If sources are to be believed, Chris Hemsworth "doesn’t want to be forced out of the spotlight when Thor is at his most popular following his acclaimed reinvention in Ragnarok."
Thor: Love and Thunder star Chris Hemsworth NOT happy being replaced as Thor in MCU?Thor: Love and Thunder star Chris Hemsworth NOT happy being replaced as Thor in MCU?

It was previously announced that fans will be treated to a new a Thor in Thor: Love and Thunder. Marvel Studios confirmed that Natalia Portman's Jane Foster will lift Mjolnir in the new Marvel Cinematic Universe movie. Fans were thrilled to learn the actress's upgraded role in the Taika Waititi directorial. However, it has now been claimed that the OG Thor Chris Hemsworth is unhappy over being replaced in the fourth movie of the franchise. We'd suggest you take this update with a grain of salt.

If sources of We Got This Covered are to be believed, the Aussie actor "doesn’t want to be forced out of the spotlight when Thor is at his most popular following his acclaimed reinvention in Ragnarok." The Avengers: Endgame actor apparently feels that the franchise has barely scratched the surface of the new Thor. He is allegedly disappointed about being "shunted into the background of his own franchise," the report claimed.

While we wait for Chris to react to these rumours, the actor recently spoke about the delay in the filming of the project. He told Extra TV a couple of months ago, "[I was] supposed to shoot Thor in a few months, and that's sort of been put on hold. But that was gonna be in Australia. So I was gonna be in Oz for a while. Now it’s nice just to be home with the kids."

He also previously teased that the script of the fourth Thor movie is nothing less than insane. Speaking with The Philadelphia Inquirer, he said, "It’s one of the best scripts I’ve read in years. It’s Taika at his most extreme and at his best. If the version I read is the one we get running with, it’s going to be pretty insane."

Stay tuned to Pinkvilla for more updates.

Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news,Hollywood, K-Drama etc . Click here
Anonymous 1 month ago

Here's a better idea, make NEW heroes. Oh wait, Marvel-Disney is just pandering and not really all in on inclusion and representation.

Anonymous 3 months ago

If someone would be Thor, it would be ONLY Hemsworth. No one else. He's terrific in the role, awesomely brilliant and delightfully captivating. He has made it his own, he f*cking owns it! He's the epitome of Thor. He IS Thor! Chris Hemsworth all the way!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Amazing! It's about time women were represented fairly! But I do hope the new female Thor is also lesbian or something non binary, because the LGBTQ community is massively underrepresented in film. All I can say is that this is a brave step in the right direction and I hope many, many more films choose this path.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Women are already represented fairly, and have been for decades. They are now taking over all the men roles, and for new reason. Like another comment said, just make new characters. We already have the Valk, Pepper, Captain Marvel, and a ton of other strong female characters. Replacing Hemsworth with Natalie Portman is an idiotic idea.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Won't be watching without Chris as Thor!!!!

Anonymous 3 months ago

I wish they wouldn't get rid of Chris Hemsworth, But if they do What can we do?. Nothing.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Every original avengers are being replace now. So sad.

Anonymous 3 months ago

it would be nice if they would create a complimentary character to support chris hemsworth thor since loki is dead but i wouldnt change thor to a female version on its own. marvel always had male and female characters dont change the male characters to female

Anonymous 3 months ago

Loki will be returning in some way or another

Anonymous 3 months ago

Do not, I repeat do not get rid of Chris! I will not watch it nor will anyone else if you do! He is the one and only Thor! Quit messin with the great marvel movies!

