The King: Eternal Monarch marks the first show Lee Min Ho is appearing in after his military enlistment. While the show was one of the most anticipated series, it has not lived up to the expectations.
The King: Eternal Monarch: Expert suggests Lee Min Ho starrer should focus on THIS to draw more viewersThe King: Eternal Monarch: Expert suggests Lee Min Ho starrer should focus on THIS to draw more viewers

The King: Eternal Monarch has been struggling to retain viewers. The Lee Min Ho starrer Korean drama has been recording an unstable viewers' rating in South Korea. The SBS show recorded its worst rating over the weekend with the premiere of its ninth episode on Friday. However, the graph rose a little on Saturday, with the premiere of the tenth episode. Nevertheless, the most anticipated show of the year hasn't matched up to the expectations, bowing down to its competition The World of the Married.

While Pinkvilla already listed down a few observations that might have impacted the viewership, pop cultural critic Ha Jae-geun shared his thoughts on the show. Jae-geun told The Korea Herald that there are two factors playing against the show's success. "It’s a romance drama, but the love between the two lead roles isn’t at the forefront. The story unfolds at a relatively slow pace and the parallel world is too complex to understand," he said.

ALSO READ | The King: Eternal Monarch Ep 10: Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun's split catapult ratings; World of the Married rules

Apart from these two factors, The King: Eternal Monarch has also been mired with controversies. First, they were called out for confusing Korean elements, like the temple, with Japanese-like elements. To top it off, the director was called out for misrepresenting warships in one of the battle scenes. While the makers have apologised for the misrepresentation, it has impacted the viewership.

The critic shared his tips that could improve the viewership. He said, "It’s hard to find some clever, creative conversations and catchy soundtracks in ‘The King,’ that the writer has presented so far. I think the show needs to focus more on romance and speed up the pace to attract more viewers in the remaining episodes."

What do you think the makers could do to improve viewership? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

ALSO READ | The King: Eternal Monarch: Are these the reasons why Lee Min Ho starrer is witnessing low TV ratings?

This Day That Year
2019
2017
2015
Anonymous 2 days ago

I love this drama! The main reason I was interested in watching it was Kim Go Eun, who's a fantastic movie actress (she was luminous in Eungyo). Before this, I didn't even know who Lee Min Ho was (but, I have to say, based on his acting in TKEM, that he has the acting chops to match his good looks). I've had no difficulty watching this show at all. In fact, I love how fast-paced it is, not like the typical K-drama where the two leads take forever to get together. Glad that's not the case here. I'm definitely shipping Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho - their chemistry is so great! By now, everyone has probably seen their kissing/bed scene in Episode 12, and OMG, that was HOT! You would have to be willfully blind to say (as bashers have done) that they have no chemistry. I can't wait to watch the remaining episodes!

Anonymous 2 days ago

If Koreans don’t appreciate Lee Minho acting then send to America we love him in every thing he’s in a❤️ Come on judging him because the movie is confusing or set are wrong NOWAY!! Minho is the best thing about Korea !! I’ve personally never had ANY interest in Korea at all except in our history books.....So watching different Korean drama has made me interested in Korean culture!! But boy are you tough on your Actors !! To many Suicides ......don’t forget this is just my opinion

Anonymous 2 days ago

I love The King Eternal Monarch. I was so excited and anxious to see Lee Min Ho in the series. He is the reason why I wanted to watch it. On top that I found out the Woo do Hwan and Kim Go Eun was going to be in the series. I live in America and I love Lee Min Ho he is my favorite actor. He is amazing a top notch actor. I have watch everything I can that he is in. I am one of his favorite fans. He is a suberb and amazing actor. 99 percent of what I watch are Korean Dramas on Netflix. The 2nd K2 drama that I had ever watched on Netflix was one that Lee Min Ho was in which is my all time favorite since then I have been a lover of K2 dramas. I love K2 dramas. Kim Go Eng is a natural beauty. I love her character in the series And also how feisty she is and lovely . She is a amazing actress. We as women, a lot of times are judged by our outer appearance which is a shame I love the series and cant wait each week to see each new episodes. Everyone involved in series just know the series is amazing and you have people that appreciate the series Lee Min Ho your acting is brilliant and Woo do Hwan you acting playing duel roles in awesome. Also the actor that plays Kim Go Eun partner you are amazing. God Bless everyone thats involved in the King Eternal Monarch it is a brilliant and beautiful series that is action packed and I love it. I can’t wait to see the next two episodes.

