The King: Eternal Monarch episode 10 recorded a rise in viewership, as compared to the show's worse ratings recorded with episode 9. The World of the Married continues to shatter its own records.
The King: Eternal Monarch Ep 10: Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun's split catapult ratings; World of the Married rulesThe King: Eternal Monarch Ep 10: Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun's split catapult ratings; World of the Married rules

There is finally some good news for fans of The King: Eternal Monarch. The SBS show has been struggling to stay sustain viewership every passing week. The graph has recurringly portraying weak numbers. With the premiere of The King: Eternal Monarch Episode 9, the Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun starrer recorded an all-time low rating, leaving fans a tad worried. However, there was a hint of light amid the dark clouds when The King: Eternal Monarch episode 10 aired.

Spoilers alert: The new episode Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul part ways after Gon discovers the threat his visit to the Republic of Korea causes. The Emporer of the Kingdom of Corea decides to tackle his traitor uncle Lee Lim after realising the threat he poses. The turn of events seems to have worked in favour of the show for the ratings recorded growth in the graph.

According to Nielsen Korea, The King: Eternal Monarch Episode 10 recorded an average nationwide rating of 6.4 per cent and 7.8 per cent for its two parts. This is a significant rise in viewership as compared to the rating the K-Drama recorded on Friday night with the ninth episode.

On Friday, with episode 9, The King: Eternal Monarch recorded 5.8 per cent and 6.3 per cent for its two parts, registering its lowest rating ever. Meanwhile, The World of The Married continues to shatter its own records. On Friday, it recorded 24.44 per cent rating, beating its own record of 24.33 per cent recorded earlier this month.

Which of the two shows has your attention? Let us know in the comments below.

ALSO READ: The King: Eternal Monarch stars Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun adorably goof around between takes; Watch Video

It's the best drama ever..........Leeminho you are THE ONE & ONLY KING❤

Anonymous 4 months ago

Oh my gawd. Love the King. I love even more the chemistry of the 2 leads. It is so fitting in their opposing personalities. When you love, should there be always an explanation? Should it be logical? This was explained from epi 1- 10 by LH and JTE. I looked into their points of view, not mine. Unless I am playing the game if I were LG, if I were JTE.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Hail to the King drama. Everything in it has the right ingredients. I find the conversations very touching, witty, funny, serious, sensible, as well as it stimulates my mind to work. I love the characters including their flaws as persons. It is refreshing to see LG as king, a benevolent leader that is so lacking in our leaders today. And his other side that was within him for a long time and now unleashed at the moment he saw and has become firmer still when he interacted with JTE. Of course, I understand all the messages that both of you are conveying differently as your love developed amid the parallel worlds.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Different genres. The other is a remake. I am more interested with an original script. My choice The King. Fascinating story and an enthralling journey for me as a viewer. I love everything in it including the FEW flaws pointed out CONSTRUCTIVELY. I am very happy watching it aside from the plot but the chemistry of the 2 leads. KGE is very believable in her characterization of the cop who can be badass, logical, took a risk to find out the truth about the crazy person, and who slowly falls in love after undergoing a process that seemed to find connection between her heart and mind. When she realize s her feelings she plunged and embraced into it knowing how uncertain to live and live in 2 separate worlds.

So far I'm enjoying watching "The King:Eternal Monarch! Love it!❤❤❤

Anonymous 4 months ago

I'm watching from Australia and so far am loving this show. Started today, about to watch ep 6. Don't care about historical accuracies its a fantasy drama after all. So far product placement hasn't annoyed me unlike other kdramas I've watched and surprisingly I'm enjoying the chemistry between the cast, especially leads. Surprisingly so. Too many negative people. If you don't like it, don't watch it. I'm loving it and will definitely continue through to the end. Just finished Rugal as well. Totally different genre but enjoyed it very much.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I fully agree with you all, just started this drama three days ago and binge watched, what an amazing story, absolutely gripping, very scientific, innovative, acting direction and cinematography is so amazing. not sure why people are saying its boring, actually its brilliant, you need to understand the plot, the way this story uncovers is so beautiful.. I am so impressed with K dramas, they are so superior, Mr Sunshine, Crash Landing and now this one.. Absolutely incredible making. I can not wait for the next episode now.. and people who say lead couple does not have any chemistry are crazy, they set screen on fire, very different pairing, amazing acting too..

Anonymous 4 months ago

The constant use of slow motion and fixation with special effects is dragging the flow of the story. Please make the story telling fast-paced for God's sake!

