RM aka Namjoon writes the most heartwarming letter to ARMY on BTS' 7th anniversary: I love you more than love

Updated on Jun 13, 2020 08:09 PM IST  |  19.7M

In his letter to ARMY, RM also reflected on his past self and the growth he's had in the past seven years.

It's hard to fathom the fact that BTS has been around for seven whole years since their debut on June 13, 2013. The septet, over time, has taken over the world with their undeniable talent and charming personalities. RM, Jin, Suga, J-Hope, Jimin, V and Jungkook have managed to worm their way into our hearts and create such a strong fanbase that is loyal beyond belief. There is no ARMY without BTS and no BTS without ARMY and the K-pop band never forgets about their fans, come rain come shine.

Hence, it comes as no surprise, that at the wee hours of the morning, Bangtan leader RM took to Weverse to write the most heartwarming letter to ARMY on BTS' seventh anniversary. In his emotional essay, Namjoon reflected on his journey with BTS, from Rap Monster to RM, and how ARMY's love made him never give up, which he is extremely thankful for. His ending words to ARMY, when he said he loves them more than love immediately started trending as fans couldn't stop gushing over how articulate RM is while expressing his thoughts, especially when it comes to his love for ARMY.

Check out RM's letter to ARMY on BTS' seventh anniversary (as translated to English by ARMY member @doyou_bangtan on Twitter):

What in fact is time? It feels as if I'm witnessing a rock on some seashore, it's form changed by the simple and calm comings and goings.. this way and that. A short period of time if considered short... but such a long one if long. It has been a full 10 years since I came to Seoul and entered the Nonhyeondong lodging in the summer of 2010. I truly do feel like a Seoul citizen now.

For it is characteristically Bangtan to do so, I thought I had observed our old and earliest selves many many times, but in the process of thoroughly studying photos from our debut period one after another, I didn't feel like the me that I had known, so they felt strange and unfamiliar. Like the Gestaltzerfall [in which the whole is other than the sum of the parts like it has decomposed and ceases to have meaning]... As I had debuted as the sharp, foil-permed Rap Monster, I had believed that intensity would mean I would not have changed even if I had changed much. But a person from another era was standing there with a surreptitious smile on his face.

Mm... today, also, I laughed a lot with my friends as we practiced our choreography. I thought also of the spirited letter I had written around the time of debut, promising that I would make you all proud. Dates are... I believe anniversaries are the special signposts in a very tedious and obvious life. It is a curious thing, that we can feel better due to a number.

I, at last, feel like I can breathe easily. It is a true relief that we could race on, healthily, smilingly. If I look to my side, I see friends, who have become much cooler and so I brace myself. Even after seven years, there are a couple of things that can't be grasped... can't be explained that rise up in my heart, fiery and strong. Moments that I sometimes miss but can never come again... But, I was happy then because it was then, and I am happy now because it is now. Though it is a little embarrassing to have pictures of the unrefined me posted here and there, the me of yesterday is surely me, so, I've now come to want to see the photos of my graduation album that I'd ripped apart a long time ago. (Though if I did see it, I'd surely regret it...)

As I read through the overflowing number of news stories today, also, I had this thought. What is different around the world now compared to seven years ago, ten years ago? In that time, what have I achieved? My hollow shouts, my meaningless motions... and the warm love from places all around the world that did not leave them as they were. In the midst of my floundering helplessness, I continue to mull over what I can and cannot do. In this way, I live out my seventh year. I thank you for giving me life and for allowing me to never give up. That you so much. I will work hard, just like I've shouted through the seven years. Starting from Bang Bang Con tomorrow! Still, as ever, I hope that my love is being delivered to you. I love you more than love, ARMY.

- Namjoon

ALSO READ: BTS Rewind: When Namjoon aka RM was asked to choose between being the leader of the septet or going solo

We adore you, King Namjoon!

