Stay Gold: Jimin and Jungkook's harmonisation is a winner as BTS' latest single will calm your troubled minds

Updated on Jun 20, 2020 12:57 AM IST  |  11.8M

Stay Gold is the lead single of BTS' fourth Japanese album, Map of the Soul: The Journey.

"In a world where you feel cold, stay gold," croons Jungkook, in the beginning two lines of Stay Gold, which is the lead single from BTS' fourth Japanese album, Map of the Soul: The Journey. For the unversed, after the rousing success of Map of the Soul: 7, which released on February 21, 2020, BTS announced the Japanese version of the album, which would include 13 tracks. Out of the 13 songs, four of them will be original singles including Stay Gold.

As an early treat for ARMY, Stay Gold was released earlier today, i.e. June 19, 2020, and after listening to the song close to 10 times already, we can guarantee the song as a staple in your playlist. The hopeful lyrics with the calmness, i.e. the talented vocal line of BTS (Jin, Jimin, V and Jungkook), you're transported to your inner dreamland. It's inspirational in today's troubling times and that's what makes Stay Gold such a relevant, terrific track. Moreover, ARMY couldn't get over ChimChim and Kookie's gorgeous harmonisation towards the end of the song while Jin and TaeTae were termed 'angels' for their mesmerising vocals.

But, the rap line of BTS (RM, Suga, J-Hope) is not far behind as their verses had a sing-song element to it. ARMY is always eager to hear the vocal side of the rap line and Stay Gold is a primary example of why.

Listen to Stay Gold from BTS Japan Official's tweet below:

What did you think of BTS' Stay Gold? Let us know your views in the comments section below.

Fans surely were confused, however, as to why there was no music video accompanying Stay Gold. However, Stay Gold MV will be shown for the first time in Japan on the TBS' CDTV Live! Live!, a four-hour special broadcast on June 22, 2020.

Moreover, Stay Gold will feature in the upcoming Japanese drama, Spiral Labyrinth: DNA Forensic Investigation OST.

ALSO READ: RM aka Namjoon writes the most heartwarming letter to ARMY on BTS' 7th anniversary: I love you more than love

Meanwhile, Map of the Soul: The Journey, which releases on July 15, 2020, will also include INTRO: Calling and OUTRO: The Journey along with Your Eyes Tell, which is a ballad composed by Jungkook.

