The King: Eternal Monarch star Lee Min Ho to take legal action against malicious commenters

Updated on Aug 13, 2020 06:06 PM IST  |  6.6M

The King: Eternal Monarch actor Lee Min Ho is taking legal actions against unlawful and malicious comments. The actor's legal representative LIWU issued a statement to reveal that they are monitoring malicious comments posted against the Legend of the Blue Sea actor. The film is monitoring comments and posts of senseless personal attacks, sexual harassment, the spreading of false information, and malicious rumors. They are monitoring posts and comments posted by people on various platforms to compile evidence and making complaints.

The law firm has also added that they are receiving information through Lee Min Ho's agency MYM Entertainment's email. Via Soompi, the statement reads, "The law firm LIWU is currently monitoring unlawful posts (malicious comments) regarding MYM Entertainment actor Lee Min Ho that contain senseless personal attacks, sexual harassment, the spreading of false information, and malicious rumors."

"We are in the process of compiling evidence of malicious comments by people who have posted online on places such as DC Inside, cafes, and blogs, advising or requesting deletion, building up data on malicious commenters, and making criminal complaints. We are also collecting evidence and building a list of malicious commenters based on information received through the e-mail address from MYM below, so we are hoping to receive a lot of information," the statement added.

On the work front, the actor was last seen in The King: Eternal Monarch. The SBS drama marked Lee Min Ho's first series since his return from the mandatory military training. The South Korean heartthrob is yet to announce his next project.

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

ALSO READ: The King: Eternal Monarch star Lee Min Ho replicates our lockdown life in his latest Instagram photos