Anonymous 3 months ago

I don't like that they are pushing him out he play his part and I don't think that no one would be better than him, come on he has been playing this part for years why change up now

Anonymous 3 months ago

Natalie will be wielding the mjolnir thats a fact. Thats because Thor has the newer and probably stonger weapon i.e. Stormbreaker.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Awful take. STORMBREAKER is garbage that giant dwarf Dinklage was forced to make because of GOT fame, Mjolnir is an entity with character born of the will of the Allfather. Now, for reference, Eric Von Lustbader creates the dark elf Elrich of Melnibone, who wields STORMBRINGER, a sword with mythical soul striking abilities, as well as it having a sibling weapon, Wormbrand Soulstriker that also could rip the souls from the living. It’s a travesty that either comics or MCU stole an original weapons concept to bastardize Mjolnir into some subweapon. . . Mjolnir as an entity is VASTLY superior to most any of the humanoid supers, hence the inability to wield. Warping all the canon into multiple versions of the Norse dirty already sucked, then destroying the mythos of Mjolnir

Anonymous 3 months ago

People are saying Portman isnt replacing Thor...well in a small way she is taking away a part of his character... I cringed every time Portman was on screen with Thor. I don't want her to have Thor powers it's less screen time we get to see the real Thor. It's lame. The whole movie will be spent with Portmans journey becoming worthy. Snooze fest! What we or at least I wanna see is an adventure with Thor and the Azgardians, a lot of banter with Peter quill and Thor, and Lady Sif being the motivational love interest for Thor, cause that was Thors last friend who Waititi didn't ruthlessly kill off... Plus she is good for Thor...meow

Anonymous 3 months ago

Who is Natalia Portman?? Alway thought it was Natalie Portman myself.

I'm telling u guys MCU IS GONNA REGRET THIS!!!!!!that's for aure

Anonymous 3 months ago

I'm warning u guys this will become a FLOP MOVIE!!!

This is the worst decision MCU has made...... cuz Chris Hemsworth was the best

Anonymous 3 months ago

Don’t mess with Thor - huge mistake!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Are you kidding me a women as thor please don't spoil your movie no one's going to watch it. It will be a FLOP MOVIE I'm damn sure. Chris is the best and no one else can play that role like he does. You better reconsider.

Anonymous 3 months ago

He'll still be around Thor passed the torch cuz he takes the roll of allfather/kingthor aka odins Mantle

Anonymous 3 months ago

Exactly kevin said at last years comic con that chris can play Thor fpr as long as he can if this was true all the big news sources would be talking about it an emergency awesome would have reported but he has denied these rumors a few times these articles have nothing else to do so they're spreading rumors and chris has also stated hes excited to see more stories with his character so he isnt going anywhere I think you're right about the allfather

Anonymous 3 months ago

He is Thor and still has stormbreaker. She may have the power of Thor and molnjir but will not be Thor. Room enough for several story lines. Imo They ran parallel in the comics, why not the movies?

Anonymous 3 months ago

I have always thought she couldn't get into the role. She played both movies like her mom was making her go to school "Every Single Day!" SOB! But my friends moms let them stay home. I have always hated her in this role. Nothing against her when she loves it like Black Swan, but this seems to be "yay, I am in a Thor movie." And not. "Heck Yeah! I am in an Awesome Thor movie!" I love Thor, he is my favorite comic book character even back in the original comic days [yes, I am a girl that loved reading comics since I was a kid. . . Long time ago.] Maybe someone else could pull off female Thor, but it speaks volumes that she was absent from the arguably best Thor movie.

Anonymous 3 months ago

I read some of these comments in Thor's voice... lol

Anonymous 3 months ago

Look ppl it's a movie you will either like it or hate it......lets face facts whenever there is a change there are going to be those who dislike or disagree with those changes......I love CH as Thor, but at that being said I probably won't see this movie in a theater not for any reason other than time I don't have.......it's entertainment plain and simple......get over it

Anonymous 3 months ago

The problem is this is just a terrible rumor lol kevin has stated chris can play thor for as long as he wants thats why him and taika went to go meet with kevin so they could pitch thor 4 and more thor movies thats why he gave up being the king now he is on his own path I think he's on his path to allfather Thor jane will be thor on earth and he'll be thor in space