Anonymous 4 days ago

I don't understand why is the rating so low. It's an amazing drama if you watch with patience and interest. I'm loving it. And yes Kim Go Eun, her acting is amazing and she's the first korean actress I'm fan of. Loving The King drama ❤

Anonymous 4 days ago

It not lee min ho its about concept of king eternal monarch.And lee min ho acting is very good in every drama.

Anonymous 4 days ago

I like it a lot so far. Concept of parallel worlds is very interesting and all the actors are mesmerizing (looks and talent). I do not know why it has a low South Korean rating. I know but it’s popular here in America and all over the world amongst kdrama fans. I know everyone loves LMH, but wondering if women in Korea like KGE? She has a natural yet brilliant beauty and amazing acting skills. Does she meet popular korean standards of beauty (I’m not korean but I personally think she’s gorgeous)? Or maybe LMH fans don’t feel like he should be with a character who’s not typically feminine. Dunno. I do know that I wait for this series every weekend.

Anonymous 4 days ago

Me toooooo

Anonymous 4 days ago

I cant imagine anyone not loving this series. I loved it from the start and always anxious for the upcoming episodes. As a woman who can resist the eye candy, handsome king and his bodyguard! The story line is unique and entertaining.

Anonymous 4 days ago

All the best to Lee Min Hol! Keep it up! Cant understand the low rating

Anonymous 4 days ago

Agreed to! Nice story and Handsome Lee Min Ho and body guard ! Nothing wrong with the drama, like it so much! Chasing every Friday and Sat. Is disappointing going to end soon

Anonymous 4 days ago

I love the series. All have acted well esp the lead pair. My fav Lee Min Ho is definitely the crowd puller. Started watching coz of him. Like the story line too which is not regular run of the mill. I wait for Friday's and sundays for the new episodes. But episode 11 & 12 were uploaded late on the required dates not sure why. Wishing the best for the series...definitely you have a devoted fan in me.

Anonymous 4 days ago

it's true TKEM is bit difficult to understand. but it's the flow of this drama. this is science fi. fantasy. so it must be like this. there is nothing wrong with drama. if you want only Romance , this is not the drama for you. but if you can understand , this will be one of best drama you watch. every character in drama have special layout. you should understand to get clear idea about drama. i love this. hope it will get more viewers. this drama deserve to be top.

Anonymous 4 days ago

I think this series is wonderful. I look forward to the next episode. Yes it is fiction maybe not all things represented are accurate but good escape thru this trying time and also Lee Min Ho is very attractive and easy on the eyes. I live in USA and have watched a lot of international episodes on Netflix. Please keep it going. Don't let the negative comments get you down Lee Min Ho!!!!!!

Anonymous 5 days ago

I am loving this drama so far. I’m not a Korean, but I love to watch this drama just because of the story which is very unique unlike other cheesy Korean dramas and because of an actor, Lee Min Ho whose acting is the best among everyone.

Anonymous 5 days ago

Rooting for KGE portrayal of Tae Eul. She never disappoints. She is flowing, spontaneous yet accurate. Even her right tear falling in the space from her eye was captured by the camera when she and the king embraced after they kill d the men who were supposed to ambushed her. When acts, her facial and body expressions are on point. These have a gradually transformation,not just getting there directly.

Anonymous 5 days ago

If yall will just be looking for romance then TKEM is not for you. It has so many layers in its story and it deserves an audience who will appreciate all of that.

Anonymous 5 days ago

I love this drama, the intricate plots, the culture and the actors....Job well done !!!

Anonymous 5 days ago

Nothing is wrong with this drama...

Anonymous 5 days ago

Viewers must focus hardly on the first two episodes to understand better and find it more interesting to watch. Dont blame the actors nor the writer. Blame the director because the TKEM story is very good not the typical story that predictable, Each episodes unfolds a new revelations, In every films even if the story is very good but if director doesnt know how to brings out the best from the actors, the pacing, the cinematography, etc, everything fails.

