Soon after Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie parted ways, the actor reached out to Jennifer Aniston with an apology. The apology paved the way for a new friendship.
Monday Memories: When Brad Pitt apologised to Jennifer Aniston after his split from Angelina JolieMonday Memories: When Brad Pitt apologised to Jennifer Aniston after his split from Angelina Jolie

It is no secret that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston are on good terms today. The former couple parted ways back in 2005. The divorce did not end well. With Brad moving on with Angelina Jolie, confirming rumours of his affair with the actress while he was married to Jen, the tabloids did not spare the trio. To turn the equation uglier, Brad gave an interview to an international outlet where he said some harsh statements about his marriage with the Friends alum.

In 2011, he spoke to Parade magazine where he said some hurtful statements about his relationship with Jennifer. "I spent the '90s trying to hide out, trying to duck the full celebrity cacophony. I started to get sick of myself sitting on a couch, holding a joint, hiding out. It started feeling pathetic. It became very clear to me that I was intent on trying to find a movie about an interesting life, but I wasn't living an interesting life myself. I think that my marriage had something to do with it. Trying to pretend the marriage was something that it wasn't," he told the magazine.

"I'm satisfied with making true choices and finding the woman I love, Angie, and building a family that I love so much. A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss.  … That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all," he added. He later apologised. "It grieves me that this was interpreted this way. Jen is an incredibly giving, loving and hilarious woman who remains my friend. It is an important relationship I value greatly. The point I was trying to make is not that Jen was dull, but that I was becoming dull to myself -- and that, I am responsible for," he said.

Brad moved on to become parents to six children - Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh, Knox and Vivienne - while Jen married Justin Theroux. After dating Angie for almost a decade before Angie and Brad announced they were engaged and eventually tied the knot. However, within two years of the wedding, Angelina filed for divorce.

It was after that, Brad raised the white flag and reached out to Jen in 2016. According to a source of Entertainment Tonight, Brad reached out The Morning Show star and apologised to her. "Brad is in such a different place than he was when they were together. Brad is truly an introspective guy who has worked hard on himself. He has apologized to her for many things he felt were his issues in their relationship. He truly takes ownership of his mistakes, and that has changed their relationship with each other today. They both have moved on," an insider told ET.

The former couple has come a long way since the apology. Not only did Brad attend Jen's 50th birthday party last year, but they also gave a rare glimpse of their mended relationship at the SAG Awards 2020. Videos from the backstage showed the actor watching Jen accept her SAG Awards before he called out her name in the backstage. The Once Upon A Time actor congratulated Jennifer on her SAG victory. Although the moment was brief, the cameras captured the historic moment to give us at least four photos from the iconic reunion.

Although Brad had clarified during the awards season that he shares a friendly bond with Jennifer, tabloids refused to stop speculating about their relationship. International entertainment outlets have fans believing that the couple has reunited. Not a long ago, a tabloid also claimed Brad and Jennifer have planned to marry. They had invited their families and friends, with Brad's mother excited about the reunion. Another rumour also had fans believing that they had adopted a baby.

More recently, rumours about Brad's growing closeness with his friend Alia Shawkat are making the headlines. Sources told Us Weekly last week that Brad is spending time amid the Coronavirus induced lockdown with the Arrested Development actress. Meanwhile, rumours about Angelina and Brad's daughter Shiloh wanting to call Jennifer "mummy" also spread like wildfire. However, Jen's rep cleared the air on the rumour. Read all about it here: Jennifer Aniston DISMISSES rumours of Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt's daughter Shiloh wanting to call her 'mummy'

ALSO READ: Jennifer Aniston devastated over Brad Pitt's growing closeness with Alia Shawkat?

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here
Anonymous 6 months ago

Show the truthful comments that defend Brad Pitt. Aniston's PR flacks and fans are out of control.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Angelina Jolie is best with Brat Pitt or he isn't worth to be with Angelina Jolie

Anonymous 7 months ago

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt is the best .... No one others ....