Anonymous 4 months ago

The King: Eternal Monarch is the splendid one ... when I watch this drama, really its makes me feel bewildered at every scene... so its must be the exact one which should be watch

i love kim go eun

Anonymous 4 months ago

I love TKEM.. It intrigues me a lot but sadly it suffers the same fate as Moon Lovers back in 2016.. It was a hit internationally but a flop in Korea...Moon Lovers deserves a sequel but since it's not popular in Korea we'll never see the light of the sequel to this wonderful drama. That is why I don't undestand Knets.. Hope that the producer won't reduce the episodes and the rating increases. Although the chemistry between LMH and KGE is almost zero but the mystery makes up for it. I guess the scriptwriter kind of rushing their romance. Anyway, can't wait for episode 11!

Anonymous 4 months ago

I am a big fan of “The King”. I love the storyline, the humor, the adventure, the mystery, etc...I am looking forward every Fridays and Saturdays to see “The King”. The episode is getting better and better Please don’t cancel the show please!!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Good

Anonymous 4 months ago

I love watching The King... love them both ❤❤ Keep Safe Everyone

Anonymous 4 months ago

Honestly?! I didn't feel the chemistry between KGE and LMH, it felt so suddenly. No build up feelings and get to know moments (which are one of the things that i love about kdrama), im more excited to see WDH and LMH bromance. WDH did a great job potraying 2 different characters..he keep stealing my heart as Jo Yeong and keeping me laughing as Eun Seop. So far I like how the story unfolds and cannot wait to see Lee Gon confrontation with his uncle..*sighs..Friday is too far.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I love The King Eternal Monarch. It makes you think.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The King Eternal Monarch!!!

Anonymous 4 months ago

I am from Pakistan and a big fan of the King's cast, story to every single thing..... congratulations to the team on doing such a great job...I love the part where king himself submitted in front of his love..his acting is out of the world ...I wait to see the king's romance more... waiting for the upcoming episodes..

Anonymous 4 months ago

TKEM is No.1 in the Philippines!

I love The King. Period. ❤❤❤

Anonymous 4 months ago

We know well that lee min ho is love mostly female specially in the philippines. Iam also an avid fan of kdrama but this time I enjoyed watching the- the world of the married the concept is very interesting and exciting angry and love the actor. Whereas in the king both actor and actress I find it so stiff forcing to act likely the actress doesn't suited the tough or boyish like refer to her acting also with jung hae in. Even the kissing scene with lee min ho. No such good emotions. Sorry but this is my opinion only. Ty

The king is best.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Love to watch the king eternal monarch.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Someone needs to check the USA Netflix rating for The King. We are absolutely loving it here. Love LMH, KGE, and of course the incredible unbroken broken sword.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Please do a good and happy ending to this season. Unlike typical kdrama with a heart breaking ending

Anonymous 4 months ago

The King Eternal Monarch for sure is one of the best series.. I understand why it's ratings are low, Because everyone is not a scifi person. Despite it's ratings I truly love watching it. The actors are adorable ❤️, their chemistry is lovely, the story is amazing. I just can't wait for each episode. Love it!

Anonymous 4 months ago

I love this show.. This show has low ratings because some viewers don't understand the concept of this drama.. good acting good story line. I love it

Anonymous 4 months ago

I have absolutely no interest in The World of the Married. You couldn't pay me to watch the show. The King Eternal Monarch is inventive, well acted, and just plain fun. The actors are ones I've enjoyed before. Hands down better. Two thumbs up better. Zero versus 10 better. This show is why I watch Korean dramas to begin with. Thanks to everyone involved in TKEM

Anonymous 4 months ago

When they say ratings...is all viewership for The King: Eternal Monarch being counter or is it just that of South Korea? Because if it's just the ratings for South Korea, it's gonna be low...they aren't polling international fans in the count. I also believe that because there are some CGI scenes that used Japanese and Chinese palace imagery as a representation of a Korean palace, South Korean people were upset, and it may have cost the drama home grown viewership...given some native viewers hold deep animosity toward both countries... I also believe it's the time slot, now that The World of The Married has ended, those viewers will pick of The King, unless they find a better alternative...which I'm not sure there is one. Personally, The King is a great drama...Im not even a LMH fan or at least I wasn't until ep. 10 he won me over...but it's a brilliant storyline, with lots of twist and turns, it'll make you think...but if people or to lazy to keep up, then they want watch. The settings and costumes are beautiful and natural, the chemistry between all the actors and actresses is really nice ..you can feel the energy. I hope people give it a chance.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The King is the best, I don't agree for it's low rating. This is actually something new which make the viewers think and analyze the situation. Married is unhealthy because the story is predictable. The King is much more creative from the story line, cinematography, back story and the twists. The characters are amazing knowing that they portray 2 different person while Lee Min Ho helps us viewers to collate info. The King bonds our family as well discussing who, where, when & how questions during and after each episodes. This makes our minds quaranthink rather than stressing ourselves from Married. We from the Philippines are always excited for the next episodes and we already started voting who will give up their world for love ❤️ That makes it interesting even more. Action, Fun & Drama in one.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I like this drama so much. Thanks to the actors, actress, writer, and director. The scenes Corea are shooted so beautifully.

