Priyanka Chopra RESPONDS to backlash over her upcoming series The Activist; SEE POST

Updated on Sep 17, 2021 07:18 PM IST  |  126K

Priyanka Chopra has responded to criticism over her forthcoming reality show
The show's concept was criticized and labeled as disrespectful and tone-deaf

Priyanka Chopra has responded to criticism over her forthcoming reality show, The Activist, which will also have Julianne Hough and Usher as judges. The series, produced by CBS and Global Citizen, brings together six activists from across the globe who aim to make a difference in universal issues such as health, education, and the environment. Their success will be determined by their social media efforts.

However, the show's concept was criticized and labeled as disrespectful and tone-deaf. On Thursday, Priyanka put out an Instagram post, responding to the heavy backlash. "I have been moved by the power of your voices over the past week. At its core, Activism is fuelled by cause and effect, and when people come together to raise their voice about something, there is always an effect." She further penned, "The show got it wrong, and I'm sorry that my participation in it disappointed many of you."

Check out her post here:

She further wrote, "The intention was always to bring attention to the people behind the ideas and highlight the actions and impact of the causes they support tirelessly. I'm happy to know that in this new format, their stories will be the highlight, and I am proud to collaborate with partners who have their ear to the ground and know when it's time to hit pause and re-evaluate."

Meanwhile, having faced backlash online and being termed as 'tone deaf', the show will now be changing its format from a competitive series to a documentary as confirmed by Global Citizen. The Global Citizen handle in a post also shared an apology to the community of activists as they mentioned, "We got it wrong."

ALSO READ:Priyanka Chopra, Usher & Julianne Hough's The Activist CHANGES its format after facing backlash

Comments
Anonymous : Pinkvilla needs to hire a proofreader. So much bad writing here. Comments are good though.
REPLY 1 1 month ago
Anonymous : While it looks plain that this woman is delusional thinking that all cinegoers are stupid. Never expected backlash in her dreams.
REPLY 1 1 month ago
Anonymous : you were playing on other ground , with some other people .from somewhere invented this shit of love theory to do mess .and you and your two dogs , are all along the pages inslut all these people bcauz your own lie .
REPLY 1 1 month ago
Anonymous : very funny why noone undrestand , which wife , which girlfriend , I dont like the guy .
REPLY 1 1 month ago
Anonymous : I didnot intend to no relation with you dear not any kind . realy . to no Indians .
REPLY 1 1 month ago
Anonymous : O ha you called me I m not dignified ? from where you know ??? who you were to me ?? everytime I walked away because who you were to me ??? your personal life how many people you interact what have done to me , that mine to you ???? what kind of love was that ? what kind of relation ??why you and your dog are so in air ??? arenot you human , who stay for someone who is married years ?????? i have had boy friend and husband ??? so what ??
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : all those books that clown read , reached you to this point which this of a woman is from her love ????!!! plz postttt this
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : Deluded psycho , when I said I love you ?????
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : you would like why I called you dog not because you cheated , I wouldnot mind someone cheating I say bye bye , I called you dog because , If I didnot play that role you were smached there , you are in the boat we gave to you, I dont like to take it out unless you make me !
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : now put you own shade on you own eyes and do your own job this business is closed.
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : So put your shade on your own eyes and take responsibility of your own life , sailing in other peoples life is finished.
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : I helped you because you were alone and broken , Not becuz I loved you .
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : do that again I will tell you more truth about you , so better pack up any go somewhere else do your job. this business is closed .
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : I m married in 2015. you deluded idiot guys . where were you then idiot ???? any imposter case is not me or not me .
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : So you , Listen carefully not a single moment I loved you , I just helped you because you were broken and alone . now after all this days you will sit in you home alone think to yourself once( I had a delusional feeling I felt its love , it was my own elusion and I m a deluded person ) and repeat that till end of your life .
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : NO not I m a liar like you.
Anonymous : I will not cover you lies anymore
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : you talk about humanity ??? dear I was enough human to not let you die there , you were nothing without me .but you are asswhole to not let I do my own , but I m a firm beliver do right , right back to you , so I keep exposing your lies
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : I told this to all those 300 people who added me in this expand of time , and I wouldnot mind to tell you this to your dog and your harlet , I keep telling the truth .
Anonymous : YOU are a Liar , the love theory was a lie by you
Anonymous : I dont care what , YOU are a lair , and I keep on truth ,
Anonymous : I wouldnot mind If I loved you , BUT I DIDNOT
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : you are the only bad luck of me .
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : I didnot like anything in you. from the first . not anymore , its enough. I had to do my battel by myself not trusted in your lies. so I do what I had to do at first .
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : you have one side feeling about a woman who doesnot love you FROM THE FIRST. I just had trust on you , which it was wrong too . you are not trustable too
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : She is a staunch believer that she will smoothly sail through any insensible thing that comes out of her mouth because she is dominating the world. The colonial world was dismantled a long time ago.
REPLY 2 1 month ago
Anonymous : oh realy so why is not every one on her and hid own job , its fine to you to get your nose on other people job , who we are to eachother ????
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : Lol This woman continues to amuse us with her endless justification. This is what is called no talent, no beauty or brains.
REPLY 2 1 month ago
Anonymous : Sick psycho show your talent to a doctor.
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : Stories to deluded donkeys. the bad thing can happen to one person is a delusional person who lies constantly.
REPLY 1 1 month ago