The King: Eternal Monarch will premiere its 16th and final episode tonight. But before we watch the curtain call, Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun and Woo Do Hwan share their favourite moments from the series.
The King: Eternal Monarch: Lee Min Ho reveals his FAVOURITE scene, final thoughts & special message for fansThe King: Eternal Monarch: Lee Min Ho reveals his FAVOURITE scene, final thoughts & special message for fans

The King: Eternal Monarch is all set to premiere its final episode today. The drama marks the first series that Min Ho has starred since his military training has come to an end. Fans have loved every moment of the series. While they are eager to know how the show ends, the cast - Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun and Woo Do Hwan - are opening up about their experiences of working on the fantasy drama and their favourite moment on the show.

In a report published by Naver, Min Ho revealed his favourite scene from the series was when Lee Gon takes Jung Tae Eul into his Korean empire. He said his favourite moment was when he said, "I am the emperor of the Korean Empire, and my name, which was chosen to not be called, is Lee Gon." The journey, which starts at the end of the fourth episode, sees Tae Eul experience Gon's world and explore the Kingdom on her own.

While Min Ho picked a happy moment, Go Eun picked an emotional reunion between Tae Eul and Gon as her favourite moment from the series. The actress picked the bloodstained reunion between the lovers after Tae Eul was almost killed by Lee Lim and his men. “I remember the scenes well because we filmed in Busan for three full days. I felt good because I think the viewers liked these scenes as well," she said.

오늘도 우리 함께 #더킹영원의군주

A post shared by @ ggonekim on

The tear-jerking moment was indeed one of the best moments on the show. Woo Do Hwan picked an unexpected scene as his favourite. The actor, who left viewers spellbound with his starkly different performances via Jo Young and Jo Eun Seob on the series, picked the scene Jo Young and Jo Eun Seob first meet is his favourite. "I prepared very hard because that scene is one where you can see right away the story and character traits that have built up from the first episode to the sixth.” If we were to pick, we'd pick their farewell scene. Damn, we are tearing up with the mere mention of the moment.

What were your favourite scenes of the three actors from The King: Eternal Monarch? Let us know in the comments below.

Apart from talking about their favourite moments, Min Ho also said this series stands special for this is the first show he has acted in during his 30s. “This drama is one that I started as an actor in my 30s, and I think it’ll become a time of nourishment that will decorate the next page in my future," he said. "Above all, I am grateful for the people I have met again and for the people I have met for the first time," he added.

Min Ho also went on to thank fans for the love they've showered on him via the show. "I want to thank the fans, who have waited a long time, and the viewers," he said. Sharing his final thoughts, he prays his fans to stay healthy during these tough times. "Don’t grow tired during these times, and I really hope you stay healthy. I’m rooting that you will nicely walk the path that you have chosen for yourself. As for me, I will do my best in every moment and go forth firmly with each step," he said.

A post shared by 이민호 leeminho (@actorleeminho) on

Go Eun also thanked viewers and said it was because of the fans of the show that she could stay strong until the final day of the shoot. “I was able to stay strong and film until the end thanks to each and every time the viewers said that they were enjoying the drama. I am really thankful," she said.

Do Hwan echoed similar sentiments as he thanked fans for the continuous support. “We have raced to the end from the first to last filming without rest, and the script and set were so good that I really didn’t want to rest. I will do my best and show the viewers and fans continuous improvement as well as better acting. Thank you so much for loving [the drama]," he said.

Are you excited for The King: Eternal Monarch Ep 16? Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

ALSO READ: Thursday Theories: The King: Eternal Monarch Ep 16: Is THIS why Lee Min Ho doesn't identify Kim Go Eun?

Stay updated with the latest entertainment,fashion and lifestyle news. Get our Newsletter

Anonymous 2 weeks ago

I've read that an online poll has elected Lee Min-Ho as Asian Male God. I would leave out the 'Asian'... ;-).

Anonymous 1 month ago

Loved the entire cast of TKEM , The lead pair had a perfect chemistry the story plot was very interesting and unique . Loved this drama from start to end which was very practical. Simply amazing and entertaining .

Anonymous 1 month ago

After watching CLOY, the King : eternal monarch became like a joke to me. I had to stop half-way and couldn’t continue despite having the super-sensational Lee-Min Ho in it. So sad ...