Comments
Anonymous : hi i am aysha i love you namjoon love from bangladesh
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : I love you Namjoon
REPLY 0 1 month ago
Anonymous : omg i cant belive that i can talk to bts
REPLY 1 1 year ago
Anonymous : love u joonie. U r just an for us
REPLY 5 1 year ago
Anonymous : He is great person #rm #namjoon #namjoon
Anonymous : love youuu namjoon!!!!! #Indian army
Anonymous : I purple you Namjoom❤❤
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Thank you RM for sending your comment to all ARMY's happy 7th anniversary go to Filipins we miss you saranghae
Anonymous : Thank you RM we miss you saranghae
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Thank you Namjoon for ur great choice for bts...
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : BTS I am so hpy to say I am from India that My parents asked me who are u all then I told they are the biggest boy gang in the world So I asked my parents plz can I go to meet them Yes U can they told I am so hpy about this big news
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : BTS- I know you'll probably never read this, but you saved my life. You have no idea how much of an impact your stories and music has had on so many people. Thank you.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Happy birthday bts army loves you forever take care and God bless you all lots of love from India.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Happy seventh anniversary, BTS! I have only been an ARMY for about two months now, but it has been an exciting ride since I first saw the Idol MV. You guys helped me see a good reason to live, showed me there were in fact people who loved me. RM I love you too. Stay strong and healthy!
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Good Evening BTS & ARMY's around the WORLD!!! I'm in NY halfway between NYC & Montreal. It 8:39pm. Sat June 13. I am a "detail" person so will try to keep this as short as possible. I have written so many posts in FB on many sites because I am Madly In Luv w/U BTS!!! RM...U R AMAZING! Truly a Great Leader of BTS. I cried when I heard U speak at the UN. I was introduced to BTS by a student who became close friend at college I work at, March 2019. After seeing your pics & hearing you guys sing & watching U dance. I was hooked...for LIFE! I will be ARMY Til the day I die. I am old enough to be your Gramma so not age of typical fans but to me age is truly just a number & I don't think BTS cares & neither do I! Sorry just as much as U guys that tour had 2 B cancelled but U R worth waiting 4 til Spring 2021. Cant' wait 2 C U in Jersey, same time same place! I have adopted U BTS as "My Honorary Grandsons". I could not B prouder of U than if U were my "Real-Life G'Sons"! I Luv All of U Equally "OT7" but w/such diverse personalities, I Luv each for so many diff reasons! It is amazing that U have gone from strangers to friends to brothers but if we think about it, how could it be any other way? U guys say U are happy that thru your lyrics & what UR agenda is, if you have help teens, young people in 20's & 30's have a little less stress/depression/ anxziety etc. in their lives, then that is enough 4 U! What I truly believe is that U HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH U HAVE HELPED OLDER ARMY'
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hi Rm and BTS! Happy 7. Anniversary! Your letter is true! The first time im looking my daugthers what listen and witch video watching?! After i think she finish like bts. One day she tell me want a bts fan card. Im say Oh my God! But now im same she! We watch together the video and concert video or live! We love BTS!! We wish this group is a new start!!
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Thank u for being our light when we were sad we love you and I'm grateful I started to be your fan it's been 5 adorable, loving and happy years in my life and I don't regret anything Dearest namjoon and bts always remember you are loved and appreciated ❤❤❤
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : I have only just started listening to bts so I am a little late to join army I read your heart felt letter which brought tears my eyes love you all boys.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : BTS love you your songs inspire and make me alive every single day i must listen to your songs you make my days happy, 7th anniversary 3TOGETHER FOR EVER
Anonymous : Visit India BTS sarangheayo
Anonymous : 7th anniversary ♥ I can't explain how happy this made me
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : We love you namjoon aka rm your my favorite one
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Tanq so much...RM....my dimple baby....
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Thank you for all that you have done for so many of us we love you all. You saved all of us in ways that you will never know The army love you just as much as you love us