Anonymous 7 months ago

who paid for all this boo sheet mag article about Jen and Brad.. end up of the road Jen is heart sick.. pitty her

Anonymous 7 months ago

Seriously Brad Pitt need a deliverance from women... He needs to ask himself a question on how many women or wives will he marry and divorce then go back to the one available instantly? He rather make things right with Angie in the name of their children and become together again as long as he is sober again... Trust guys Angelina is still in love with Pitt maybe waiting for him to make advances, Who knows!!!???

Anonymous 7 months ago

Angie loves noone but herself she dosnt want Brad back just dosnt want anyone else to have him angie is a bitch you forget she wouldn't talk to dad because he copied on her mom but she could chippy with Brad he was married to Jennifer stop an think

Anonymous 7 months ago

Brad Pitt has been smeared and vilified by these two women who are still planting articles and hit pieces. Angelina has never been sober and neither has Aniston yet he gets policed over their exaggerations

Anonymous 7 months ago

I WANT, AND BELIEVE THEY EACH MUST DO WHAT IS RIGHT FOR EACH OF THEM, PERIOD! NO OPINIONS FROM OTHERS MUST MOLD THEIR PRESENT, AND FUTURE! GOD HAS BIG EYES AND EARS! HE IS THE BEST GUIDE, RIGHT NOW AND FOREVER!

Anonymous 7 months ago

Why are you yelling? All CAPS is yelling.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Get off their nutz how about that!!! Yall r some dumb a*** sitting up here like that arguing over sh** yall have no clue about forreal I cant even believe they would post this garbage leave those people alone!!!

Anonymous 7 months ago

Anniston has poor radar when it comes to men...she dated John Mayer and married Justin Theroux. A rekindled romance with Brad Pitt would be yet another bad choice.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Aniston is a toxic shallow narcissist who smears all of her exes, most notably Brad since he is the most famous and powerful one

Anonymous 7 months ago

Stop the rumors already. Being friends with your ex yes, but if I were Jennifer I'm not gonna go back to Brad. Learn from the past. Do not subject yourself to another heartache. You already disposed of that garbage, do not pick it up again.

Anonymous 7 months ago

He actually did not leave her and Angelina was not the reason. They broke up after years of unhappiness and she was caught with his friend but lied about an affair. Then he moved on with Jolie who happened to be in the picture because she was his most recent co-star

Anonymous 7 months ago

Brad Pitt is not garbage. Somebody posted the truth and now her PR team has recruited dozens of flacks to attack Brad Pitt more. She has and never will be some perfect angel victim.

Anonymous 7 months ago

He left her. People leave because they are not happy with the person they are with. He preferred Angelina. That’s how life is sometimes.

Well said!

Anonymous 7 months ago

Please leave them alone to get on with there lives,

Anonymous 7 months ago

Jennifer Aniston should move on.Its been so many years that you guys were apart.Dont go back to that sadness of life you had after the divorce.Find somebody that will really love till death do you part.Never dwell in the past.You deserve to be happy.If you go back to him you'll have so many baggages to carry.Always remember this!!! You can always learn to love a person as long as he loves and respect you.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Aniston did not treat any of her exes with respect or honesty. She betrayed and threw Pitt under the bus in the most savage manner.

Well said!

Anonymous 7 months ago

It has literally been yeeeaaarrss. Why on earth would they get back together? He is not interested in her and I doubt she's interested in him. Let it go! The man is still raising children with his latest ex wife. That's the relationship that needs to be a healthy one for the sake of his children. They aren't going to just disappear because people keep fantasizing about some relationship that has been over for almost 15 years.

Anonymous 7 months ago

It is true. In AA that is a STEP that must be taken. Isnt it like #5???

Anonymous 7 months ago

Load of crap he still loves Anndel Load of crap he still loves angelea Jolie pitt

Anonymous 7 months ago

You hilarious! Get with the times. Angelina is into women once again and Brad moved on.Period.

Anonymous 7 months ago

He's had enough of that ManEater to last him a lifetime!

Anonymous 7 months ago

Can people actually realize Jennifer Aniston doesn't have to wait for anybody. I think she's happier than Brad Pitt could ever be !!!!!?

