Oprah With Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special was as promised, a no holds barred intimate conversation as The Duke and Duchess of Sussex spilt some controversial tea on the royal family.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry also revealed the gender and due date of their second baby. Suicidal thoughts, Archie's skin tone; 5 bombshell statements during Meghan Markle & Prince Harry's interview

*Trigger Warning*

Oprah Winfrey wasn't kidding when she stated that no topic was "off-limits" in her candid two-hour-long interview with Meghan Markle and Prince Harry. During Oprah With Meghan and Harry: A CBS Primetime Special, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex spilt the tea on their royal family exit and what led them to take such a drastic decision in the first place.

From remorsefully revealing their current "fractured" equation with the royal family to enthusiastically confiding the gender and due date of their second baby, we got to witness an extremely candid side of the famous couple. While Meghan shared her honest thoughts about being too "naive" before marrying into the British royal family, Harry also confessed to being "let down" by his father Prince Charles. What was pleasantly surprising was how both of them revealed to have a cordial relationship with Queen Elizabeth in spite of stepping back from their royal roles.

"I didn’t want to be alive anymore. That was a very clear and real and frightening constant thought."
Meghan Markle

Here are five bombshell statements by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry about their ex-royal family life and their future below:

Meghan had suicidal thoughts:

"I didn’t want to be alive anymore. That was a very clear and real and frightening constant thought. I was really ashamed to say it at the time and ashamed to have to admit it to Harry especially because I know how much loss he has suffered, but I knew that if I didn’t say it, that I would do it and I just didn’t want to be alive anymore. I remember how he just cradled me and I went to the institution and I said I needed to go somewhere to get help and I was told that I couldn’t."

"Yes, this was very, very clear. Very clear and very scary. And I didn’t even know who to turn to in that. And one of the people that I reached out to and who has continued to be a friend and confidant was one of my husband’s mom’s best friends, one of Princess Diana‘s friends. I share this because there’s so many people who are afraid to voice that they need help and I know how hard it is not just to voice it but to be told no."

Concerns about Archie's skin tone:

"In the months when I was pregnant, all around the same time, so we have in tandem the conversation of he won't be given security, he's not going to be given a title and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born. [Oprah asks, "Who is having that conversation?"] There are several conversations about it... With Harry... Potentially and what that would mean or look like. [Oprah asks, "And you're not gonna tell me who?'] I think that would be very damaging to them"

Meghan and Harry reveal their second baby's gender:

"It's a girl... Amazing. Just grateful. To have any child, any one or any two, would have been amazing. But to have a boy and then a girl. I mean, what more can you ask for? But now, we've got our family. We've got the four of us and our two dogs and it's great. [Oprah asks, "When is the baby due?"] In summertime."

"[Oprah asks, "Two is it?"] Done... Two is it."

Harry financially cut off by the royal family & Princess Diana's possible thoughts on Harry and Meghan's fallout with the royal family:

"[His family cut him off] In the first half, the first quarter of 2020. But I've got what my mum left me and without that, we would not have been able to do this. So, touching back on what you asked of what my mum would think of this, I think she saw it coming. And I certainly felt her presence throughout this whole process."

"And, for me, I’m just really relieved and happy to be sitting here talking to you with my wife by my side. Because I can’t begin to imagine what it must have been like for her, going through this process by herself all those years ago, because it's been unbelievably tough for the two of us, but at least we had each other."

Kate made Meghan cry:

"No. The reverse happened. I don’t say that to be disparaging to anyone. It was a hard week of the wedding. She [Kate Middleton] was upset about something. She owned it. She apologized. She brought me flowers and a note apologising. What was shocking was six, seven months after our wedding, the reverse of that would be out there in the world. I would have never wanted that to come out about her."

"A few days before the wedding she was upset about something, about flower girl dresses. It made me cry, it really hurt my feelings. She apologised, and I’ve forgiven her. What was hard to get over was being blamed for something that not only I didn’t do, but that happened to me. She’s a good person. I think so much of what I’ve seen play out is this idea of polarity. If you love her, you don’t need to hate me."

Which bombshell revelations by Meghan Markle and Prince Harry left you shocked? Share your picks with Pinkvilla in the comments section below.

"We have in tandem the conversation of he won't be given security, he's not going to be given a title and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born."
Meghan Markle

And, that's the tea!

ALSO READ: Meghan Markle REVEALS she contacted Queen Elizabeth 'just to check in' after Prince Philip was hospitalised

If you know someone in crisis or feel the need to reach out, do not hesitate to contact a suicide prevention centre or helpline.

Anonymous 4 weeks ago

A misfit is a misfit. Anything said to represent this truth has just different ways of expressing it.