Anonymous 2 months ago

Kind of dissappointed of the ending.I think they can do better than this.The writer same as "Goblin" but I can see everything in "Goblin" such as happiness,dramatic,the truth of human.The main and sub characters are perfect match.The writer should stop the plot about keep walking in space & time.It's her signature but boring neighter.The Ost familiar to Goblin but when you listen to "Goblin Ost." It'll remind you of the scenes of the series , it's meaningful.One thing that I still stick with "The King " because of Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun and Woo Do-Hwan.Thx for the team who made it.I hopefully, you'll listen to the audiences.

Anonymous 2 months ago

This Korean drama is the best I’ve seen so far and I have watched hundreds of ‘em. It is superb writing and the cast is very well picked esp Kim Go Eun. Congratulations to the creators of this drama for this masterpiece that no other Korean dramas’ ever come close to.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I enjoyed the science, the fantasy, the drama, and the romance. The actors brilliantly portrayed the intense and delicate emotions. I hope they do another season. Infinite universes, infinite stories.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I love it. Good luck to your next project. I do enjoy the flick. Stay safe and God Bless

Anonymous 2 months ago

I'm from Newfounland, Canada I started watching The King.Eternal Monarch and the acting is awesome and loved it. I have since watched several Korean movies or series and enjoyed many of them. I now look for those shows on Netflix

Anonymous 2 months ago

This is a Great Show! I Love it!. I am going to watch it again♥️ Thank you to Lee Min Ho and Entire Cast! I Love You All ♥️

Anonymous 2 months ago

I loved it. I think they are all amazing actors and very good looking. I also love any series from Korean. I just think you all are amazing. Love the chemistry amongst you all

Anonymous 2 months ago

Congratulations to Lee Min Ho and the Entire Cast for giving us a few hours of time to take us away from the challenges of this world and let us smile, laugh and cry. ♥️ Praying for you Always ♥️

Anonymous 2 months ago

This was truly a gripping drama. Everyone's acting was superb and while having a season 2 would allow fans to gaze upon the stars, I usually find additional seasons redundant and boring. I thought that the conclusion was done in an ingenious way in that it wasn't a fairytale ending and that the joy they found in each other would continue perhaps eternally. Jg

Anonymous 2 months ago

LMH drama and movie ranking. 1. Boys over flowers!!! 2. City hunter 3. Heirs 4. Personal taste 5. Gangnam blues I would have ranked this higher if they didn’t edit out the LMH sex scene :) 6. Legend of The Deep Blue Sea 7. Faith 8. The Eternal Monarch 9. Bounty Hunters

Anonymous 2 months ago

I’m a huge LMH fan, but I didn’t love The Eternal Monarch. I switched to BOF between episodes so I could get my fix of Mr. beautiful in full charm mode. He’s gorgeous in anything he does, but this was really not a good drama. I’m really mad at the writer for delivering such a dumb storyline, how can anyone possibly make my favorite actor appear dull. LMH, we all still love you!

Anonymous 2 months ago

Waiting for the grands. last episode seeing them two wed. for the King said the future queen of the Kingdom of Korea, therefore, we should see the final scene seeing the wedding of the The King and The Queen of the Kingdom of Korea as The King said when he is rescuing his saying "PROTECT HER SHE IS THE FUTURE QUEEN OF THE KINGDOM OF KOREA" Therefore, we should see that this will be a happy ending seeing the King to be wed to his future queen. i think the wedding of the King will be one of the most excitement scene we should watched for the King is so much in love with his future queen.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Congratulations to all the casts of this fantasy drama series especially LMH. Started being a fan of Korean shows only this April,2020 & I find them very entertaining,amazing & very informative when it comes to Korean histories & culture & the writers of the shows have different concepts which I loved most.Thank you so much & I promised I will be a forever superfan of Korean tele dramas & shows. God bless to everyone who made these good quality shows which are worth remembering!!!

Anonymous 2 months ago

a love soo deep that made this drama superb..when the king said how he loved her queen deeply that he opened all the doors just to look for his love..during this pandemic time this drama you really entertain us with deep meaning of what love is ...congratulations to the whole team God bless and keep safe everyone...