Anonymous 5 days ago

The reason I feel, at least, for me: The drama has it's good episodes, and not so great episodes. The problem is every episode and it's plot is up and down. For, example: Is Luna in the Republic of Corea or Republic of Korea? What is even more confusing is which characters' are where between the two parallel universes. Hopefully, episodes 13 - 16 will give more clarity. But, all the actors/actresses are doing a great job in their dual characters. Although, I keep turning it off, due to what is happening in the episode. I find my curiosity, gets the best of me, and I have to continue watching the episodes. FIGHTING❣❣❣

Anonymous 5 days ago

FRINGE is my favorite time travel drama of all time. I followed that series to its very end. I believe soundtrack did well to make the series make its impact. Ghe heroine was charismatic and beautiful. The lead actor was also good looking and brilliant. I am not a geek about time travel but i understood what it was about because the script was excellent. Direction and cinematography was also clever. That being said, about the king EM, it is a mess. Love story at this point in the story is misplaced. First establish the time travel science fiction foundation and make viewers believe in that plot to have an understanding as to what is going on and what are we getting at. Who are we rooting for and why the need for time travel is a very important thing to lay bare before going into being in love and making marriage proposal. That love story is raw at this point in the game that is why it is confusing. For a king to go have time travel to find his queen is a good enough plot but a king with that past is tragic to even have time to go lovey dovey with a not so good looking cop who does not believe him until she finds out he is a king and it makes me hate a social climber kind of a woman at that. Got me all confused. The only reason i now catch the drama is for WOO DO HWAN and the rest i use the skip button may times over. Sorry but the rest can just go south. I am done with all confusion. I just want comedy and good looks. Thank you.

Amen!

Anonymous 5 days ago

OMG your story line is so amateurish. KES is very brilliant here that has been executed by the producting and acting teams. Will give you one example only Bec there are to many. The math equation of what is between 0 and . This was written by LG in his hotel room. There were formulas there but there is a remarkable one that refers to this. The formula says that LG&JTE have their own lines that are always parallel. Meaning they will always end up by diverging, having separate lives in their own worlds, with diff backgrounds, diff personalities. But in the space bet 0 & 1 where there are no time, sun and rain, remember the imaginary seeds she planted in that space?that's it. But the moment they are together, which is impossible, their lines can converged in that space meaning she it will be her strong faith in their love that will make it happen. In that formula shown, this holds true to LG's speech during a mathematician assembly that they have to find and a solution and an answer which are beautiful.see the analogy? The solution is their love, of believing in the power of that love so they can meet. Another one, the theory that there are actually 2 persons who saved the young LG from being ng killed. Rewatch the 1st EP, it could be Sin Jae as he is a sharp shooter and the older, present LG. Lots of theories. Good night I. So sleepy

Anonymous 5 days ago

Another person who commodifies and objectifies men. Rave more than his good looks. It's a bonus he looks good to you. But why don't you be deep and be crazy of his acting prowess. Really the kind of world you want based on looks only.

Anonymous 5 days ago

Hahaha thanks for your honesty. Next time be appropriately honest and politically correct by not being offensive and race sensitive. To give you your own dose of medicine: What a physical and materialistic person you are. Very shallow and judgmental. Good luck to you.

Anonymous 5 days ago

How dare you discriminate people by their looks! A king can only fall in love with a person of your physical features choice? Criticize constructively without stereotyping. Don't limit your world by being exclusive instead learn to inclusive and respect diversity.

Anonymous 5 days ago

"Comedy and good looks." There, you said it. Then TKEM is definitely not for you. Just drop it and stop watching and let other people enjoy.

Anonymous 5 days ago

THE lead actress needs a makeover and the skip button on my remote is getting worn out because i go at it MANY times over just to get to WOO DO HWAN and be happy at his comedy and duality which highlights his good looks and that is all there is left for me to ponder upon at this point in the game.

Anonymous 6 days ago

I don’t know why people find the drama hard to understand! I’m from New York and I love it!! Love the story line and all the chacters So glad Netflix is showing this!! I really love Woo Dohwan, such a beautiful gorgeous face he has.

Anonymous 6 days ago

I love the drama it’s not difficult to understand at all!! I love all the charters and find the parallel worlds intriguing, thank you Netflix for showing the drama

Anonymous 6 days ago

First of all, The way article has been written is 70%negative and 30% positive. I don't appreciate that about your articles. Secondly, the drama is abit of sci-fi where quantam physics is involved. Not mamy ppl who are always into cheesy mushy Kdrama romance, will u find it hard to understand, boring and confusion or chaotic. I wanted that there shouldn't have been even a romantic relationship in this drama. It would have been so bada**. The police officer just doing their jobs INORDER to stop infiltration of ppl between two worlds just like Hollywood sci-fi drama series . Thirdly, the talk about temples and beauty products and what not... Seems viewers are really jealous that Lee Minho and Kim Go Eun have outplayed themselves for this role. And ofcourse they like each other. Lee Minho fans don't like this woman, which always happens,what we call fans fight. I think the script writes don't need to apologise for the way temple was used. Because as far as temple design are concern there is always some similarities that exists between the different kingdom like china, korea (china vassal) and japan. So I thought it was so harse on the viewers part to be so specific. Fourthly, kim Go Eun played her role very beautifully. If you guys think they don't have chemistry, you've got to be kidding me. They have 101% chemistry, which I found it so cheesy and mushy. I really wanted this to be purely a sci-fi not romance involved. The way story was left in the mid way makes the viewers go