Comments
User Avatar
User Avatar
Anonymous : I'm from India. Two weeks back I liked a Lee Min Ho page on Facebook and I got invited by him to chat. I thought OK and we chatted on the messenger. Then he asked me to download hangouts on Gmail because he felt I was special and different. There was something that attracted him. We started chatting. He wanted to know my country, age, job, family members, etc,. We would chat just one to two minutes from then on. It was mostly him praising me. asking me for my photo and then praising me on it, then told about his breakup with his girlfriend who cheated on him and didn't want to go through the same again. Told me he loved me and asked me not to break his heart. This went on for a week. I felt the emotion too and we exchanged all lovey-dovey messages. When the emotions escalated one week later, suddenly he said he is sad. The reason is his charity to Western Africa has a shortfall. So he wants me to contribute. I told him I can't because lockdown has put me in a difficult situation. After that, it was a low exchange of messages but still love-filled. Another week passes, messages have become fewer and sometimes long gaps. He says he's too busy, no time for himself. He sends me many photos, but later I see them in the media. I had a hunch from the beginning that something was wrong. But took the face value not to disrespect him. Once he sent a link and asked me to share it with my groups. I did and found that it had another name Abubakar and this person works in Paradise hotel i
User Avatar
Anonymous : I think there is still a lot to this story which is cut short. Can you please print the rest of it?
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : There r lee min hoo Instagram account and follows are 19.9 are it's real
REPLY 0 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I live in Ireland and I have also been scammed by someone pretending to be the real Lee Min Ho. I could see the way the conversation was going and the English was appalling. The person never answered any telling questions but continuously tried to butter me up. I blocked them before I got really mad with them.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I was also scammed by a Lee Min Ho impersonator. I was contacted in August and we text back and forth for several weeks. This person sent convincing pictures and could answer questions with ease. I feel sorry for the real Lee Min Ho to have all of these people mess with his fans.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I was involved in a romantic scam eventually asking for money by a person pretending to be Lee Min Ho. It lasted aprox 5 weeks from early July 2020. Totally upsetting for me, I was Naive to think it was for real upto the point of asking for a loan to help pay for court costs. Feel so sorry that the real Lee Min Ho has to go through this, it must be so stressful for him.
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : My Mom is involved in this now and I can’t get her to believe it’s not real! She’s sent $2800 for a meet and greet that she now knows will never happen. How do I get her back from this delusion?
REPLY 1 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Don't listen to or read things that are hurtful.People who are jealous and just plain mean are the worst.You are truly a pleasure to watch.Your smile,wit and laughter are what makes you different from the rest.Keep going forward...Chin up sunshine
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : We love you here in iceland keep up a good work bealways patient,we like all your drama especially the king,thank you
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I love your movies. Don't listen to haters. You movies are one of the best
REPLY 3 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : It is a dirty habit of some humans to defame people who are at the peak of their career. They are so jealous because they are incapable of success and becoming popular and thus they turn malicious. LMH you are the greatest actor, singer and model and you are talented and really capable of acting and performing. Your films and stage performances are enjoyed by all your thousands of fans all over the world and the movies and songs are more value added due to your handsome looks, your sweet smile and your simple charming personality. Do not get deterred by these idiots. We your fans are always behind you to support you. Continue your career without hesitation but by all means take legal action to punish the wrong doers. May God bless you and give you strength. Saranghae from Sri Lanka.
REPLY 7 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Nonsense that movie was wack and over hyped. Come to Nigeria and sue me. What nonsense!!!!!!
REPLY 1 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : With pleasure!
REPLY 0 4 months ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I'm enjoying watching your movies, tv series, The Heirs, Boys Over Flowers, Monarch King and many more.. Now I'm watching, City Hunter. I love you!!! Stay safe
REPLY 9 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I support your decision LMH. I love you plenty. You are a great artist. You make the movies come alive. You are the reason am hooked on Korean Series.
REPLY 8 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : It's about time that these haters will be put in their place . This is long overdue. All the negative write ups about TKEM, KGE and LMH that they don't deserve. Now TKEM is the most watched SK kdrama in Netflix..
User Avatar
Anonymous : Since LMH popularity rise up esp.when his chemistry to KGE becomes hit and love by people...many fans from the other celebrity was paired wth him become envious,they were hurt and sad for the reasons they want to hurt also LMH.Its better for LMH's side to take an action to stop those people...hope same with KGE situation...she gain a lot of bashers since she was paired to LMH.i hope they both take a legal actions to those who post malicious n lies comments.we will support u lmh n kge no matter what they'd say
REPLY 0 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : He is one of the best actors out there. I have watched Boys Over Flowers 8X, The King: Eternal Monarch 3X, Legend of the Blue Sea, and Heirs 3X. He’s awesome.
REPLY 15 1 year ago
Anonymous : Lee Min Ho forever Oppa
REPLY 7 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I think Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Urn both are great actors. They perform well together too. I feel the great chemistry between them. I do not blame the shippers’s wishful thinking about the couple as long as they do not invade their privacy. But I do agree the haters should be stopped. All the cruel criticisms are hurtful and untrue.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : My love Lee Min-Ho you're the best 99.9% on your side(fans)..1% haters......don't mind those people ..they're jealous only..saranghae LMH...❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Hoping through this people will learn how to use the social media flatforms. That every time you post or comment its also rincludes a esponsibilities of your action. To stress out especilally over edited pictures or fake specualtion without a proof. Picture are personal belonging or ownership of a person of which mean wheb you edited such pic you must ask for approval from the rightful owner.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : LMH, love your cute smile, so please smile just ignore & be happy. Snehal from India