Anonymous 2 months ago

Love the fantasy story, 3 characters did great! Do wann very talented and very promising star in the future love his actions!

Anonymous 2 months ago

There should have been a WEDDING and then let them time travel. I wanted Lee Gon and Tae Eul to have a wedding for her to become his Queen and the Queen of Corea!!! I loved the series but felt robbed for them not getting the total fairy tale ending...

Anonymous 2 months ago

i kinda feel like a fairy tale ending wouldn’t have fit this series. it wouldn’t have logistically been right and i think the way they ended it was perfect for their story <3

Anonymous 2 months ago

LMH and KGE one of my fav Korean actors CONGRATS with The KING...I hope that you'll still make another epic in the future..ALL the cast did great, Congratulations...I've been watching on my fon and at home...I can't get over...love it...stay safe everyone

Anonymous 2 months ago

I enjoyed the show tremendously but, I must say I was a bit disappointed with the end. No Queen. ????. no marriage for a couple who was so in love. ? where is the suspense. Well I guess it's a modern day Fantasy where marriage is no longer of importance. They loved each other throughout their lives and grow old together. well don actors. great job.

Anonymous 2 months ago

I have only recently started watching Korean drama and so far I Love the LMH ones, u r very Talented Actor and quite handsome as well. well done in all u dramas I have seen so far. Also yr Costars was Awesome. Brit/ USA.

Anonymous 2 months ago

As I’ve said before, no matter how great a story Korean Drama can come up with, they just can’t end the drama well. The ending could have been more romantic- got married, more intimate etc. but they ended it with a “let’s travel together forever”. Didn’t they talk of marriage, being queen? Anyway, I enjoyed it. I’ll have to watch it again because Netflix can’t keep up with the subtitles. There were a lot I missed. The casting is fantastic, acting was great, the story was okay but the ending is a bit short of okay. I love all actors though.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Best drama 2020, showing Love is forever... I'm so happy watching this beautiful story of Love between two different Worlds.. AMAZING MIND WHO CREAT THE STORY... I SALUTE YOU

Anonymous 2 months ago

I love the series the king is so awesome

Anonymous 2 months ago

The whole series is an emotional roller coaster but it's worthwhile to experience it. The actors are impeccable in their jobs as usual. Love this drama!

Anonymous 2 months ago

LOVED this show! The acting was superb, the story was complex and intriguing, and the photography was beautiful, especially in the last episode. Very said it has come to an end, but I'll be watching it again.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Thank you TKEM team for this awesome drama! Everyone did a great job, what a professional team you have! I wish you well. I really think this drama deserve a lot of awards for the

Anonymous 2 months ago

Loved the show. Love the acting and actors . Show was a great showcase For them to show different characters, want see more of these actors. Thank for the work you cast and crew did.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Best of luck to all the actor and actress and the team of The king eternal monarch for all new your project ,the series was really wonderful I enjoyed each an every episode of the series and Lee Minho and Kim Go Eun have best chemistry ever

Anonymous 2 months ago

It is a wonderful drama and LMH did come with a "bang "after such a long time. I REALLY enjoyed watching this drama. A true legacy in the world korean drama!!!

Anonymous 2 months ago

What a brilliant ending. I was not expecting that at all. Thank you. Thank you so much for not splitting apart.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Best K-drama ever!! I hope Lee Min Hon and Go Eun can work on another project in the future. Do Hwan is very talented I loved both of his characters. Best of luck to you guys!! I will be rooting for you always! Be safe

Anonymous 2 months ago

Absolutely incredible story, loved it, can not wait for the last episode, i really hope they come up with season 2, best wishes to the entire team.

Please give us a season 2

Anonymous 2 months ago

Yes I agree incredible drama please please give us a season 2 staring with a royal wedding, I'm sure that the amazing writer can do it,the writer are so amazing you kept us in tears and on the edge of my seat,I love every second of the drama the love story was off the chains,the king first time dating was beautiful, I pray God blessings upon you today and everyday keep writing #exciting drama

Anonymous 2 months ago

TKEM is the best K-Drama in 2020 for sure. Thank you Netfelix. Hopefully LMH and KGE will have another project together in the near future. Best of luck guys. Huge supporter from the USA. Loved your role LMH as Kim Tan in Heirs. You are so handsome and talented :-)

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options