Anonymous 6 days ago

I’m so with you on this too! I think the storyline of this drama is fantastic and Kim Go Eun & Lee Min Ho acting is amazing!! I do acknowledge that the first few episodes can be a little confusing but I think most people failed to recognize that this is not a pure play of the usual romance K drama but it has science fiction element to it. Perhaps it needs viewers who are a little bit more intelligent to watch and appreciate the drama more. ;) Viewers are far too critical of the show and I think the cast, producers, writer and directors who worked really hard on this show deserves so much more!

Anonymous 6 days ago

First of all, I think why it seems people hate the drama, is coz the writer is phenomenal and she has set such a high standard with her past projects, that everyone was at the edge of their seats waiting for something exceptional... secondly, I can relate to people loosing interest, I mean the love relationship btw LMH & KGE, makes no sense, how do u fall in love with someone u feel grateful to, someone u v never seen or spoken too, & then there’s too much going on, that u sometimes can’t even keep up with everything happening

Anonymous 6 days ago

It can happen from the point of view of Lee Gon. It is the connection and fate that bind them. The rationale as written by KES are all there. For 25 years she was in his mind. I just forgot the percentage he mentioned Bec he is science - math person. And when he met her, he like her more he said. He was truly into her as what the story had unfolded and he was very consistent about it. JTE also was undergoing a process from disbelief for such incredulous claims be LG.

Anonymous 6 days ago

I am enjoying it but I am not much into Kim Go Eun's acting.. she is not up to the acting of Lee Min Ho

Anonymous 6 days ago

I disagree. I think her style of acting runs parallel to LMH. I’ve seen her in her previous works she does justice to each character.

Anonymous 6 days ago

They say opposite attracts. So here I am. KGE showed nuances of her characterization as JTE. She is a delight to watch particularly the details of transitioning flowingly varied emotions that synchronized with her senses from being badass cop out in the field doing operations to her office work, a friend, a daughter etc . Very noticeable indeed if one mindful in watching her.

Anonymous 6 days ago

Low TV ratings is because people rather watch in Netflix than TV channels. It is interesting and different from the usual cheesy kdrama. Also, she is a police and he is a king, do not expect a lot of aegyo like Boys Over Flowers. They are all good actors and the lines are fit to the characters. It seemed slow because they wanted to ease the concept so people will understand. And people did. You don't need a college degree to understand different worlds, time, and portals. It's not that complicated. Stop scaring potential viewers by saying it's hard to grasp. Viewers are even making theories because for once the plot is special.

Totally agreed

Anonymous 6 days ago

Well I think the drama is very good.... Is intriguing, it's not hard to understand.. Just watch the episode and you will see it's interesting... I love it

Anonymous 6 days ago

Romance is definitely understated, it should be in the forefront to gain viewers' attention.

Anonymous 7 days ago

I am loving it, but I believe that increasing the xenas of romance as well as the emotions of the characters, in Brazil in particular the drama is being well accepted by the dorameiras ,. afinak Lee Min Ho is very loving.

Anonymous 7 days ago

If it's too hard to understand two parallel world then for sure that person had not seen W- two worlds as it is much more complex. It's not important to spread only love stories. And about Lee min hoo's acting. I never doubt that. His acting is so pure and so real. In the ending of 10th episode how he expressed his love and cried while kissing her lady made me cry. That showed how much hurt he was because of the death of his beloved.

Anonymous 7 days ago

exactly, this is a korean drama which isn't concentrated on the love story and that makes me love it

Anonymous 7 days ago

Also too many advertisements! Chicken, Kimchi etc. What a show??

Anonymous 7 days ago

You're hating on the show because of the product placement? Seriously? Is there a K-drama that doesn't have product placement in it?

Anonymous 7 days ago

I am forcing myself to watch it for the sake of Lee Min-ho and Woo Do Hwan! The story from the beginning is really boring.