Anonymous 1 month ago

we love Meghan and Harry and their love and dedication to each other harry has a glimpse of his mother in his deeds congratulations for their girl child also blessings for archie

Anonymous 2 months ago

So sick of their perpectual victimhood, chronic moaning, worthless woke preaching, and daily multiple in-your face news articles about their pointless existence. People are experiencing real current problems associated with the pandemic, homelessness, food insecurity, lack of medical care, job layoffs to name a few and to hear this middle aged couple whine about being forced to live on a minimum of 25 million dollars (inheritance/savings) after his father "cut them off" is beyond pathetic.

Plz Dont repost duplicate comments

Anonymous 2 months ago

Washing the dirty linen in public. Attention seekers

Anonymous 2 months ago

Royals are perfect! Queen has done pretty well in her job. But, Megan is sick.. her acting is bad here too. She did not even try, Diana tried hard for many before she gave the interview. Harry is a major let down. I thought they wanted to live quietly

Anonymous 2 months ago

Rich people and political families have lot of skeletons in their closet .glad someone had the sense to break free from old monarchy

The bottom line is, Go East Go West In laws are the worst lol

Anonymous 2 months ago

Why work when you can get free easy money

Anonymous 2 months ago

Make up stories contact connection Oprah oh we are so poor and helpless. TV appreances and all will make them easy money.

Anonymous 2 months ago

It is sad to watch how she endured all those manipulative tactics and political royal class drama! Our simple middle class life is way better and sweeter than these high class shits!!!!

i believe her..

Anonymous 2 months ago

Harry seems to be a joke.

Anonymous 2 months ago

She married him thinking its all play. But monarchy comes with lot more restrictions and responsibilities. She only wants the respect, the riches and the attention but none of the responsibilities. That's why they gave up their Royal duties.

Shameless, attention seeking couple

Anonymous 2 months ago

The biggest letdown is Harry. He allowed his family who have sacrificed endlessly to maintain the monarchy to be shredded apart by a woman who, if she truly loved him, would want him to rebuild his relationships not burn bridges.

Anonymous 2 months ago

He can live in his own terms - no one’s blaming that. Why bring everyone down... they are just the source of money is cut off.

Anonymous 2 months ago

The days of monarchy is long gone..he has the right to break free and live his own life on his own terms.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Tantrum throwing feminist incapable of sacrifice. As they say, offence is the best defense. Sad that these shurpanakhas are being seen as "role models" by youth

Anonymous 2 months ago

What sacrifices have the RF made? Instead they bullied and killed his mother.

Anonymous 2 months ago

On second thoughts, they deserve each other , She is hurling abuses and mud on his family and he is quitely smiling . tomorrow when some one says something about his wife , he will not come to her defense she will know then .

Anonymous 2 months ago

They are just a Drama Queen Couple.

Definitely see why she’s Priyanka Chopra Jonas’s friend! Lol

Anonymous 2 months ago

The interview is all about what Meghan thinks. Just allegations. Not sure she is telling the truth or making up stories in her head. She sure wants attention. And what is she talking about skin tone? She is as white as can be.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Did Meghan marry Prince Harry to become the queen? Marrying into one of these institutions comes with its own iron clad expectations and Meghan, who hasn't crusaded for a thing in her life thus far besides paying lip service expected to change it all? Meghan Markel is a classic case of wanting to be black for all the privileges her biracial background brings her, and then crying foul when she isn't handed something down to her. Loved how the interview was amped up on the points that buys Meghan & Harry media coverage to increase their popularity on social media chatter, thus allowing them to bargain for more on future paid engagements.

Shes beautiful

LOL.

Anonymous 2 months ago

Harry looks like ginger version of Meghan. They are look alikes

Anonymous 2 months ago

Liar liar pants on fire ! I don't believe a word of this lying, manipulative,narcissistic couple. You guys are adults, go fend for yourselves if you don't like to work for the money given by RF. And for god's sake quit whining, nobody cares. People during these trying times have gone through much worse.

Anonymous 2 months ago

She sounds like a desi bahu who married outside of her class/caste and had to deal with inlaw issues.

Anonymous 2 months ago

MM comes out as an attention grabber in this interview . Not one person from the royal family ( Prince harry is not included) has opened in their defence till now . Gotta admire their stiff upper lip . They never show emotions in public like her .

Anonymous 2 months ago

So - whine and create a ruckus to demand respect/ attention, if you are not worthy enough to get it through organic means?

Anonymous 2 months ago

Is it bad to express your feelings? I think the message here should be “speak out if you are being treated unfairly” that applies to work and life!! Happy international women’s day