REPLY 6 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Pls. Just ignore them they just want to pull you down....or too jealous of you....coz until right now your still famous...and still many people idolized you.... remember were here for you Lee Min Ho..... iloveyou.... not only me many of us loves you so much...always be happy and handsome!!!!
REPLY 6 1 year ago
REPLY 0 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Just ignore those rumors, they just want to pull you down because they are jealous. Always remember that so many people love and idolized you and will support and protect you all the way. Be happy always, seeing you happy will make us all more happier. Take care.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Don't let them control you just be you don't mind them..
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Stay strong like always... Days like this are meant to come, mad people everywhere, they can't do it better than you. Love you from Ghana
User Avatar
Anonymous : Be strong & successful. Think of us who love you. Ignore those haters who has no better life.
User Avatar
Anonymous : Thank you, yes LMH should take legal action. From what I see he is a kind, harmless, hard working & charming. So what if he has tweaked his looks, he is a good actor. Haters should keep comments to themselves or kick their own bucket. For they have nothing better to do.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : But he didn't get plastic surgery. That's also a widely spread rumour. There was a lawsuit regarding this back in the days. Some plastic surgery clinic advertised usung his pictures without consent and he filed a lawsuit and won. That's his natural face.
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : But he didn't get plastic surgery. That's also a wide-spread rumour. There was a lawsuit regarding this back in the days. Some plastic surgery clinic advertised usung his pictures saying he was a client without his consent and he filed a lawsuit and won. That's his natural face.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Lee min ho forever...
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Lee min Ho oppa fighting. Don't ever notice or mind all those shitty peoples who are against you. We all the fans support you salanghae ❤️❤️❤️
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : So many nasty, vicious people in the world, that have nothing better to do with their lives. Lee Min Ho you are drop dead gorgeous as are many of the Korean actors and a talented actor as well. Love the shows you are in. Did not want The King to end. Stay strong and positive, good luck on your next project
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Mr Lee be strong... ND plz smile...... A lots of idiot people r there, if we find ...
User Avatar
Anonymous : Thank You for protecting him, he will always prevail and us Minoz will eternally be at his side no matter what happens. Sending you love from San Diego California , Be strong Our dear Lee Minho
Anonymous : Honestly im not suprised
REPLY 1 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Those haters are just very jealous of lmh, they envy the fact that he is a legend and has gotten so many achievements so they try their best to spread hate,I Pity them!
REPLY 6 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : People will never stop gossipping, complaining, degrading, judging other for whatever reason. Stay cool as cool as The King you are in TKEM. I'm pretty sure you know how to handle this.
REPLY 9 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Omg people that lash out at actors or actresses, damn get a life.They work hard in their chosen profession an do a fantastic job, Lee Min ho absolutely loved your last drama ,all i have left to say to them slanders get a bloody life an leave him alone,jealousy is your enemy.
REPLY 10 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Althiough, I know that LMH is a positive thinking Person and has an incredible family & close circle of Friends to support him; the level of malicious Hate Mongering HURTS. I've read many of the hateful comments that have been posted; sadly many of these comments were made by people, who are supposedly LMH Fans.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : Sweet heart,people should be happy always
Anonymous : Nonsense post
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : If they like they should sue,that is their business.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : They should pay for such hate.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
Anonymous : We Love You Pheya, May God Always be with you..❤️❤️❤️
REPLY 6 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Hopefully he has a good support system to help with Mental resilience.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Hopefully he has got good people around him to help with psychological issues that can arise out of malicious individuals.
User Avatar
Anonymous : As a mom of 3 boys, all grown up and still growing and teacher, I know first hand what slander can do to young adults and how hurtful it can be. Hang in there, your talented and we all love seeing u on the screen, believe in yourself and the truth will prevail. Can't wait to hear about your next project, I love your work.
REPLY 13 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : If actions like this had been taken against haters and seasangs a long time ago, so many talented actors and idols could've still been in the industry and not quit. But I'm glad that's all ending. People need to be sued for intentionally ruining other people's lives!!! Unfortunately LMH Impersonators has been on-going long-time problem for Lee Min Ho.
REPLY 6 1 year ago
Anonymous : We gat u big time always and forever Lee min ho
User Avatar
Anonymous : Don’t worry your true fans are always with you❤️
REPLY 14 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I am your biggest fan I will support you every step of the way
User Avatar
Anonymous : lee min ho ❤️ we are always with u i have alot to report
REPLY 9 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : oh oh oh here we go the king in action ❤️❤️❤️
REPLY 6 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Why do you want to spread such bad rumors on a person who is so amazing I guess they are jealous of him.. We are with you min ho oppa
REPLY 7 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Not maybe jealous but REALLY REALLY JEALOUS you are very good & very handsome actor so candid & professional... ayit of Georgia USA
REPLY 6 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : In the Netherlands there is a saying that says. Look in the mirror before you make a different judgment. Likes Korean series anyway. Generally good actors and actresses.
REPLY 8 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I think, legal actions is the best way to stop all that people who like to try to destroy the others peoples life, or try to get advantage from doing those. Well done Mr. LMH
