The King: Eternal Monarch Ep 16 Reactions: Fans in literal tears and applaud the Lee Min Ho series ending

While fans were left gutted with the knowledge that there will be no more episodes of The King: Eternal Monarch to look forward to in the future, they were also happy with how Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan and Lee Jung-jin's 2020 K-drama ended.
The King: Eternal Monarch has released its final episode with fans happy about the ending. The King: Eternal Monarch has released its final episode with fans happy about the ending.

We're still reeling from the fact that the popular 2020 K-drama, The King: Eternal Monarch has reached its end. Just a while back, Ep 16 was released as viewers were in for a roller coaster ride of emotions. As much as they thought that they were prepared for the climax, they really weren't! And there's a certain 'heartbreaking' major character death involved, which we won't spoil for the ones who are yet to catch up on the series finale. What made The King: Eternal Monarch extra special was the fact that it was Lee Min-ho's first big project post completing his military training.

It was also the mysterious 'parallel universe' storyline along with the gorgeous chemistry between Min-ho's Lee Gon and Kim Go-eun's Jung Tae-eul. Let's not forget Woo Do-hwan as the charming Jo Eun-seob, who was indeed the surprise package of the entire series. As was Lee Jung-jin as the devilish Lee Lim. After 16 episodes, fans were anything but ready to say goodbye to the show and flooded Twitter with messages while making the series, as expected, a worldwide trend. Moreover, fans were also appreciative of the ending and whether it was happy or sad, you'll just have to watch for yourself.

If you are yet to watch the series finale, *SPOILERS ALERT* in the tweets shown below as fans reveal what they felt about The King: Eternal Monarch Ep 16:

What did you think The King: Eternal Monarch Ep 16? Let us know your reviews in the comments section below.

ALSO READ: The King: Eternal Monarch: Lee Min Ho reveals his FAVOURITE scene, final thoughts & special message for fans

Meanwhile, via Soompi, Min-ho was appreciative of the fans for the outpouring of love and affection towards him and The King: Eternal Monarch gushing, "This drama is one that I started as an actor in my 30s, and I think it’ll become a time of nourishment that will decorate the next page in my future. Above all, I am grateful for the people I have met again and for the people I have met for the first time. I want to thank the fans, who have waited a long time, and the viewers."

Anonymous 11 months ago

Female lead was amazing leaves me in awe how they all can cry on cue its amazing x would love series 2 on the King eternal monarch

Anonymous 11 months ago

They should make more series of these kdramas the king could do wothc1 more series also healer and K2 . They leave you longing for more and more loving all the kdramas xx

Anonymous 12 months ago

On Netflix is the most watched Korean drama around the world why not season2 you don't understand story but you came to critize you haters stop your stupid word because if you know it is making Lee min ho even more popular now Lee min ho is most followed actor on all social media fb,IG,twitter,weibo, now king is in top 10 on Netflix paid platform bigger than SBS around the world the king is the winner whatever you say there is no other kdrama like king is masterpiece you can't see it because your poorest brain

Anonymous 1 year ago

Unique and interesting storyline but I was often confused in the last episode. My biggest hang up was that, even though the two main characters are amazing actors, they had absolutely zero chemistry. Like, ZILCH, which kind of ruined it for me. Also, they dressed the main female lead like a grandma. It looked like she cut her own hair ten years ago and got her wardrobe from the senior section at the goodwill store from 1982. Frustrating.

Anonymous 1 year ago

I agree with the comment about the female lead clothing. She was dressed casually and sloppily through the drama. I was hoping for at least one scene with her in a dress and looking truly beautiful. Trust me....there will be no season 2 of The King. The rating overall was not good and it was expensive to produce. We just have to wait for LMH next movie or drama...and that maybe not be until the end of 2021 or 2022.

Anonymous 1 year ago

it didn't need to be pointlessly confusing, so very bad drama.

Anonymous 1 year ago

I think you did not watch the whole drama at all and judging it anyway. This drama is very different that's why we found it confusing. If you watch fully or again fully then you will understand. You just can't call a drama bad because you got confused.

Anonymous 1 year ago

Great drama plot! Looking forward to Season 2! Both the King and Queen should married lah!

Anonymous 1 year ago

TKEM here in the Philippines indeed a big help in this Pandemic Time evryone is talking and posting in chat messenger after its episodes thats why its No 1 in the Philippines. Im happy with the ending although it happens like that the director try to make the fans happy too. My conclusion of this story as what the director tries to emply is that even the UNIVERSE will change and erase the memories of the people if you really deeply in love with other or if its your fate, destiny, soulmate it will engrave in your heart forever and will make you remember in the future.

Anonymous 1 year ago

Reason why i watch The King is because of Lee Min Ho...i'm a fan of him since way back "Boys Over Flower" and now i am already 60 (turning 61 this Aug 2020)...he is my ultimate idol...during his absence because of his military obligation i keep on watching all his past movies etc and now how i wish they will come up soon with another one to watch again - Lee Min Ho PLS!!!