Anonymous 3 months ago

I'm fine with the movie direction. The only thing that bothers me is that Natalie Portman crapped all over the Thor movies. Portman talked all sorts of crap about how she didn't like being in them and didn't like romantic scenes with Hemsworth. Hemsworth's wife actually did the kissing scenes between Thor and Jane in the Dark World. At the very least they should have replaced Portman with a new actress. She phoned in her scenes just like she did with the Star Wars Prequels.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Whether or not it's Hemsworth or Portman, it's a taika film, so it's gonna be decent

Anonymous 3 months ago

Go do research man you'll see this article and one other are the only ones to talk about this meaning its not true because if it was every single news source would have been talking about it and kevin had already stated chris can play thor for as long as he wants at one of the comic cons last summer

Anonymous 3 months ago

Done with mcu gays and feminists can have it. No one will watch it.

Anonymous 3 months ago

I don't think Chris is bothered by the new Thor. After all, Chris Thor doing things on Earth doesn't work. Chris Thor doing things in the galaxy, works. As for Natalie Thor, she's someone who has a life outside of Thor, which means she's be a great addition to the Avengers.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Someone is saying that Sif should be the new Thor. Seriously? She wasn't in any MCU movie after The Dark World. Marvel won't revive that character now.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Id'a preferred if Sif was a Valkyrie. Tessa Thompson is an insult to Norswomen, although I guess if was okay to have Tom Cruise as a Samurai then it's less of an issue. Just imagine if Thor had met Suf on Sakar, after having seen everyone he loved killed or believed dead, only to be tazed and thrown in the Grandmaster's Arena by her. That would've been great and more emotional.

Anonymous 3 months ago

I prefer her to take the villain role as Enchantress.

Anonymous 3 months ago

I would love to see Hemsworth in a Unworthy Thor movie. That would be a great way to continue his story and still have their jane foster thor

Anonymous 3 months ago

Forget what happened in the comics. Sif should be the new Thor.

Anonymous 3 months ago

If its coming from We Got This Covered, don't believe any of it. They are one of the least credible sources out there.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Look what happened to the last Ghostbusters movie. Sad!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Thats not what they are doing! they are just adapting the comics! Jane Foster became Thor a long time ago, but that didn't erase the original Thor from existence, actually they were an amazing combination

Anonymous 3 months ago

I have been a Marvel comic book fan for decades, now they are switching arguably the best remaining avenger? I like NP but this feels like another captain marvel. You can keep it Marvel,good luck alienating your true fans

Anonymous 3 months ago

1. We Got This Covered is never to be taken as 100% accurate. 2. Anyone who reads the comics & ISN'T sexist is looking forward to the change.

Anonymous 3 months ago

There's only one thing that would make Thor 4 worth watching. Look, I get that Jane Foster Thoress is canon in the comics, but that doesn't mean it's going to be good. Now Beta Ray Bill on the other hand... that's worth seeing. Especially if Guardians vol.3, now that the original non-woke writer and director is back in the chair, intersects with Thor 4 or 5, it would be so awesome to see Rocket and Beta Ray on screen together.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Hell since Hollywood is in full bi-erasure and gender identity mode and bent on making Valkyrie bis*xual only in theory but for all practical purposes l*sbian 'because she can't pick a male to rule Asgard with her, she deserves a queen yaaas', I wouldn't have any issue with horseface and tr*shpanda portrayed as bi and having a buddy-cop vibe going. I bet the general and alphabet audiences alike would love the chemistry and the ambiguous masculine banter. Picture a dynamic like Tango & Cash (coincidentally Stalone and Kurt are in the MCU), 22 Jump Street, Hobbs & Shaw, Ted 1&2, Sherlock Holmes (coincidentally RDJ & Jude Law are in the MCU), Point Break (coincidentally Stark calls Thor this) and Fired Up, a fun buddy-cop duo just with more bromance undertones. It would be refreshing with how everything is so watered down and warped to exclude masculinity or make it look as 'toxic' as can be.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Hemsworth is probably wishing that he had signed one of those Robert Downey, Jr contracts contracts that termed phase three. Marvel phase 4 looks like it's going to be a disaster.mpoor guy.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Really!. There goes the Thor franchise. And of all people Portman is definitely the wrong choice. Especially when there are many Asgard people still alive. I will not be wasting my money.