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hello BTS, first and foremost I would like to Congratulate all of you on your 7 years......HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!! I'm probably one of many of your older generation of fans and Truly proud of it, your music has touched me in so many ways I can't explain (though I haven't spoken the language since I was in High School)and yes I its terrible now Lol, but I seem to transcend when I hear your music and singing & dancing along no matter where I'm at. I can honestly say that all of you have come a very long way (and thru ur music) still have a ways to go. Your music have touched the ❤ and souls of so many (including me) your words of inspiration are so sincere. You started as a group of boys and now grown into a brotherhood of men and your music is Worldwide destroying barriers and ready to face new challenges that may come. I wish each of you nothing but the very best, my prayers will always be with you as all of you continue your journey through life no matter where it leads you. GOD BLESS you BTS .....may you continue to spread your wings and fly.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hii, this is ashwini from India happy 7th anniversary RM and BTS group, I am so glad and inspired watching your videos on tiktok app, sorry but I totally crazy about V I mean kim teahyung I love him he so cute and I love his performance on stage, dance, acting in sireal,expression, V is noghty and good boy I love him very much, mostly I am watching tiktok videos kim teahyung, all the members of BTS group stay safe and stay happy.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Congratulations BTS on your 7th year Anniversary!!! Hoping you will have a comeback concert here in Philippines before 2020 ends!!! RM kudos to you!!! T
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : We love you BTS!??!!
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Waiting for Ur tomorrow concert But it's online .and I'm waiting for tomorrow
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Congratulations BTS on your 7 th year Anniversary!!!! Waiting for a comeback concert here in Philippines!!!! RM a bright and intelligent leader, kudos to you!!!!
Anonymous : Eagerly waiting for Ur online concert
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Dear RM aka namjoonie, Thank you so much for your presence in our life. You 7 are really amazing and the wonderful human being I have ever seen. You guys inspired me a lot and completed my life. I learned a lot from you guys. Keep going like the same, there's a long way to go. No one can stop you guys. Everything about you 7 are really awesome. Happy birthday to bangtan boys. I'm proud of myself representing as an army of people like you. We will be always together wherever we are. You guys are really special to me. I can't explain how much you guys mean to me. You are my best friends and will be always. Do well, be safe be happy be always the safe. For us your health and happiness is really important. Be always together. God bless you.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Dearest RM... Happy 7th anniversary ! past days I used to hate BTS, also neglected it so badly. now I can't believe how I did so. I'm going crazy for you all and loving BTS madly. we can feel your brotherhood beyond the friendship. you are the best leader ever. you are the one who rises up BTS. ARMY also loves you so much more than love. I'm not just listening the songs, not just watching, I'm feeling it. that's why we love you so much. stay safe and stay blessed. #lovefromSriLanka
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Dear Namjoon hyung... Happy 7th anniversary,I always knew that u all will become one of the best band in the world..I pray to God that BTS will always achieve their progress with flying colours...I'm from India and I'm just 13 years old studying in the 8th grade...I just have one desire that before BTS disbands plz plz plz organize a concert in India...I'm just hoping that u will come and perform here...all the Indian ARMYs just wants to meet u in real life for just once...and most of the Indian ARMYs have started learning Korean just for u all guys..even I have started learning it...once again I wish you a very happy anniversary....stay blessed and stay happy.... saranghaeyo By Sharina Yasmin #lovefromIndia
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hi. Happy 7th anniversary. It's been seven years, so long right, for us, for u. Every day every night I think about u I listen u I talk to u. I think that's love . The love armies do. You guys have always made us laugh , cry, sing, scream and alot more . U guys changed our lives in such a beautiful way that we never imagined. Thanks to u and your dreams and your hard-working and your songs and everything u did to make us happy and laugh. I love u beyond the moon and always will. Take good care of your self, love your selves eat good and have a beautiful life. We will always support u more than yesterday, love u more than today and smile with u more in tomorrow . OTZ 7 . LOVE FROM PAKISTAN
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Love you bts!!! #INDIAN ARMY!!
Anonymous : Happy anniversary BTS We all love you God bless you all
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Since four years I've known Bangtan and I've seen all those advancements from my side. I'm really grateful to that senior who brought me to the world of kpop with bangtan being the first. It's true that choosing to be an army was worth it. Even though I'm in my teens now I've got so much inspiration from you all. Your happiness brings us happiness and I hope that this bond lasts till eternity.