Anonymous 4 months ago

King seems to drag a story. While married is a work of art masterpiece. I like the fact that they portray real life in e sense that it's not as easy as ABC to kill a person....the best series by far testament with its record breaking ratings

Anonymous 4 months ago

King Eternal for sure. First Korean show I have ever watched. I’m a marvel syfi kind of person and I truly just can’t wait for each episode.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I think the best series going is The King Eternal Monarch just a great watch the only thing that could wreck it is if there isn't a happy ending with a Royal wedding but I think everything is leading to a sad ending him in his world and her in her world hope I am wrong

Anonymous 4 months ago

Loyal TKEM viewer here..no matter what!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Oppa Love U Forever. You Are So Adorable İ Cant Believe This Drama Attack Me And My Family For Watch. Thanks So Much For This Wonderful Drama. Keep Going And Dont Afraid From Korean People. Coz We Are Here To Support You ❣️(^o^)

Anonymous 4 months ago

I fell in love with the show from the LMH is one of my favorite actor. I’m American and I now watch Korean very addictive ❤️❤️❤️

Anonymous 4 months ago

The king is a beautiful wrtting story . The actors acting are very good. I will enjoy to the end . Specially lee min ho. I love him for ever.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The king eternal monarch is ongoing ,most people did not know whats the drama is up to but surely is going to make us crazy and gives satisfaction to all viewers.. all staffs are good in acting specially leeminho!. i just wondering, why A world of Married Couple has a highest rating wherein is not advisable to watch most likely to all youth and more on revenge and adultery that can impact to the minds of youth people..just saying.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I fell in love with show in episode 1. I am American and have to read subtitles but I think Korean actors are far superior to American actors and really don't need words. Another great show is 'My Country A New Era'.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I love LMH forever in my life ♥️best drama the king Eternal monarch ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Anonymous 4 months ago

Definitely "The King; Eternal Monarch"♥️ No matter what, we fans are always with you....Minho Oppa♥️ #Saranghae_Always_And_Forever♥️

I love the king

Anonymous 4 months ago

I haven't seen the World of married, but I surely like The King: Eternal Monarch. I wait every week to watch at least one episode of it. Each episode, once a week, makes people to watch other things and sometimes forget about new episodes of The King. I really wish I could see more episodes and not just 1 weekly.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I really cannot understand the low ratings. Maybe the fans are watchingon Netflix, not in TV... I am totally addicted to this Drama, the acting is totally in point and the leading actors have the best chemistry ever. Since i am a Fan of LMH i have to watch this Drama, although it is not available in Netflix Germany. LMH is perfect as a king and the role suits him totally. Since i am not a teenager but a woman in her 30ths, i love seeing the man LMH.

The king is best ❣️❣️❣️❣️

Anonymous 4 months ago

Read the title, you can extrapolate the ending

Anonymous 4 months ago

I have not watched The world of the married so I do not know about it. But for The King, i have been watching it throughout and i just love it, i love how unique it is and how complicated the plotline is, this drama is not for everyone and I personally think it shouldn’t be because this is actually a different kind of a drama with a more complexed story. It may not have th perfect viewer ratings but The King is one amazing drama! I will continue to support this and I know for a fact that both the screen writer and the Two main actors have never let us down before. So let’s give them our support in the future! Lee Min Ho oppa Fighting!!

Anonymous 4 months ago

The King: It is the best show, their love is sweet and strong at the same time. I can't wait for the next episode.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I don't understand the rating of THE King because it is awesome

Anonymous 4 months ago

Never seen so much product placement in any K drama series before. This must be the top of product placement drama's of all time!!!!