Comments
User Avatar
Anonymous : I like jimin dance
REPLY 0 3 months ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : The song was beautiful and okay ...... and i also loving it and the harmonization of jikook is beautiful they are like a couple in that song.... love you♡♡♡♡ BTS, Fighting.
REPLY 7 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : The song was okay.. I like JK Revoice most always. I was not impressed by Jimin's harmonization nor why were his eyes ion a stare. More and more I like Tar's voice and songs. He has more feelings within his music.
REPLY 3 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : JK MOST LOVELY STRONG VOICE. You have fun with Jimin, but you are so very much younger than what i saw with you and Tae. There was a deeper meaning in your relationship. It was wonderful to see for many years. I don't understand how different you are with playful Jimin. You both appear to be loving friends on a light, no serious type of relationship. Jimin I doubt has the courage to go against his family wishes. Jimin for the four years I watch never showed any depth in gay matters. He seems to shy away nor confront anything seriously. I have wondered why except it is much safer for him and you not to go any further to learn or find out about choices and what is meaningful. Trust you true nature don't hide yourself behind silliness and would be good to read and enter into another learning not only playing. Read opening of the field. Strong book. Thank you for all your sweet self.
REPLY 1 1 year ago
User Avatar
Anonymous : STAY GOLD WAS THE ULTIMATE OG HATERS!! haters gon hate but we still keep loving keep your hate to yourself coz no one asked for ur opinions btw
User Avatar
Anonymous : my mom got angry for me listening to stay gold and kinda confiscated my laptop.but I still managed to crop it back an continue listening to it lol NO ONE EVER DARE TRY AND STEAL MAH LAPTOP CUZ I WILL AND SHALL GET IT BACK says my laptop wallpaper.lol
User Avatar
Anonymous : I'm literally binge-listening as I do my homework. It does calm me down but I don't dare to watch the MV until I take a break. Because I saw the Pied Piper lyrics and I'm taking it to heart. JiKook's harmonization was no joke. It was so good, vocal coaches were shook. I loved Yoongi, Namjoon and Hobi's vocals. They ALL have gotten so good, better and better over the years. Like, just when you think that they can't get any better, BOOM! They drop new song/s on us and leave us shooked. Borahae BTS and ARMY!
User Avatar
Anonymous : Those people that take the time to write comments about how bad Stay Gold song is and how bad it was performed by BTS boys better get a hearing aid then write another comment, ha,ha,...
User Avatar
Anonymous : I loved the song, I can't stop playing it throughout my day. All member voices complement each other in perfect harmony.its just beautifully to hear and watch. I love those boys are so talented, gifted and super cute!! May God bless them always!
User Avatar
Anonymous : I love how tae stans are here being jealous and talking about "love the whole band" and then mentioning sweet night when they are talking about an OT7 song and pretending to be locals that like taes vocals OKAY, the hypocrisy! The article mentioned all members so no need to be insecure! anyways jikook harmonization is superior and it was definitely beautiful and stood out and Jimin and Jungkook did amazingly though out the whole song. Great article!
User Avatar
Anonymous : Jungkook and Jimin vocals are amazing, specially Jimin was so effortless. Jinmin's unique voice always takes me to a another world ♥️ love you baby Mochi ♥️ release a solo album if possible ♥️♥️
Anonymous : ah we already know you are a jikook stan, ot2 nah
User Avatar
Anonymous : Don't treat the members of BTS as though it's a competition. Your headline is annoying. Don't use the group at all for clicks if you don't know how to cover them correctly.
User Avatar
Anonymous : If you wish your report not to be spammed and reported u better focus BTS on a whole when it comes to their song.... Of course they have individual achievements as well but as for their group song ...Sorry to say if u think that jikook harmonization made stay gold a winner!!!! That's a joke
User Avatar
Anonymous : I'm sorry but it seems like you are dissing jikooks harmonization , "that's a joke". You are a joke you are 100% a solo stan so stop trying to act like you are defending OT7.
User Avatar
Anonymous : I liked the song but the fact that V and Jin got the minimum lines.. that is disappointing!!! All the vocalists are equally talented and should get at least equal lines .
Anonymous : I agree with that
User Avatar
Anonymous : BTS always rocks what a rocking voice.
User Avatar
Anonymous : I love the voice of jungkook and jimin they are the best singers but I also like ok V in the group because his voice is so different
User Avatar
Anonymous : I'm not fan bts ...but honestly I liked jin's voice more ..and I really liked "sweet night " taehyung...I don't know him but his voice is so deep and perfect.
Anonymous : agree Swett night is so amazing
Anonymous : Exactly I like jin and taehyung vice more
Anonymous : Sweet night is next level
Anonymous : Exactly Sweet night is another level
Anonymous : agree Sweet night is so so so amazing
Anonymous : you'd die listening to It's Definitely You by V and Jin XD
User Avatar
Anonymous : Yeah good to see Tae and Jin getting more appreciation finally. I'm JK bias but honestly I feel like Jin is underrated. If you love Taehyung's voice, then listen to: 1. Winter Bear 2. Singularity 3. Friends (he did this with Jimin, but its good) If you like Jin's voice, then listen to: 1. Moon 2. Epiphany 3. Mama . I guarantee you won't regret it!