REPLY 9 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : We are always with you Pyeha. You were awesome and we all know how amazing TKEM was. It was amazing. Do not worry, let the haters cry their shit out as that’s the only thing they can do. On the other hand you are rising to the next level. Congrats LMHHHH
REPLY 9 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I applaud you for doing what's right. I was hooked on k dramas because of you. I'm 76 years old and a great fan of yours. You are a good actor and so humble. Stay as sweet as you are. Fighting.
REPLY 10 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Always with you. Pray for you every day. God protect you from evil people. I love your dramas. They hp me get through these times of crisis.
REPLY 9 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Good for him! I hate all the “shipping” comments.
Anonymous : We are allways with you
REPLY 6 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : We are allways with you....
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Fight for what is right Mr. Lee Min Ho... We are here for you.. And God is with you no matter what.. Stay safe... Stay strong.. Saranghae Idol... ☺️
User Avatar
Anonymous : About time these kinds of behaviour are given their due consequence. Not sparing even LMH is just too much. Haddd hai yaar.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Oppaaaa we always with you fight Oppaaaa unko chodna mat they have to Punishment. Saranghae oppaaa my Brother
REPLY 0 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I started watching Korean shows since the start of COVID 19 and am enjoying watching LMH and listening to his music. I have also trying to learn Korean with avision to visit Seoul and Busan in 2021. Wish he'll be in concert that I could attend.
REPLY 8 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I will always like lee min ho. Almost done watching all his kdramas.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Same but I want to visit in 2022 after covid hopefully How I can see him sing live or any other interview.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I ALSO STARTED WATCHING Lmh during lockdown .Im72 he brightened my day even my granddaughter loves him she's 2 .so genuine
REPLY 3 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : To be honest at the beginning I was not a fan of LMH and I can tell you that one of the major reason was that I always saw negative comments about him everywhere saying that he was "overrated"," talentless","he is popular just because he is handsome","he had plastic surgery" and what all bullshit then I thought of giving his dramas a try and saw him TKEM and he just blew me over with his acting skills and how he justified and outplayed the role of the righteous emperor and now I have seen all his works and became his DIE HARD FAN and my heart still pains when I see such malicious comments about himay god bless you Minho and always be happy. Saranghae.From India.
REPLY 17 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : It's heartbreaking to read stuff like that about him when its so not true. He's so freaking hardworking and thats how he's so successful but those jealous, insecure and good-for-nothing haters say it's all because of how good he looks. Seriously, they're living in the ice age to think people watch shows just for a handsome face.
REPLY 11 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Totally, agree with you.
REPLY 4 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I myself have seen so many bashful comments under his name that doesn't even make any sense.If you don't like him well that's your personal preference but that doesn't give anyone the right to talk nonsense or spread false rumors about him.Very good Minho.You've taken the correct decision rightfully.Always be happy,and remember we Minoz are always with you!!!
REPLY 14 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Now it's about time to take legal actions on those ruthless and idiotic people who always talk nonsense about Pheya. I am proud of you Minho Oppa.And always remember that THE KING'S WORD IS THE LAW.I am so happy.We Minoz can do it!!!Love from India to SK.I purple you!
REPLY 7 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Good for Lee Min Ho. Free speech is one thing and everyone is allowed their own opinions, but harassing him or other's is wrong and against the law. Demeaning others, to make yourself feel superior is a also wrong. I understand that TV/Movie Stars or any public figure is going to get good and bad attention, but they're still human beings and are protected under the same laws. My personal thoughts are this. If I don't enjoy watching a certain show or celebrity, I watch something else. Why waste my time and energy focusing on anything I don't enjoy. Lee Min Ho is a enjoyable young person to watch. So I look forward to seeing his new projects. From Idaho USA. God Bless!
REPLY 1 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : *HOW TO REPORT TO MYMxLIWU* These are the steps to follow-> 1. Make a pdf copy of the article (where the malicious comments are left) including the URL, TITLE of article, DATE of posting and TIME of posting. These 4 details MUST be visible. A pdf format is more preferred than a screenshot. 2. Copy the URL and paste it in the body of your email also. (The lawfirm has to record these and typing it out from every single pdf report will be very time-consuming) 3. Send this report-mail to protect@mym-ent.com. 4. Attach ONLY ONE pdf per mail. If you have multiple reports, send multiple mails for each one of them separately. Once again, E-mail: protect@mym-ent.com Go Minoz! We can bring the change!
REPLY 9 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : what's the email address malicious comments about LMH may be reported to?
REPLY 1 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : it's about time. they should have done this while TKEM was airing. LMH and TKEM were being bashed to pieces then. actually, even up to now. I don't understand the hate. most probably envy?
REPLY 18 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I agree remarks made out of envy and hate are just that and need to stop. We love watching you Kdrama or movie. You are one of the best.
REPLY 8 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Agreed. I hope the haters will get fined and punished. Stay strong LMH. Protect yourself and all your loved ones. Love you so much from the US.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : I said the same thing! I wrote scathing response to every single hateful post.
REPLY 2 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Mr.Lee love u so much nd love ur smile..... So plz smile ....just ignore shit type of people..... In life we will meet every type of people... Some r gud some r mental ...
REPLY 3 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : Why Koreans hate or most probably envy with him? Shameless them.But non Koreans always watch his dramas and impatiently waiting for his next projects.How disgusting those who insult him and his hardworking.It's really disgusting to see when they disrespect the one who make Korean wave.We don't know Korea but we know Lee Min Ho.
REPLY 0 1 month ago