Anonymous 1 year ago

I definitely love TKEM It will not just be the same every week looking forward to watch a new episode Love to all the actors especially LMH and KGE Although I wish the ending was better but I still loved every bit of it Looking forward to a season 2 ❤❤❤❤

Anonymous 1 year ago

Fridays and saturdays will never be the same

Anonymous 1 year ago

The ending was just terrible. It made no sense. I watched these episodes with excitement every week but this was just a big disappointment. I am glad they stayed and love each other until the end of time. But it was like watching a movie who simply did not how to tie it all together. This is the first Korean series I have watched so I won't give up on them quite yet but I am hoping they keep up with good story lines but I also hope for much better endings. I hope other people comment on this ending cause I would like to know if they have a different way of ending shows then Americans do. I love the two main actors and look forward to other projects I hope they do.

Anonymous 1 year ago

I guess we all think of a happy ending is getting married, living together and having children... that is my idea. However, neither character were willing to give up their lifestyle or commitment to "their world." So, they decided to make the best of their situation and continue to be happy by spending their weekends together for the rest of their lives traveling to different universes and time.

Anonymous 1 year ago

I agree! The ending left me deflated. He can save 2 world's but can't figure out how to marry his queen? ( As he announced to his country in dramatic fashion) And what about an heir? Sharing a life is true love, not a weekend travel buddy.

Anonymous 1 year ago

Love the show bcoz of LMH, KGE and my fave actor, WDH. Great acting from all casts. Hoping for a season 2. ❤❤

Anonymous 1 year ago

Hats off!!!! Im speechless.. I hope to see more of Lee Min Ho's drama soon.

Anonymous 1 year ago

I watched this drama only for Lee Min Ho. Obviously he did not disappoint me for taking almost 18 hrs of my life. His acting is unparalleled and he has matured a lot from BOF days in past 10 years. Portray a king in modern days was up to the mark. I would only say that his clothing style was bit off as he has a great figure to show off anything he wears so too much loose fitting clothes took away that visual effect from the viewer. I wish he will come up some amazing drama next year.. I will wait for him. All the best the King .. Lee Min Ho

Anonymous 1 year ago

A new watcher of Koreon films I'm impressed with king eternal of course the star lee ling ho is yummy but your films are so much more interesting than american films which are same same, keoreon films show alot of your cities and town which I will never see! Once I started watching your movies I'm hooked have to read subtitles fast, which I'm getting better at! Lee ming ho you keep me interested in your acting career! Keep up your good works! Thumbs up british columbia canada! Tks

Anonymous 1 year ago

Best K-drama , brilliant story, Lee Min Ho aced it with his portrayal of a king...hats off for this amazing,amazing story!! Congratulations to all the cast!!! Highest rating given to this K-drama!!!!!!

Anonymous 1 year ago

Amazing Actors, loved it but would’ve like to seen if she decided to be queen and if they had a family etc. Just seen ending was a filler. But otherwise awesome. I primarily watched for Lee Min-Ho & Woo Do-Hwan

Love the ending

Anonymous 1 year ago

Happy ending indeed. Would like to see more of them in new episodes or a sequel. From US

Anonymous 1 year ago

Brilliant drama ☹️ Sad it finished Friday & Saturday nights will not be same From - Scotland UK

Anonymous 1 year ago

they can go for season 2. how about the king settling down and giving d kingdom a queen. they can also have their adventures fr there. i am hoping for its continuation. happy ending as it is i wish it wouldnt stop there

So much love❤️❤️❤️

So much love❤️❤️

A masterpiece

Anonymous 1 year ago

Will always love this show but I wish the writer showed the two to marry at the end that great romance should end that way for she forever lived that king Can we have season 2 with them marrying and fighting the evil of both world ?

Anonymous 1 year ago

Definitely the best K-Drama 2020!!!! Fantastic acting from LHM and KGE!

Anonymous 1 year ago

Absolutely amazing series, speechless, so happy to see happy end, brilliant story, story telling, direction, cinematography, and acting, LMH Wa doong, KGE and all supporting actors were brilliant. Breathtaking stunning drama. thanks to the writer Kim Eun Sook, you are incredible, waiting for another amazing story from you... Best wishes to the whole team...

Anonymous 1 year ago

This is my sincere confession: The series was great and I enjoyed it. Thank you all for making this series. It was very beautiful and spectacular. I hope that this series will achieve what it Deserves.

Anonymous 1 year ago

I don't know what to say about this drama cos I don't know where to start..... But one thing is for sure with me, THIS IS THE BEST KDRAMA HAVE SEEN FOR DECADES OF WATCHING THOUSANDS OF KDRAMA IN MY LIFE, and whichever kdrama wanna meets TKEM standards will have to copy TKEM from A-Z including lines, cinematography, ost, cgi etc which is professionally impossible...... Therefore, I can't guarantee another drama that will meet it to me even if the dramas are from TKEM cast..... But nevertheless am looking forward to other dramas as well.... Good luck to them all