Anonymous 1 week ago

For one thing I know we expected more of it because of lee min ho and because he was the main character and I sensed this was going to happen but let's not give up....... romance is one thing we always watch and understand but for the science fiction is something new I think we need to be concerned about and learn from. It's the eternal monarch you know and we need to know where the eternity comes from....... I can't wait because the more I get confused,the more it gets interesting and am curious and always expecting g and in suspense........... let's share our love to the writer and not hate...

Anonymous 1 week ago

Am a lovely fan of lee min ho. He is the reason am watching this series and to tell you the truth I was confused at first but I felt it was going to be more understanding if the whole series was complete and for the acting of woo do hwan is also amazing and it also seems the emotions displaced by female lead is also a captivating thus the scene in the forest where she waited for the Male lead. This is a story that needs all the attention it can get so am patient. And am in love with the villain prince imperial geum his acting is also cool. From what I see theres more to unfold and I can't wait please I hope you guys stop the criticism no matter what it's our own lee min ho in this series it can't flop koreans shouldn't be the reason why people should turn their back on series. from what I know it's a huge hit whether with a huge viewer ship rate or not it a BANG...........❤❤❤❤❤❤❤ and peace

Anonymous 1 week ago

Exactly, I also find this series very interesting and I hope people can stop criticizing

Anonymous 1 week ago

I am loving Lee Min Ho in his return role. It actually is better than I thought or had read about. Now I want to rewatch all of Lee Min Ho's dramas. LOL. I don't know why fans are having a problem with understanding the time travel plot. For me W: Two worlds was hard to follow but I am understanding and more intrigued with the time travel element in this drama. And the smoldering love intensity between Lee and Kim is so sexy and romantic. OMG. I do want to see more romantic scenes with them. Maybe it will come towards the end as a climax.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Maybe bcoz the love team not match..

Anonymous 1 week ago

Build in more romance focus on the main characters. Also add a bit of comedy please .

Anonymous 1 week ago

I want more screentime for the 2 lead characters!

Anonymous 1 week ago

i love this drama...what a beautiful love story

Anonymous 1 week ago

I love it ,its a great drama.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I started watching K drama because of the COVID 19. I stay home and there is nothing to do. I watched the pilot episode of the King and didn't finished because I am not a fan of a period movies. But after a wéek I decided to give a try again. Since then I am looking forward for the next episodes. Lee Min ho's acting is superb. You can see in the expression of his eyes what he wants to tell. The lead actress is good also. Portraying 2 roles is hard. All the cast are good in their respecting roles. All eps. are superb but ep. 11 is different. You can see inner struggle of lee min ho about the his uncle who died and also how to protect his girl.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I found out from most of my friends that they want to watch 'The King' after it's finished because they don't want to wait long enough for the next episode. That may be the reason for lesser viewers now. I have seen the old k-dramas and I enjoyed it watching continuously, not waiting for the following week. Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I agree about the story plot does not fit for the genre which supposedly a drama- romance it turns into suspense and crime. And also those who are lines which focus on romance between the two lead actors it is too much for those supporting like the prime minister speech, the facial machine, Lee Min part as well. It is quite complicated already when they don’t totally elucidate the parallel universe. Please it is almost nearing to end but the drama no direction what is the main focus on the story.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I love this drama so much. More than goblin. The king is my number one drama now.

Episode 9 was very boring for mr

Anonymous 1 week ago

I would rate this drama 10/10. This is just logical to have watched a complex kind like this drama. You watch and you get curious about what will happen next in the scenes; every question will be answered to what we have just watched. I love every moment in this drama.

Anonymous 1 week ago

It don't need good brain, it need good eyes...

Anonymous 1 week ago

Please make the product placements / endorsements subtle. I really get annoyed when it is out of line. Example: the lip cheek tint balm scenario...the kimchi...etc.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I think having voice overs can improve the script a bit. The CGI is fine. The connectivity between scenarios can be improved. Sometimes, I get lost watching it. Why did LMH loved KGE so suddenly when I thought he was just curious about who saved his life. For KGE, it seems like the transition from being sarcastic to a lady in love is so drastic. The organic transition between emotions will help the viewers relate more to the drama.

Anonymous 1 week ago

For me, this drama is so exciting to watch. It needs intellectual ability for the viewer to understand the scene. It's very unique, and I love it.