Anonymous 4 months ago

I am a huge fan of LMH since the Heirs. KGE and LMH are captivating to watch in Eternal Monarch. Love these two together. Will support them forever.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I hvn't watch TWOTM yet...but I am watchng The king n m luving it....it's so intriguing n engaging....evry episode unfolds smthng new n unexpected....leaving u craving fr next episode....it is beyond normal family drama n romance...danger n conspiracy lurking behind evry corner...i luv d concept (as I am a fantasy fan), script, casting, cinematography, bckgrnd score n ost.....evrythng AWSM.... cant wait for nxt Friday n Saturday to cm.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Frankly speaking the comments below must be from hardcore LMH fans me being one . But even him being on it hasn't yet made me watch it . People speaking abt the amazing storyline for one it's fictional totally fantasized and second the chemistry . So much so that I like the clips of Wo Do Hwan more I mean the bromance more than the romance. Whereas the World of Married on the other hand breaks every stereotype about marriage in today's world . Not a single character is perfect in it which is exactly what we are and when it comes to chemistry. Even the 40+ actors have more chemistry in one scene than all the episodes of The King combined . You might come fight me but the ratings say otherwise . Almost 25% viewership and that's the highest. Want to see LMH breaking the mould of the superstar and really feature in something like CLOY which is more realistic or even a historical fiction like Kingdom. Faith , Legend of the Blue Sea and now this . He has so much potential as an actor . Right after Boys before Flowers he had Personal Taste and Cityhunters. Those were the best he has performed as an actor and that's a genre which really suits him. Even Faith was poorly recieved , Legend of the Blue Sea was a commercial hit because of the amazing chemistry and a believable story from the ancient world . Hope now that World of Married has ended the ratings improve but still not that positive on it.

Anonymous 4 months ago

I am not a fan of either of the 2 lead stars. But wow the chemistry is poignant, not the usual one and they are in their early 30 yrs and the relationship was gradually developed although time line makes a difference. LG has been yearning for her while JTE was stunned, shooked and so she needs to harmonize mind and heart. How their own side of love was developed properly.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The story is LAME. The actors are GREAT. Especially Lee Min Ho. He's like a beautiful work of art! Also their chemistry is not good at all.

Anonymous 4 months ago

Finally someone who thinks the same. I was reading all the comments wondering if I am watching the same drama as everyone else. I’m sorry the acting is fine but this story is too broken and they haven’t developed the main characters relationship well. I don’t feel invested in it at all. When they are portraying a scene where the main character is crying about something I’m usually crying with them. In this I feel nothing at all.

Yes, I agree

Totally agree!

Anonymous 4 months ago

The world of married couple is a MASTERPIECE. Like wow... I haven’t seen a show like that... the king: eternal monarch is also good... but the story line is too boring.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The king is good. But am I the only one who thinks that they celebrated their intense love so early. I feel like neither the events nor the attraction were there yet to create such an Intense love. Other K drama you can always feel it coming but never intense till like 2 or 3 episodes from the end and after the events and the story logically elevates the emotion higher ,I just didnt feel it here. Too early in the story for such strong emotions. Other than that. The show is very captivating and the act is brilliant

Anonymous 4 months ago

You just dont have brain to think haha

The King: Eternal Monarch

The King Eternal Monarch ofcourse

The King : Enternal Mornach

Anonymous 4 months ago

The king eternal monarch is love ♥️

Anonymous 4 months ago

The king eternal monarch is amazing....I agree that the first 3 to 4 episodes were not that captivating....but now it's becoming super interesting with every episode...I'm lovin' it.♥️

Anonymous 4 months ago

I agree and i now really want all those haters to watch it and take their words back

The King is the Best!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Obviously the king eternal monarch is the best.. some people don't know how to use brain they are to lazy to understand such a wonderful story

Anonymous 4 months ago

You are so right the king monarch eternal is the best

Anonymous 4 months ago

I totally agree with you. The reason I feel the show is having low ratings is coz it's more scientific and most people are being too lazy to reason. They just want to see lovey dovey things without having to reason much. Thumbs up to the team of TKEM. You guys are doing a great job.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The world of the married is one of the best drama ever...so obsessed with each character..the king eternal monarch is not that much interesting so far...it seem very fast and shattered story

Anonymous 4 months ago

U can't compare a remake with pure script

Anonymous 4 months ago

The world of the married is one of the best drama i have ever watched.

Boring eternal monarch

Anonymous 4 months ago

I love TKEM! It is a brain teaser type if show. It makes you think and wants mire of it if you could understand it.

The king is captivating

Anonymous 4 months ago

The King:Eternal Monarch definitely surpasses every other drama...its just soooo gripping, heart warming, happy heart,and all others that makes one addicted and utterly exhausting wait for the next episodes....lets have more of the same ...it could go on forever

The King: Eternal Monarch

Same here.

Anonymous 4 months ago

The King is a wonderful show, we need it to keep going...like forever...the acting if far superior to what we get in the US lately...Thank you so much!

Anonymous 4 months ago

Yes it needs to go on forever

Anonymous 4 months ago

Exactly it need to go on forever

Anonymous 4 months ago

I DEFINITELY AGREE!!! I have not been able to watch US shows for more than 6 years now without wondering what type of trash is gonna show up in it ( extreme language, illicit behavior, etc.). I can finally watch a show and enjoy it without that fear. Thank God that this market is open to the US!!!!

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options