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Happy 7th anniversary BTS we all love you guys stay happy stay safe❤
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Thank you RM for this lovely letter ahh I love u U and all of BTS Happy birthday to you BTS I LOVE U ALWAYS AND FOREVER WILL BE UR ARMY
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Happy 7 th anniversary BTS.we army are always with you...keep us making happy life this forever ❤️
Anonymous : Love you bts after reding this i cryy
Anonymous : I love you BTS. BTS+ARMY=FAMILY
Anonymous : RM we love you❤❤❤❤
Anonymous : lovely RM
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII A love you soooooooooooooooooooooooo much
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : RM .Nayumi Lovely .JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONI Im always proud of you thank you so much ......Fighting..Im with you forever you are my galaxy ^^
Anonymous : Hi Rm i am from india happy 7th anniversary to bts
Anonymous : Hi Rm i am from india happy 7th anniversary to bts
Anonymous : Hi Rm i am from india happy 7th anniversary to bts
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : RM is the one who can make me feel like crying reading with this letter....its really like what I feel ......RM we love u army's
Anonymous : Hi Rm i am from india happy 7th anniversary to bts
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : I LOVE YOU RM WITHOUT YOU THER IS NO BTS!
Anonymous : Happy 7th anniversary to BTS
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : RM I love u! Your songs that you sing sometimes they make me cry cuz I-I can’t see you but your music make me feel better though but Thank you so much! Namjoon!!!
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : HAPPY 7th ANNIVERSARY BTS AND BTS ARMY....LUV U ALL..AND ALWAYS SUPPORT U...PURPLE U...
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : I love bts a lot and that's why I am trying to for yg online audition....and my sis tooo... .
REPLY 0 6 months ago
Anonymous : Happy anniversary to bangtan..luv u all
Anonymous : RM i love you
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : RM I loved you as a army and your the amazing man ever, your voice,your everything! I hope you have a wonderful time! And.....I have 3 pictures of RM on my wall he’s amazing don’t judge please!
Anonymous : Namjoon I love you more than anything in this world♥️
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Namjoon (our RM)....we, the Army, also love you more than love...this comment is not only from my side but from the behalf of every army....we will always support you and will love you forever....you was in our hearts, you are in our hearts and will stay in our hearts forever.....우리는 당신을 사랑합니다......
Anonymous : Happy 7th anniversary to bts and love u all
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : I love you RM. Thank you for writting this letter.This shows you are really concerned about your fan.Please never change.Your songs are really so good and cool. From one of your fan from India(who thinks will never meet you in real)
Anonymous : Someday you will I hope
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Happy happy anniversary bts borahe Thank for being my joy and you bts teach me how to speak yourself or love your self saranghe
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Bts made me realise what is life .
Anonymous : Thank you for everything RM❤️
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Happy 7th anniversary to dearest BTS....I want you to progress like this...I will pray God for your success,happiness & health....plz come to india...we love you so much....# love from India.....
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Happy 7th anniversary to dearest bts... I want you to progress like this... I will pray God for your success,happiness & health...plz come to india ... we love u so much...# love from india....
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hello bts I'm very big fan of u every night I can't sleep with out hearing your songs u guys make me smile u make me cry and every emotion I dont know wether I can see u or not but until my last breath I will try for it and my request is plz come to india iam very happy if u come to india iam truly madly deeply addicted to your voice and your albums and your behavior plz come to india bts we are waiting for uu
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : DEAR BTS !!! DEAR RM!!! THANK YOU FOR THIS LETTER!!! YOU ARE GREAT BOY BAND WITH GREAT MUSIC AND GREAT FANDOM!!! THAT WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS ALWAYS GREAT!!! I AM HAPPY TO BE YOUR FAN, LISTENING TO YOUR MUSIC!!! BECAUSE YOU BROUGHT SOMETHING SPECIAL TO MY LIFE THAN JUST MUSIC. THANK YOU FOR ALL WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY LIFE!!!! I HOPE YOU WILL COME TO BELARUS OR I WILL COME TO SOUTH KOREA TO BE IN YOUR CONCERT!! REMEMBER WE ARE ARMY, WE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT YOU no matter what!!!!!