Anonymous 3 months ago

WeGotThisCovered is always reporting false news...Their sources should never be believed...Chris Hemsworth said he love Thor 4 script...No one is replacing him he will remain Thor, Jane Foster will share the mantle with him...

Anonymous 3 months ago

I hope you are right! I LOVE Chris Hemsworth as THOR and would not want anyone else to play him!

Anonymous 3 months ago

I'm not going to watch new Thor movie if Chris Hemsworth is not there cause I want him to be always Thor. He's born to be Thor Odinson. I really like him but I don't like Portman as new Thor. If you replace Chris Hemsworth then I swear that I never and ever going to watch any movie of MCU. My name is Ravin do whatever you want to me. I don't care only I care is Chris Hemsworth as Thor. This doesn't make any sense to replacing him.

Anonymous 3 months ago

They are not replacing him, they are adapting the comics! In the comics Jane Foster has been Thor since a few years ago, and it was amazing! Try reading it, and you will see that they are not replacing Thor, they are just adding more Thors.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Good we don't want you too anyway

Anonymous 3 months ago

Replacing chris hemsworth nahhh thats gonna be the biggest fault ever

Anonymous 3 months ago

Are you guys sooo dumb? chris will not be replaced. Love and thunder is just a new script and just one movie. How you guys came to conclusion that chris will be replaced is beyond me!! and just because a female takes the lead in one movie you guys throw the same jabs like feminists, me too etc etc. How this is related to LGBTQ community is beyond me. also leftists? really?? being a feminist is a good thing. you half wits dont have to make it a bad thing. why do you guys get sooo threatened when a female takes a lead in ONE SINGLE MOVIE!! chris is not going anywhere, this article is trash. AND natalie will be in love and thunder. get on with it without bruising your delicate little good for nothing egos and stop being little snow flakes

Anonymous 3 months ago

Feminism & LBGTQ people are taking over Marvel. Sad!

Anonymous 3 months ago

I am not going to watch the new Thor. I am leaving the MCU as of endgame. That's a good end to the interconnected movie uberverse. I like Portman in most of her roles, but think that maybe it's time for film to go back to some original creations and maybe not beat a franchise like it's a dead horse to get every dollar from it. BTW, why is every post anonymous? My name is Erik and I stand by my opinion, I don't hide behind a comment section screen.

Anonymous 3 months ago

In the famous words of Buddy (Syndrome) Pine from the Incredibles, “When everyone is super than no one is”! Chis made Thor his own. Seems like he comes from a nice family - pretty cool dude.

Portman is bullshit

Anonymous 3 months ago

No one like natalie Portman she does not suit with chris hemsworth

Anonymous 3 months ago

Portman sucks Dennings would rule! As would alexander....

Anonymous 3 months ago

Damn...seeing a lot of male chauvinism here...boo hook, Jane's not worthy...read the comics...she is not becoming Thor. What, Wonder Woman was ok, but Jane should stocking with being a sidekick or die or maybe be Thor's queen!. WTF

Anonymous 3 months ago

The MCU isn't the comic. People aren't upset with NP they just think CH is good and don't understand why the change is nessicary.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Coming from We got this covered.. One of the worst sources to get any believable information from!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Let's see..... Oceans 11, Charlie's Angels, Birds of Prey, and of course who can forget, Ghostbusters. All flops!!! When is Hollywood going to learn that this woke woman S*!+ just doesn't work in action movies. The new Thor will be no exception.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Oh i got the title of the new Oceans movie wrong? YEA BECAUSE I DIDN'T SEE OR CARE ABOUT THAT TURD!!! I did forget to mention the new Terminator movie though....STEAMING TURD!!!

Idiot its oceans 8 not 11

Anonymous 3 months ago

His point is still valid tho. -Erik

Anonymous 3 months ago

I think you mean Ocean's 8.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Thought the hammer just focused Thor's power and wasn't the source? His father was Odin as well.Havent read any of the newer comics,but how does Natalia Portman's character become the goddess of thunder?