Anonymous 1 week ago

the plot is there, the cast is there. it's just the story telling. it's true that the plot unravels very slowly and there's few characters that seem very useless in the drama. even 1 useless character would make the drama looks boring. kinda wanna continue the drama for the plot and the idea behind it but after 4 episodes, i grew bored of it.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Only few shots were given to the lead stars. So many supporting roles showed which have no following. Too many unnecessary characters. People want the lee minho face more on screen. The love easily bloomed like it just happened so there was no trill anymore. So many police station scenes. Too boring.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I think you’ve hit the issue right on the nail. I think LMH fans want to see him more. Basically.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Why do you need to be so particular in watching drama? All are for entertainment purpose. This is not some artistic show or literature drama for study purpose. The beginning of the show already mentioned, right? Everything is fictional

Anonymous 1 week ago

Only smart people can understand this drama...

Anonymous 1 week ago

I'm so in love with their characters, been waiting for the next episodes in Netflix, very nice drama!!!

Anonymous 1 week ago

The bad rating of this drama can be explained, and is inevitable. The plot is very smart and without plot-hole. A cohesion using a lot of correlations and philosophy. However, too many characters. The main plot doesn't advance, and is drowned in secondary scenes. Some good comedy and romance scenes. Emotion fails to express itself, except on a few rare occasions. Nothing hectic, very few plot-twists, it's quite boring. The direction is beautiful but lacks punch. The narration/realization uses a process deliberately (or awkwardly) intended to make the viewer confused, unable to understand and notice the essential details. This makes it even more difficult to get into the story. It is more of a conceptual game about cinematography or the way of narrating, rather than about the story itself, which presents simpler facts than they appear. Appreciating and memorizing situations or characters is close to the impossible, since the action keeps jumping from one situation to another, without any direct link, or exposing scenes without context, indication of places, reason to be there. In fact, no storyline manages to be followed. The entire drama refuses to imprint itself in the viewer's memory, making it even more painful to understand.

Anonymous 1 week ago

There's no problem with the actors cuz they are all great. The only thing is the chemistry between the love team are not match. The perfect match is the Prime Minister and the King. These two has chemistry even when they're whispering in the farm.

Anonymous 1 week ago

As my thinking,different people have different think. And it's okay.Theres no problem here. Like if all people have the same mind set up then the world wouldn't have came this far,it would have ended up earlier. As I've read the comments above there were people arguing. I can't understand why. I would like to request them to no t to do this. Just write about what's your opinion is. As the PINKVILLA wanted us to write down in the comment section below. They just wanted to know our opinion not our arguing. Plz just write what feel like.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I don't think anyone has the right to judge this series just because you don't like the series. I get that everyone is entitled to their opinions but honestly I love this movie and I like the way it is fast paced. The only reason people are criticizing this movie is because it is not as slow paced as the rest of the Korean series that they take like 10 episodes before they express themselves and their emotions and it is a fantasy and science fiction. I like the way Lee Min Ho expresses himself with mathematics and science. It is very beautiful and kind of cute,so people do not judge a book by it's cover. We are just in episode 10 we don't know what will happen in the remaining 6 episodes. Thanks and also not all series must have the same plot if they have the same plot most people will not watch it because it has the same plot and story line

Anonymous 1 week ago

I am watching several kdrama at the same time, TKEM, CLAY, Defendant, Hospital Playlist and W. TKEM cannot compete with these other drama at all. Lack of Romance, intensity, storyline and funny. I can’t wait to continue watching CLOY and Defendant but TKEM is lacking in many way. The only kdrama that LMH Shows true romantic connection with is PSH in The Hairs. Even in LOTBS, the 2 main leads tried very hard later to show connection. I do agreed it is the editing issues. The scene flip flopping back and forth too confusing. The beautiful cinematography remind me of Ang Lee movie “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon” basically for American audience.

Anonymous 1 week ago

As my thinking,different people might have different opinion and think. It's okay there's nothing wrong here. If every people have the same mind set up then the world wouldn't have came this far,it would have ended up earlier. As I've read the comments above, I found many people arguing. I would like to request them not to do it. Please ignore the comments which don't like. Try to write what's your opinion as the PINKVILLA article said. They just wanted you/us to write about our own opinion not our arguing about each other. And now I would like to share my opinion. I was really really waiting for this drama to air for a long time. And I'm really happy to see it and I'm really enjoying it. Yes it's a biiit complicated but it's okay if you try to understand as this drama's theme that is about parallel world. We can easily understand by the theme that its fictional charactered drama. But we can't say anything yet as the drama has 4 more episodes to go. And Kim go eun,kim kyung nam and woo doo hwan have already said in a press conference that to understand this drama we have watch it from the beginning to end otherwise it would be really tough to understand it's story.Lee min said has said today at jenga competition that the mystery will be getting unsolved as the drama will role on. So,why so getting so furious and aggressive right now!! Lee min ho also said in the conference that this drama is like a fairy tale to understand it you have imagine like it you have to feel li

