason that I have ever been able to see, and now she has no say as to whether her ex goes to Jen's party. No doubt she isn't just shocked, but furious too.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : No good reason after Aniston has run a malicious smear campaign for 15 years using false accusations & sordid manipulation?
REPLY 3 1 year ago
Anonymous : Jolie was a mistake in Brad's life. I want Brad and Jen together
REPLY 2 1 year ago
Anonymous : TRUST ME, IF JA (REALLY) WANTED A CHILD SHE WOULD HAVE GOTTEN PREGNANT OR ADOPTED!!! WANTED A MAJOR CAREER INSTEAD!!!
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : That's because children are for dumb women.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : So ypur mom is dumb?
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : @comments: Why everybody have to compare her with Angelina. I have no doubts Angelina is good and caring mother and she is also human being. And Jen, it seems now almost sure Jen will never have biological descendants and it is ridiculous to read about it again and again. It is over. Even, I personally wish her. Normally, woman at her age would be already a grandmother. Nature does not care about women's power or Hollywood rules. Yes, she said this but she do not know what does it mean to be a parent and have no comparison. I feel sorry but that is it. I understand her expression just like kind of self defense against pressure from surroundings. Just stop to produce such insane articles and try to be realistic.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : Good Mother? She was accused of parental alienation and this is said to be abuse.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : Its angelina jolie, who cares. Jennifer aniston is 20 times prettier, and all natural. Shes gorgeous.
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : Aniston has had a nose job, work around her eyes, botox, and fillers
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : Her natural hair color is brown.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : Jen is not over Brad itS obvious .she should try to patch up with him or shut up forever talking about him .
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : Agree. She is not as she seems, she uses his name to garner either sympathy or attention
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : Why on earth would a woman who wanted children refuse to have Brad Pitt's kids?
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : OMG, Jen has got to be crazy not have his babies. I wish she would just take him home. Please let this happen. I love them both.
Anonymous : So pretty.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : Yes, Jen is so pretty...I love her. I hope she and Brad take each in their arms and say it's going to be OK.
REPLY 2 1 year ago
Anonymous : Can't believe Brad is dating Alia after being married to Jen. That's sick.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
Anonymous : Jen showed women that no kids you win.
REPLY 2 1 year ago