One month on, Prince Philip leaves Central London hospital after recovering from heart surgery

4 months ago  |  166.4K
   
One month on, Prince Philip leaves Central London hospital after recovering from heart surgery.
Advertisement

Almost a month after he was first admitted for a pre-existing heart condition, 99-year-old Prince Philip left the St Bartholomew hospital in Central London today. With a 28-day stay at the hospital, this has turned out to be Prince Philip's longest stay ever in the hospital. According to a BBC report, Prince Philip was snapped leaving the Central London hospital on Tuesday morning amidst heavy security, police officers and a doctor. The paparazzi snapped Prince Philip as he made his way home. 

On 16 February, Prince Philip was admitted to King Edward VII's hospital in Marylebone after he was feeling unwell. He continued to stay under observation and in early March was shifted to St Bartholomew hospital which is a specialist cardiac care centre. He later underwent a heart surgery for his pre-existing condition and was said to be recovering. After 28 days, Prince Philip has left the hospital to continue his recovery home. 

Earlier in March, the Buckingham Palace had released a statement saying, "The Duke of Edinburgh was today transferred from King Edward VII’s Hospital to St Bartholomew’s Hospital where doctors will continue to treat him for an infection, as well as undertake testing and observation for a pre-existing heart condition. The Duke remains comfortable and is responding to treatment but is expected to remain in hospital until at least the end of the week." 

Meanwhile, Prince Philip's wife and the Queen Elizabeth has continued to work and hold engagements. As per reports, she has kept her calm and continued to carry on work despite his health concerns as well as Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's explosive interview. 

ALSO READ: John Oliver comments on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's interview; Says Royal Family is 'refusing to evolve'

Advertisement

Comments