Anonymous 7 months ago

Such rubbish. Is that why her entire PR schtick is trashing her exes and recycling the same nasty spin?

Anonymous 7 months ago

She does not radiate happiness and is still obsessed with smearing Pitt and Jolie after 15 years.

Anonymous 7 months ago

I don't even like Anniston. And I agree that she has found happiness since her marriage to Pitt. I don't think she's any happier than he us. The BOTH found happiness elsewhere. Nothing wrong with that. I wish all 3 of them well.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Damn you are so right. Jen is always a happy person. She doesn’t have to wait fir anyone.

Anonymous 7 months ago

So true. she radiates happiness. He looks dour and blue alot to me!!

Anonymous 7 months ago

Brad Pitt is in love with me now!!

Anonymous 7 months ago

She shouldn't file for divorce from him. Brad loved Jennifer he told her that he didn't had nothing with Angelina. He and Angelina didn't made no sense

Anonymous 7 months ago

I believe it’s one of the steps in AA to reach out and acknowledge the hurt you have caused, take ownership for your part and apologize. I have family members you have done this. So I believe he did reach out to Jen to apologize for the hurt...

Anonymous 7 months ago

You are absolutely correct Brad Pitt has admitted that he is taking his sobriey seriosly. That would include owning things you have done wrong in the past

Anonymous 7 months ago

That is correct. It is one of the 12 Steps in AA and Al Anon.

Anonymous 7 months ago

That is correct. It is one of the 12 Steps in AA and Al Anon.

Anonymous 7 months ago

That is correct. It is one of the 12 Steps in AA and Al Anon.

Anonymous 7 months ago

I don't think Jennifer cares and neither do I.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Aniston cares and plants these claims every single month

Anonymous 7 months ago

I would love these two to get back together

Anonymous 7 months ago

Aniston does not deserve love and she has done nothing but use & abuse Pitt

Anonymous 7 months ago

Aniston won't ever do better than Brad Pitt. She has to resort to trashing him to elevate herself.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Not me. I’ve never though Jennifer and Brad were good together. I like Angelina much better and her and Brad made a much better couple. Brad must have though so too. That’s why he had children and a family with her.

Anonymous 7 months ago

You got a me too. Archer

Anonymous 7 months ago

I think Jennifer Aniston. Can do alot better than Brad Pitt. She should stop renting him any space in her head... some one will deeply care and love her. This o know!!!

Anonymous 7 months ago

Aniston planted this story. Brad Pitt's team has denied these false claims of apologies and confessions before. The media is trying to erase those old articles and run with this narrative instead. He is not going to apologize for an affair he did not have. Now he has to be more passive since Aniston pretended to be friends with him

Anonymous 7 months ago

You are demented to spout such trash and lies. Aniston has non-stop dragged Pitt & Jolie for 15 years. There was no dignified silence. She has been planting malicious articles and manipulating people with spin to cover up the truth about herself. Dignified silence? Tons of underhanded media attacks that rage on to this day and a dozen vicious interviews. She drags them while they gracefully denied an affair

Anonymous 7 months ago

I have known the truth for 15 years and have family who worked on that set. He did not cheat on Aniston with Jen. God is the real witness.

Anonymous 7 months ago

It is demented to pretend that Aniston has maintained a dignified silence when there are a slew of interviews, articles from her that trash Pitt and Jolie with misconceptions.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Aniston's PR team planted this story and she does this every week. No confirmation of an affair, only denials. What other actress has played victim for 15 years.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Aniston has always maintained a dignified silence throughout Brad and Angelina affair. They are the ones who kept dragging Aniston into news when they have a film to promote. You must be demented to think otherwise. Ha...

I think not

Anonymous 7 months ago

Jen did not plant this story the media keeps on putting fake stories out there ...... so what the Hell are you talking about !?!? What Affair..... You. People are too much get over it already this has been going on for 15 years all the lies people just can't let go of Jen and Brad .....

Anonymous 7 months ago

If you honestly believe he did not have an affair with Jolie under Jen's nose then I've got some snow I can sell you in Alaska.

Anonymous 7 months ago

Your theory is ridiculous.

All rumors