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Omg I am sooo happy to see so many Indian armys in the comments. Proud of you armys and BTS. RM you are always my inspiration to work hard to study. Because of BTS and their music I came out of my depression and started loving myself. And trying to achieve my goals because of you BTS. You are not just a boy band but a band who has given happiness to people all around the world. I will pray God for your success, health and happiness. Thank you BTS for coming in my life. #Love from India. In last I would like to say that when this pandemic is over then please BTS come to India we armys are waiting for you. The fanbase of armys in India has grown very large. Please come to India Borahae
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : BTS u changed my life ,I think u are the meaning of my life, but I'm late, if I took a job in South Korea, Seoul, then also it will be late because I'm just 14 after 10 years I will be graduated but it's to late for me cause you are disbanding soon my dream was to attend ur all concert and fanmeet, BTS u are my life my everything, u are the only one who can bring smile in my face, there's a lot of army like me, so please don't disband soon please, then happy anniversary BTS be happy and I purple u BTS
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Joonie my love for u is higher than sky.... Deeper than ocean.... I love u more than u can imagine.... U changed my life into a better way.... Purple you luv
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Love you bts from India you guys are really the best and your words are so heart warming Sarangheyo
Anonymous : Rm i love u more than love
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Dearest Namjoonie oppa, you mean a lot to me and all the armies all around the world. The theme that BTS give and every single depth meanings of the song and albums are so very inspiring. It always makes me completely involved in the scene and background of the songs. They are like the remedies for our depressed and sad days and hard times. It true inspires us. I truely appreciate the love and kindness you all show to everyone starting from being philanthropic. We are a big family and let's continue like this. Your letter was very heartwarming. In you all I have found the person whom I can true call ideal brothers. Maybe because I am a single child I feel it more. Let's continue our journey the way we are doing hoping for yet great, marvelous, splendid days because "We never walk alone". We are not bothered of what other say as " We are together bulletproof".
Anonymous : RM please come to India waiting for u
Anonymous : RM please come to India waiting for u
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Dear Namjoon Thank you for lots of fun and happiness. And teaching self love and love yourself your music changed my life ....whenever I am depressed and alone your music works as medicine to me . Without RM ARMY is incomplete.. #IndianArmy
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hello BTS i am an army Your letter to us is really beautiful and sweet.i wish i could meet u guya someday.And remember that armies will always love and support in every possible way.but pls take care of ur health and dont stress and over work. We will always love and support u no matter what.hope that 1 day i will meet u.we love u guys(BTS) more than wht ppl call love and more then wht they express.and thank u for existing it was the most beautiful time when i came to know abt u guys.without army there is no bts and of course without bts there is no army.hoping that u guys will continue for longer time.love frm india as i am indian and also frm uae as i am living here.all the best for future BTS. Love u guys and i purple u
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Dearest Bts and Namjoona.... We love u soooooo much.... I must be ommas age but still u are the inspiring kid in many ways.... Ur patience,, humility,, leadership are awesome.... Hats off to u... GOD bless u and thanks to my daughter to introduce ur band to us which is our important ever ingredient of our life..... Luv u ever Bts... India
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Dearest Namjoon, Thank you for all your heartfelt reflections on your past ten years. You and your members have brought such joy, excitement, exhilaration, fun and a million other words to your fandom. Please know that as time goes on you will change we will change , but we really all remain the same in our love and devotion to one another. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. OT7
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Happy 7 th Anniversary BTS lots of love to h guys I dont have much to say but we will always support u guys no matter what will happen and thank u soo much fo existing ur songs are really awesome and when I m depress I always listen to ur songs and makes me feel happy and take care u guys and plots of love and support to u guys love u guys
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Rm ,namjoon I love u more than love take care guys stay happy and God bless u guys
REPLY 0 1 year ago
Anonymous : Hi namjoon i want to meet you but i think in this birth is not possible but.i think ur soft hearted person and everyone knows that u face so many problems .and ur speech inspire me and so many that peoples who think that our skin color, our fat etc.our weaknesses what it's not our weak pt it's our strong pt and represent us different to others.