Anonymous 3 months ago

Ever heard of beta ray bill? -Erik

Anonymous 3 months ago

If they change actors; Hemsworth, I won't be watching that movies. It's not even a male verses female thing. The comic book writers went too far with Jane as Thor. Now they want to make us swallow it on the big screen. No way!! I'm a Thor man from way back; he had a cane that turned into his hammer, he was even a doctor.

Anonymous 3 months ago

NP is a good actress and im sure will do well. That being said chris made thor with his humor and charm, he fits the physical profile to Marvels thor perfectly(original myth thor has red beard n hair), and with the fact that he's already 1500 years old in the series means he could easily stay for a few more movies as thor even if he is just roaming the galaxy

Anonymous 3 months ago

For those who read the comics the movie Ragnarok was complete BS. And he needs to realize he's not getting replaced but taking a break cuz female Thor is not permanent

Anonymous 3 months ago

They say take it with a grain of salt and that is what I am doing

Anonymous 3 months ago

This bs woke culture again and again

Ching chang chong.

wtf r u saying that bs4

Anonymous 3 months ago

SJW strikes again. CH is Thor. Period.

Anonymous 3 months ago

If Chris not playing Thor I’m not watching at all period! Stan Lee pass and y’all start doing. Whatever yall want Huh.... Been watching marvel movies and reading comics since I could read. But yall losing me!!!

Anonymous 3 months ago

Guess you missed the issues about Jane using the hammer

Anonymous 3 months ago

You claim to read the comics, yet complain when exactly what happened in the comics happens in the movies. Your lying skills could use some work. (^_<)

Anonymous 3 months ago

Natalie as Thor?! Maybe Thumbalina... If Chris leaves MCU as Thor that will be the last in the Thor franchise that we see...

Anonymous 3 months ago

this is probably all hype. Just at Valkarie took over as super of "New Asguard" didn't make Thor less important in the franchise...... Natalie Portman playing a female Thor didn't diminish his character. Their not at all likely to but him in the background. He may share the stage..... But I'm convinced he'll definitely be in a starring role. Jury is out on Natalie Portman as a female Thor. She certainly phoned it in after the first movie. She can actually actually it she gets invested. As far as disappointment. I love the chemistry of Thor with the guardians of the galaxy. What I'll be the most disappointed in is if they don't get to a full on crossover movie with them.

Anonymous 3 months ago

Do people not realise Natalie Portman isn't playing Thor, she's just got the powers of Thor because shes worthy, like Cap in endgame and Jane Foster and Groot in the comics? Some people have never read the comics and it tells

This is MCU not comics -Erik

Anonymous 3 months ago

We Got This Covered is as reliable as the World Weekly News and the National Enquirer, they are frequently caught making things up. Anyone repeating their BS has zero journalistic integrity

Anonymous 3 months ago

Natalie Portman belongs in perfume commercials

Anonymous 3 months ago

Chris has made Thor his own for sure but the hammer has passed to others before in the past. This being said changing a character at possibly the height of there popularity can be disastrous if just done for the sake of doing so. If It must be done it has to be believably done and within the continuity of the mcu to have a good chance fans will except what amounts to an unnecessary change at this point and also assuming Hemsworth is still willing to suit up for it.

Anonymous 3 months ago

One thing we are all missing is, how will Mjolnir return into the current timeline? Mjolnir was desroyed by Hela and the Mjolnir from "End Game" was sent back to its proper timeline. Maybe it will somehow be brought back in Dr. Strange 2. On a side note why didnt Capatain Americas uniform change when he lifted Mjolnir?

Thank you!

Anonymous 3 months ago

NOBODY CARES ABOUT that comics BS. THIS IS MCU!!!

Anonymous 3 months ago

If they change Thor there will be less people watching the movie. Me being one of them.

Pinkvilla has updated its Privacy and Cookie policy. We use cookies to improve your experience on our site and show you Personalized advertisement.

Options