Anonymous 1 week ago

I think there comes a point in time where some people need to be ignored together with the ratings. Thats the whole point of "acting" ,it DOES NOT DEPICT the reality of things. So please, for the love of some of us who are enjoying the show in the love of ACTING, may it continue with all our support even if its in the minority or not, loving the show to the bits. All the best and all the love xx

Anonymous 1 week ago

I have to say im dissapointed.. the story is good , the execution is bad. It was over advertised and now Lee Min Ho carries all the burden to make this drama work. People now are just watching it because they are his dedicated fans but even though its like that, there is a limit to how much we can indure. Please guys spice it up a bit.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I don't see anything wrong in the king eternal monarch Those that are criticizing the movie are actually senseless We were all ask to give opinions on how to improve the movie and some people are here insulting them The movie is actually awesome tho the story line is not straight Buh the casts and the crews are really trying #Fighting

Anonymous 1 week ago

Truth be told, I like the show. There was a time when parallel universes were unknown to me but I understand the script. I have right from the start. I think that the expectations were too high regarding the drama. Even so, I saw the little letdowns but in honesty, I still like it. I think you have to allow your imagination to just take over and lead you. When the king started to long for the police officer, it felt real. When the police officer decided to love her destiny that was handed her, I got it. Why wouldn't I, I'd have done the same if a King like that was going at me all the time. He had said that much all the time, right from the start. He had made himself clear right from the start. The Gillian is scary on so many different levels. And he's unbelievably intelligent. That is a formidable and deeply frightening thought. The fear is real, I live in a country where fear is understood. I get it. Then there is the story that needs to still unfold, my toes curl when I think how they're going to do it. I must say, I was trying to figure it out and it turned into a nightmare. Reassuringly, I know for a fact that the King and the police officer is going to make it in the end but what an end it will be if they loose someone so dear that I end up weeping. All in all, I see the possibilities here and I see the greatness that the show can have. I hope it give everyone a run for there money and silence those that writes it off as bland. Lots of love to Lee Min Ho and the rest.

Anonymous 1 week ago

The fact that the movie is not doing well in South Korea is nothing, what is massive is that it is the top watched series on Netflix in more than 10 countries... Idc about their ratings... Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun, I stan The drama is making me use my brain this days, y'all haters should try it.. The drama is good for your brain.. xoxo

Anonymous 1 week ago

Kim Go Eun is the perfect JTE. From the many facets of her daily cop role to a 30yr old woman who both were trying to tie the puzzle about the "delusional king," of trying really hard to keep the balance between her logic and the dictates of the heart. She was torn, confused then certain the confused again, it's a seesaw syndrome, which can happen realistically and she nailed it by her nuances of these varied emotions and her senses were synchronized with it.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Enough. Just let the writer be. I am watching and reading it from her point of view. Don't dare messing it up. It's a different genre that requires mindfulness. If it's your kind of coffee, go get another flavor and respect preferences. To cut it short, I love how the behind the scene players are giving their best to convey the unfolding of a story and I am moved by it. It continuously stimulate my mind, senses and never a dulll moment. If you can't do anything, shut up and read the script you want in your life but don't meddle in the excellent storytelling. Success and happiness to all who made TKEM

Anonymous 1 week ago

Hard to understand the parallel universe, hard to accept the team up of the two lead stars, no chemistry at all, although it's boring to watch, it's because of the excitement of the viewers to watch Lee Min Ho on screen again after his military training that's why viewers have no choice but to watch the same

Anonymous 1 week ago

Don't speak for us who appreciate TKEM. We have constructive reasons. Say all you want but never dare to be our mouthpiece inasmuch as I respect why you don't like it. Do the same.