Anonymous : Stay Gold was trash
Anonymous : Exactly
Anonymous : agree I didn't like it at all
Anonymous : True It was so bad
User Avatar
Anonymous : First of all do you have that ability like them to sing that your are calling their song as trash
User Avatar
Anonymous : Are you a singer? No, you're not. Then how you can judge the song 'Stay Gold' that it is good or not. There is trash in your mind not in their voice or song.
User Avatar
Anonymous : What you doing here btw?u already know its about bts stay gold because of the headline and u still click and comment something bad.news flash:we dont need it.the word trash its already old and not in bts,army and especially me in our vocabulary.
User Avatar
Anonymous : If you don't have nice to say just get out of here. I am enjoying Stay Gold and nothing could change me about that.
User Avatar
Anonymous : You are trash!!
User Avatar
Anonymous : then don't waste your time listening
Anonymous : Haha so are you
User Avatar
Anonymous : SO ARE YOU LOL If its trash then why even click on this... by the way, we neither have time to get hurt by people like you nor care about such words. In our book, haters are a literal waste of time.
User Avatar
Anonymous : I don't like jungkook's voice ... I frome me jin's voice is so perfect
User Avatar
Anonymous : If you're ARMY then learn to appreciate all of them... bruh, did you know that Taehyung asked ONE thing of the ARMY? It's to love all of them equally because he loves them all too. Don't waste your time on commenting on how bad Jungkook - or any of them - is if you can't love them all. Heck, just leave the fandom if you can't appreciate their voices.
Anonymous : The song was bulls**t
Anonymous : I didn't like it at all
Anonymous : Stay gold is not good at all
User Avatar
Anonymous : Bts is not only jikook ....respect all of them Honestly I like tae and jin voice
User Avatar
Anonymous : i agree this person trying to put only 2 members in their headline is so concerning.
Anonymous : Honestly I like jin's voice
Anonymous : Me too
User Avatar
Anonymous : Respect all of them . Rap line and taehyung and jin were amazing too. Bts is not just Jimin and kook
Anonymous : Exactly
Anonymous : Not bad ...
Anonymous : Respect all of them Bts is 7 members ...not only jimin and jungkook
Anonymous : Honestly, l didn't like the song at all
Anonymous : Me too
Anonymous : Me too
User Avatar
Anonymous : It's so bad ....respect all of them Jin , taehyung, suga, RM , jimin , jhope , kook They're all amazing.
User Avatar
Anonymous : It's amazing but l like taehyung's voice and jin too. as always tahyung had the least part ....it so bad ...bighit ignores him ...terrible.... and I don't know why no one talks about jin's beautiful voice ..... anyway, I like Ot7 ...they're so perfect and I like them and support them . Purple you Bts
Anonymous : Exactly
Anonymous : Exactly
Anonymous : Solo STAN comment about solo STAN lol
User Avatar
Anonymous : BTS is so talented and we always love them! "Stay Gold" is an amazing and probably my number one song right now along with a lot of songs from their newest album: Map of the Soul 7. It is always stuck in my head and reminds me of how we (A.R.M.Y.) love you! Keep up the good work!
Anonymous : Wht abt Rapline
User Avatar
Anonymous : the creator doesnt care abt them, dont u look at the title? probably ot2 stan. Rapline was perfect, nam, suga and jhope, so beautiful lk always
User Avatar
Anonymous : Nope everyone was amazing learn to respect all of them
User Avatar
Anonymous : Wht abt Jinn r u serious?
Anonymous : Form me it was Jin
Anonymous : From* OT1? ! bruh
User Avatar
Anonymous : Plz this channel is so much biased u guys never appreciate Jin n Rap line they were also amazing
Anonymous : Don't know how to say but I love BTS a lot❤
User Avatar
Anonymous : This song, only hours old to our ears, is already a timeless classic. It doesn’t seem possible but their rare level of talent allows them to just get better and better. Mind blowing. Vocal ability across the board again proves they are simply THE best. The bar has again been raised, the mic dropped. Thank you BTS for again lifting my spirits into the heavens. No choice but to continue to stan HARD and for life. Borahae ARMYs, stay safe and healthy. Cannot wait to belt STAY GOLD with our Bangtan boys and my fellow ARMYs Soon!
User Avatar
Anonymous : BANGTAN is always our gold!!!!
User Avatar
Anonymous : This article really doesn't do justice because everyone would agree it was the vocal line and not just Jimin & Junkook. Sorry but disappointed by the heading itself.
User Avatar
Anonymous : I thought I distinctly heard jin's voice in the chorus....
User Avatar
Anonymous : I totally agree, this site is so biased. I always find this site trying to make every silly detail of jikook into a big thing; happened during their recent festa 2020 and run bts. Jungkook hugs jimin, jimin talks about jungkook. Like seriously bruh? I respect the ship but please give equal importance to other members as well. im not jin biased but i thought jin's high notes were to be highly appreciated.
User Avatar
Anonymous : Wow people can't praise Jimin and Jungkook without people like you in the comments. Your jealousy is showing. There are articles everywhere praising individual members, you better go comment on all of those. You have a lot of work to do .
User Avatar
Anonymous : Love you BTS ❤️❣️ This song is so touching I can't hold myself from listening to it l had already listened it more than 16 times .love to vocal line .kookie I Love you .VKOOKMIN my heart
Anonymous : So true ARMY4ever ❤️