I love the dram I'm very happy I love you LEE MIN HO

Anonymous 1 week ago

Who cares about similarity to Japan.... Koreans are way too sensitive...it's high time to move on from past histories

Anonymous 1 week ago

Why should they focus on romance alone....is this rom-com drama?....so crazy

Anonymous 1 week ago

I think there is nothing to change in the drama...the drama is already perfect as it is and we have many viewers who love it like that

Anonymous 1 week ago

Lee min ho is quite popular here in my country...so whatever he did is a trend.....but this drama is the best have seen from him so far

Anonymous 1 week ago

Oh my gosh...over 220k read just between yesterday and today...no wonder tha the publisher copied this kind of tabloid post...., A positive articles from you about TKEM would have attracted more readers....I think by now, we all know TKEM is the talk of the world

Anonymous 1 week ago

Exactly. And so funny, bashers are crashing in in whatever forms but mostly offensive and want to be the screenwriter, director, and campaigning for their stable of actors to be casted. Reviewing merely 1-2 episodes for their conclusions. Those who resonate with it are having their happy pills while the aspiring critic, media outlets, rabid fans refused to grow up with their maturing artists. This all boils down to one thing clearly - success has many parents queueing while failure leaves one an orphan.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Im very very happy with the drama so far, i thought that the love hate relationship was a bit to long. But all and all the plot is what is keeping me wanting more. I wished that the female lead was more open in the begining it showed that she is cloed minded and worst with no manners. Woman that are strong even with no college degree need to go by there guts. I think if you are strong and brave you can show it by being kind too. Dont mistake strong with agressive. I love the show really love Lee Min Ho too.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I like the story but the 2 main actors don't have chemistry. They are two good actors but they seem to be not connected with each other when they act. I don't feel the love when they say I love you to each other.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I love the drama ,always make me curious .

Anonymous 1 week ago

HEIRS 2 PLEASE....LEE MIN HO AND PARK SHIN HYE...

Anonymous 1 week ago

I am a solid fan of MinHo. Now I finally understood why he accepted the script and the king's role. In this drama I saw how he has changed and really matured a lot as an artist. So I am supporting him in his pursuit and hopefully he will take on more varied roles in the future. I noted also that the artist he is paired of and the role given to her is amazing in her performance. I also understand him now why he wanted to work with her. She has such soulful eyes that convey emotions and she does it so naturally. She becomes the writer's JTE, indeed a very interesting persona.

Anonymous 1 week ago

Well.....we are still looking forward for Lee Min Ho and Park Shin Hye to do HEIRS 2....we are patiently waiting for their comeback. For sure it would be trending.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I personally think they shouldn't change a damn thing, the series is perfect as is. It requires people to really reason, and the love story isn't a cliché, i mean aren't we tired of the same old things. Problem is, Some people choose to focus more on the negative headlines and those headlines already decided for them that its a bad series. It is not everyones taste i agree, regardless, if you really wanna enjoy the series, block out all the negativity and watch from episode one and make your own decision. As for me i love everthing about it. Keep it up TKEM team!

Anonymous 1 week ago

I will watch Leemin ho in anything...he's a super actor and beautiful to watch

Anonymous 1 week ago

I like it because it's not mainly focused on romance and to 2 main characters alone. Each character has their own stories. It's the story line that matters. The upcoming episodes gets exciting!!!

Anonymous 1 week ago

As for me I love the drama so far from ep. 1-10. The acting of LMH has improve so much over the years I truly believe this is the best of all his works which i have watch them all. I don’t understand the criticism but I guess just lime what other people commented it has something to do with the intellect of each individual. All I can say thank you for creating this story

Anonymous 1 week ago

I love it. I've been anticipating the weekly episodes. There's an element of thrill in it. The film is easy to follow and I enjoyed every show. The character, Lee Gon, is dreamy.

Anonymous 1 week ago

If you love fantasy movies, you can understand and you will enjoy the movie. Your brain will work for this drama. If you are not into it, you will get confused meaning you just wanted an easy movie without thrill.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I love the king eternal from episode 1 to 10. Its amazing the acting of lee min ho is great and he is so handsome whatever he wears. I am the avid fan of the king lee gon

Anonymous 1 week ago

I think its a lovely drama only smart people can understand it also if you've not written a script before don't judge the writers. We Nigerians love this movie and think it's awesome

Anonymous 1 week ago

There are several problems with the show: 1. Script is very hard to follow. 2. Lead Female actress has been mis-casted and I see no chemistry of between two lead actors.

Anonymous 1 week ago

I love this movie...yes there are moments that I get confused but that's the beauty of this drama..I have no anticipation of what next episode brings..its unique and interesting and am looking forward for the next episode with NO expectation of what would happen next...I'm enjoying this drama..its not boring at all.

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options